Harold Perrineau: Stop Saying My Daughter’s Not Black Enough for ‘Jem and the Hologra

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by samson1701, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

no it's obvious you don't.......you and others are trying to change biracial into black. it's not about black looking, it's about being actually black.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You haven't told me anything. If you can't define black for me, I have to go with my current knowledge and understanding.

Now that's common sense. Apparently you don't have any.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

My issue is with you trying make something that's not so simple, simple as sticking a label on it. Obama is a perfect example. "Yes" he is biracial based on your definition/logic. But what does he self identify himself as and how is he perceived by society at large?

Also since Obama is not black according to you, then what does that make his two daughters by a woman you obviously consider black??

Let the hair splitting continue.......

4. TERRASTAR18

there is nothing hair splitting about it......you are arguing with two different points- what society identifies you as or what you identify yourself as and what you actually are. and yes obama's kids are biracial it's just percentage differences. michelle has two black parents.....so she is black....it's logic. during segregation many ppl with black parents could pass didn't change that they were black.

obama was an opportunist who used his black features to get elected.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Is biracial and black mutually exclusive?

6. TERRASTAR18

i have...you are just being daft....biracial is biracial......you can't marry a black person and have a white child...sorry to break the news to you honey.

7. TERRASTAR18

yes....you can't be two thiungs at once.......you can be half black and half something else.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So black means 100% black DNA?

9. TERRASTAR18

at least 3 quarters.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043

11. TERRASTAR18

you understand now.........now you won't be so daft.

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I understand. It's a natural reaction to being slighted historically. Doesn't make it right, but it does provide an explanation. Man, the effed up stuff we humans do to each other.

My reading of this thread - particularly the first posts - gave me the sense that there were posts complaining about either 1) the casting of black actresses of a skin tone different from the original character in the source material or conversely 2) anger about the emphasis some put on the accuracy of the skin tone. I was simply adding that given the prevailing majority standards of beauty, some women are angry because totally African-looking women are rarely the leading roles in media. It makes sense to me but I only see a greater percentage of racially ambiguous women in the media on the horizon because of the increased mixing among the population. My comment seems consistent with the overall theme of the thread.

13. TERRASTAR18

i understand what you are saying but my point with that is biracials still only makeup a small percentage of relationships most ppl still date their own race and my issue isn't mixed race ppl on tv. the issue is white supremacy where there are roles for 600 blondes but so few for poc that this whitewash can happen. my issue is harold is playing into this game.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No. You're the one arguing because you're the person claiming the authority on what defines "black"....

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What percentage of black DNA do you think the average "black" american has?

16. TERRASTAR18

you and others are trying to make biracials black.....that is impossible. i don't know what is hard to understand. the same way a transgender can identify as a woman but will never be a woman. they will be transgendered. it's simple. you are trying to spin a simple fact. and way to parse my post because you can't directly address it. at the end of the day you can believe what you want. you are a grown man. it is still wrong. biracial is biracial. yes ppl can and have passed but it doesn't change facts.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  17. TERRASTAR18

no black person is 100 percent black......the point is you and others trying so hard to make biracials black. trust me if harold's daughter wasn't getting a benefit from it she wouldn't be claiming black.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Where are you getting these "facts" that you are employing again?

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wtf? All I'm doing is asking you questions.

20. TERRASTAR18

i feel like i am going in circles. honestly you seem to deny the fact that two races literally means two races. simple question- is rachel dolezal ? she identifies herself as it...