has tv become too diverse....?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Mar 26, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok if you say so lol. Gays are superior to straight folk, apparently I missed the study that deems sexual orientation the litmus for success. Thanks for the pseudo education lol

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I have to admit..this is one conversation this forum NEVER had

Who says originality is dead

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Observation is learning, TDK. Nothing pseudo about that. I didn't say that gays were superior to straight folk. Just more focused in a work environment. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with one's individual success. They know what and where they are. So, like anyone else in their position(especially in the workplace), they have to work harder. Like we do on our jobs. It is all about survival. Some individuals and groups follow this example.

4. The Dark King

Ok if you say so

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True G,they are even strong in their clout to force two red state legislators to change their laws in a number of days not months or years. Most of those couples are more rich than a lot of hetro couples.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Where are you getting this information from?

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the RFRA laws in Indiana and a few other states, that wasn't just gay people making noise, it was the threat of boycotts, ridicule, and a lot of other things that made them think twice. A lot of straight people were as offended by those laws as anything else.

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

As a straight guy, I'm offended by it because it blacks were denied service by businesses too

All I see is a slippery slope

I don't see how any of us could get behind a bill like that

10. Since1980

Back in the days, plenty of segregationists used religion to justify Jim Crow laws. Slave owners used scripture to try to justify slavery. Men used scripture to justify that a woman's place is in the home, subservient to her man. Needless to say, I disagree with all of those things.

They're trying to pass a similar bill here in Georgia but one of the Republicans(!) added some language to the bill stating that the law, if passed, could not be used to justify discrimination. The sponsors of the bill, who swore up and down that their bill was not for the purposes of discrimination, had a fit once that language was added...now I wonder why? :rolleyes:

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously

Like that old saying goes, those who don't know/ignore history are doomed to repeat it

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

True. And let's not forget the pressure from such bastions of social justice and struggle as Wal-Mart and the Chamber of Commerce, worried about their bottom lines.

ROFLMAO

True. Everyone is free to hold their own beliefs, but the economy is the public sphere, and you can't allow private religious convictions to dictate any group's access to goods and services, if a business holds itself forth as a "common carrier".

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm still laughing at this thread title and the silly bastard in the media that prompted this whole debate

I've been watching tv all weekend and this shit is like a blizzard in January

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Nothing in the Bible justifies or advocates discrimination because of sexual orientation.

You're right it's just a cover for bigots to hide their prejudice behind the Bible.

If you really broke some of these fundamentalist 'Christian' down, you'd find that many of them are in favor of collecting all gay folk in concentration camps and ending that problem altogether.

Christ ministered to the condemned, prostitutes and lepers.

I don't think he'd have a problem selling pizzas to someone having a gay wedding, or taking their wedding pictures.

Believers need to really ask themselves if homosexuality is like this top 5 sin, why is it not mentioned in the New Testament, God's new covenant through his son Jesus Christ??

States like Indiana and Arkansas got in line because the GOP most of all worships MONEY, and when Fortune 500 companies are calling up the governor saying we won't be doing business in your state any longer if this law isn't changed, the deal is done.

15. Since1980

The fucked up part is that if they'd stuck to their principles (and I use that word loosely) and decided not to change anything even with the threat of losing a bunch of money and business, I'd have more respect for them. The fact that they caved as fast as they did means that I actually have a negative amount of respect for them.

I haven't set foot in a church in years but from what I can remember about the Bible, Jesus healed the sick and fed the hungry. He didn't straighten the gay.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm thinking it has more to do with marriage being defined as a union between a man and a woman

Like I wrote before...the bible outlines a lot of shit....and if these religious types were legit.....they'd have no customers because everyone's fucked up

This is just more anti-gay/pro-everyone else stuff

17. Since1980

A friend on a friend on FB broke it down perfectly.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Damn I hit like 5 of them joints

I had my palm read before......and I'm a bastard child

Guess I'm stuck baking d'giornos

19. The Dark King

It's odd none of these people feel as strongly about poverty homelessness and war. Oh yeah that would actually be for the common good and be the Christian thing to do.
    I no longer recognize false prophets with their hypocritical self interested bs.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Just shut up and eat your pizza

:partyman: