Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The producers have said Euron Greyjoy will be an even bigger douchebag than either Joffrey or Ramsay Bolton. We'll see. Unless he'll be around until the very end of the final season, he's got some work to do to live up to that.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, both of those things and plus I have a girlfriend I be with. I've only managed to binge 1 season of a show like when I have time(which is not that often.) Or I could just do what I've done with iZombie and what I have done with Orphan Black and that is watch about 3 episodes over a time period. I'm taking a time out with iZombie, because it gets silly during season 2. But I managed to catch up on Continuum in about two months before the last season. But GoT is like six seasons! I don't know, which one will be best for a late timer? Pick a season or over a time period to watch all six?

I still haven't seen the first 3 seasons of ER. lol.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

At this point, the only thing he could do to be worse than Ramsay or Joffrey is to kill or rape a beloved or important character. I predict that he will do one or both of those things to his niece and nephew. I also predict he is going to kill the Sand Snakes or at least some of them, and they will be his "gift" to Cersei.

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

6. Tamstrong

Not a bad start to the new season. Last season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. It was a bit too predictable in my opinion, and I hope this season is better.

What I'm more excited about is the next book, and I wish he'd get it done already.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm...No!! You should be wishing for the next two books to be done and coming out.

All things considered with the TV series and as much time has past since the last book came out, one would think that he should be trying to get both books finished and out for publication.

8. Tamstrong

You're right; he needs to hurry the hell up! It feels like I've been waiting about 10 years for the rest of the books to be done, and I'm tired of waiting.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Really? I loved season 6. Arya killed it. Jon's return, Ramsey being killed. It was dope.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It would be real fucked up if he decided not to finish the books and told everyone one to just watch these last two seasons to find out how everything plays out......

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I read that GRRM told the show runners how the entire series ends, just in case he dies. So unless the show runners go a completely different direction, the show will spoil the books anyway.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There are certain storylines and situations that play out in the book that are not on the TV series. Even though the series will of course spoil the ending, book readers want to know how the storylines and circumstances that are only within the book will play out.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well sure but that doesnt mean you will get to the end the same way.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you've read the series thus far, it's more than clear that how they get to the end of the story in the book series compared to the TV series will be completely different. Some of the things that have not yet happened in the books but already have played out in the series won't happen the same way. Jon Snow's "resurrection" definitely won't play out in the book how it did on the series based on how certain things were set up differently.

15. Tamstrong

It definitely had its great moments, but for me it also had a lot of not so exciting 'yeah, that's what I figured would happen' kind of moments too.

It would be fucked up and beyond depressing if he decided to do that. Just thinking about doing that to us would be enough to warrant a serious ass kicking. He better not leave us hanging.

I don't think seeing the ending on the show will spoil the books, at least not for me. IMO the books are a so much better than the show, and if I had to choose one over the other, I'd take the books. They've done a great job with the show, but the books have a great deal more to offer, and, like Ra said, fans of the books will want to how the things only in the books will play out. Not getting to read the last two books in the series is what would spoil it for me.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Do any of the divergent storylines you are looking forward to in the books revolve around any of the "big three" Jon, Daenerys or Tyrion?

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes. There are certain things about Jon Snow that weren't touched on in the TV series. The biggest thing besides his parentage can still be touched on in the TV series however. There is a certain storyline regarding Tyrion and a character not introduced in the TV series. How Daenerys finally arrives in Westeros more than likely won't be how she gets there compared to the TV series. Or more precisely it probably won't be the particular Greyjoys from the TV series that are responsible.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I read the books between Season 5 & Season 6. That's such a huge storyline/shocker, I still can't believe they're not using it in the show.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've kept the overall core story of the novels intact but trimmed off a whole lot of characters and storylines that are playing out around the main story.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This trailer just dropped at SDCC about an hour ago: