Halle Berry claims ex called her the N word

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Esoterik Dreadz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Figured this deserved a topic of it's own since it makes an interesting discussion on interracial relationships.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/02/halle-berry-gabriel-aubrey-nahla-custody-daughter-expletive-n-word-bitch-expletives/

I dunno how true this is but a number of people are corroborating it. It also not the first time i've heard some mess like this. My cousin's ex husband threw that word at her once while they we're dealing with a custody battle too. Needless to say, he lost. Does this seem more common in WM/BW relationships?:confused:

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

It usually takes a divorce to bring the ugly out of people.

3. fromrussiawithlove

fromrussiawithlove New Member

You know what, since their split, he's kept quiet and never once said anything about her despite the things she did in their relationship, only choosing to speak out when she threatened to take his child away. I think this is bullshit, due to her erratic behaviour since their split. I think now that she's dragged him (and he looks like a good father) into a custody battle, she seems determined to say anything and everything bad about him. For example, she said he fucked all these women post their split yet SHE has been to the one to be seen with about five dudes so far and he's only ever been with one woman since. I think Halle is bringing out some very ugly and untrue arguments.
    To accuse someone of being racist, especially when they have a mixed race daughter, is pretty disgusting.

4. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

she seems like a grade A hyporite and spitefull bitch from the things shs gotten up too and said

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is on par with "her father touched her inappropriately" that some mothers claim in custody battles. Sometimes it's true, sometimes not. Same with the N-Word. Both are very easy to accuse, hard to defend.

6. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Maybe the n-word was NUTS!!!!!

7. fromrussiawithlove

fromrussiawithlove New Member

Pretty much.
    It's sad, because both seem like good parents... as Jordan said in another post, the only person losing out her is the little girl.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I wonder why she says it now, and not before. This makes it suspect.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I don't believe anything 'Hit n run' Hallie says about anything.

10. Jase

Jase Active Member

I'm on the fence with this. For one I think he was the one who wound up suing for custody, not her. And if he claims that she's never there for the child anyway, what exactly is he trying to sue for custody for? Although maybe I'm wrong about that. Also if the man is verbally abusive, and previous girlfriends have stated that he is as well as provided recorded voice messages to back it up (dude can flip out), it's not surprising she'd stay silent for most of the relationship.

I mean most women in abusive relationships, physical or otherwise, usually don't run around telling people and will keep up the happy relationship/family/co-parenting facade to project a certain image to the world and the people they care about. I mean the only reason the Rihanna and Chris Brown thing came out was because the last time he beat her ass it was so bad there was no way she could cover that up anymore. And she said it happened multiple times.

I don't think it's such a crazy idea that now that Berry's custody is being threatened, she'd feel she has no choice but to let the cat out of the bag regarding Audry's alleged behavior.

Also this guy not getting his side of the story out to me in no way means he's innocent. I mean who's stopping him? If anything it's more indicative that he has something to hide. Seeing how he was the one who is suing for custody (or if not at least saw this coming) you think he'd at least put out a statement denying these allegations if they're not true. Or have one prepared. Not just letting people on her side do all the talking. And no one close to him so far is coming to his defense?? That just strikes me as odd.

I'm also not sure what people are basing the idea on that either one of these two are great parents besides the fact that they look good and smile a lot. I haven't read anything about their parenting skills except for the claims that she's rarely around and he's a pretty inattentive caregiver.

Another thing I don't get is why people are so quick to write off the claim that he called her the N-word. What white men don't do that anymore?? Having interracial sex inoculates people from making racist statements, using racial slurs, or just being racist period?? One other thing that bugs me is whether he used the N-word or not, people act like she accused the man of murder. I get really tired of the "OMG BLACK PEOPLE ARE ACCUSING ME OF BEING RACIST/USING THE N-WORD I'M BEING PERSECUTED" and people buying into that crap. That happened to me last Saturday. My best friends girlfriend used the word TWICE and when I went off on her and her boyfriend told her to leave she starts getting all defensive and claiming she was "being persecuted". It's even more annoying seeing blacks going around acting like that type of reaction is logical or even appropriate.

Now as I said Im on the fence. Personally I think Halle Berry has some psychological issues as well as some serious self-esteem issues. Which is why I'm waiting for more information to come out before I make any type of conclusion myself. She jumps from bad relationship to bad relationship and can't seem to stay single for more than 2 weeks at a time. That doesn't necessarily make what she says not true but to me it does raise some red flags when it comes to how she relates to and reacts to men, especially if she feels threatened. Having a couple of bad relationships happens to people but when it happens over and over and over again it's really time for you to start looking in the mirror.

That being said, (and I know I said plenty but when you type 95 + wpm it never seems like that much until you read all of it :rolleyes:) for now I'm leaning more towards her side. Mostly due to the fact that the men she marries and dates tend to be abusive, serial cheaters, and unstable anyway. And her ex calling her the N-word doesn't sound as crazy to me as a lot of white people (and sadly some blacks) out there are trying to act like it is.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  11. Co-sign on all this.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Quick FYI, he did comment yesterday...

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]

14. z

z Well-Known Member

Ruskie, you smart Brit, agreed

Yeah, Strom Thurmond hated blks for generation to come, did not want blks to get equality, wanted segregation across the nation, thought blks were sub-humans, all the while he had a mixed race daughter and was sending her money for many years with out the knowledge of his white friends.

America is a different animal, Welcome to Yankee's land, amiga

15. Jase

Jase Active Member

Not if it's true. And like I said, I get tired of people (and white people are the worst when it comes to this) acting like being called a racist is one of the worst fates that can possibly befall them.

I've been called a racist. Believe me being the victim of racism is much MUCH worse. Not that many white people seem to get that or even care to.

Ahh thanks for that. Based on her relationship history I wouldn't be surprised if she is jealous and suspicious. But it sounds like she has proof to back up her claims, while he really doesn't. So I'm going to wait and see. This is nowhere near as interesting as Tiger Woods and Elin though.

16. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

So OK the male model pretty boy whom I have never seen utter a word on film/commercials etc. is all of a sudden the bad guy N-word-using asshole.

Like women don't play games with men's children/custody issues on the daily.

Like sistas don't try to lord it over a man if she's more famous/making more money than him.

After her Oscar-winning Monster's Ball performance, my heart doesn't exactly bleed for her being ALLEGEDLY called the N-word, which I don't believe, by the way.

Sistas have sucked white dicks since the dawn of time including Strom Thurmond, Mark Fuhrmann and one of the NYPD who tortured Abner Louima, I'm sure they've heard the N-word thrown about, so excuse my yawn

Halle pimped the white man for the sperm she craved and like a black widow is trying to kill him by Mel Gibsoning him in the press.

But Oksana had a tape, where's Halle's tape?

Halle is a liar until proven otherwise IMO. It's 2011, later for the woman as automatic victim defense. Game has been peeped, ladies.

17. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

If that's the best she's got to keep her daughter away, she ain't got shit. This ordeal just started and she's already claiming verbal abuse.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Damn. So where's Garcelle Beauvais when you need her???:smt100

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn brothas are going in on this thread. Good posts fellas, very proud to see bm with their eyes open.

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt038

She is nuts. He should just shove some prozac down her neck & tell her to stfu.