Hard out here being a white woman in America

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Oct 28, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Didnt realize this was a fund raising campaign to fight street harrassment.....sure

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn its so spot on but this like most things will be ignored

3. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

Did anyone else notice the noise from the passing train in this video? :-x

4. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

You two recognized, what he is saying about location?" She's walking through a Ghetto- what do you expect?" What means at the end, this behaviour is pretty much unclassy, not to mention that this is dicriminating ( all people in social problematic parts of a town have no manners).

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

What's the problem? He's spot on and I'm speaking from experience. People in those areas in general lack discipline and simply don't give a fuck in general because they have nothing to lose.

Each and every single male on this very forum would be uneasy with their woman walking thru ghetto parts of the town by their lonesome.

6. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say 'all' people, but you certainly do not expect people of lower socio-economic status to have the same social graces as you would expect from people with well... with more.

A lot of people opt to use LCD to prove a point, because it's easier... less work, and usually surefire.

7. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I'm confused now..the behaviour in the first video was acceptable for you, let's say, a laugh, a joke
    in the second video, where the guy says that this behaviour is typical for low class people you confirm, too

What the guy says, a view and a compliment is not harassment, I agree.
    But that's not what is shown in the first video and what I was talking about

yes, I can assume that there are some problems, I just find this guy in the video pretty fast and taking for granted with his assumptions and generalizations. I've made my experiences in this topics 99% with white muslims, like Albanese, Egyptains, Turkish people, but I also know that a lot of those are Top people.

8. The Dark King

Cosign and cosign

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

While the cats that were following her were doing way too much, no one, man or woman, should have the expectation to not be talked to by random strangers in public.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I still think this chick and the media are making this video out to be something more than it is.

This female said she was walking around NYC for TEN HOURS!!!. And probably not all in the same day.

10 hours and these were the worst comments she got??? Really??lol

Basically it tells me this chick was ignored for the most part but the media jumped on this video like it's proof that all women face undue sexual harassment the minute leave the house 24/7.

After 10 hours walking around in NYC you figure at least 1000-2000 men saw her and 95% of them didn't say shit.

If she'd worn a dress or long skirt that didn't show off her figure, she probably would have been invisible.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  11. The Dark King

Good point after ten hours of walking around in a city of 8 million and that's it? After rewatching the video I admit some of it was ridiculous and I can see why someone would feel uncomfortable but it's not as dire as they're trying to make it seem. This shoot distracts from real issues facing women.

12. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

This! It's inevitable that certain people will be approached by random strangers and I don't see giving compliments to women as sexual harassment, which is a subjective concept anyways. Nobody makes a big deal about men getting compliments from women about their looks, as that'd probably be considered luck.

13. The Dark King

To be fair this is where I see the feminist pov. Men don't have to worry about our physically safety from men so its not the same. But I continue to ask what do feminist see as the ideal? Would you prefer that men don't speak to you at all in a public setting? Or do you want complete control over when we do or don't because that sounds a tad oppressive.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

16. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

I don't think I was implying real harassment of anykind is okay or anything. I was merely providing an example of feminist double standards that plague our society. I mean, women are allowed to do anything they want and are rarely ostracized for it, meanwhile if a man does so much as stare at a woman, it's morally put on the same level as an actual act of rape.

17. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

People regardless of gender receive online threats all the time, so I don't see why being female makes her anymore special than male victims. This is yet another example of feminist double standards plaguing our society. Anyways, it's quite a surprise she's gotten rape threats at all as she looks like an ugly POS.

18. satyr

satyr New Member

Like what?

Provide clear examples of offensive or unlawful female behavior that is done with impunity.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]ZlHVANXh-yg[/YOUTUBE]

"Bu bu bu but men are stronger and should be able to take it"

20. satyr

satyr New Member

Well you provided an example of theater, which is attempting to advance what? Perhaps proof that some improbable events are probable. We both know, however, that such a truism doesn't require the manufacturing of an event.

So ... if proof for the truism that improbable events are probable (e.g. winning the lottery, traveling to outer space) does not require a scripted event, find me a real world example. I'm sure there are more than a few that exist.

Proceed.