HIV has risen to a whole new level in the south.

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by KingAesop, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying, and I'm certainly not trying to dissuade anyone from using condoms, just emphasizing the fact that there is no perfect protection out there from pregnancy or disease, and with STD's on the rise it is a concern for all.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt026

As the saying goes, abstinence is the best protection

But horny people will be horny people

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roslyn-m-brock/hiv-aids-black-community_b_3672738.html

3. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Damn! this is third world statistics right there:cool:

4. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Watchout heathens !!....Pestilence: Aids, Ebola etc..... is also prophetic !!......

5. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Please stop creating fear and panic :cool:

6. Archman

With all due respect Mister GHANA,....We are past the creating stage. ..The fact is, any thing coming out of Africa these days is already evoking fear and panic world wide. ....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The birthplace of humanity will also be its death

:smt088

8. Athena

Athena New Member

Hey, I'm a heathen by all accounts. But sure as hell don't have unprotected sex with random skanky dudes, nor hang onto dead family members after they die from ebola.

(Not that everyone that contracts HIV gets it from skanky dudes!! I'm well aware of the other ways to contract the disease.)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:rolleyes:

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I beg to differ cus the recently discovered oil and gas reserves that has been found in my country which by inference is coming out of Africa is not evoking fear anywhere in the world. So NO not anything coming out of Africa evokes fear and panic. I am just being sarcastic with that one, but it is plain disingenuous to be saying "watch out heathens aids, ebola, pestilence .... "as if the activities of heathens are causing the outbreak:cool:

11. Archman

ln my country somtimes we have lighthearted fun with clichés. ...For example: I am sure you will agree with me that Athena is a beautiful heathen...

12. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Like how some people have lighthearted fun with watermelons and chicken? Remember i have lived in your country and know your culture very well:cool:

13. Archman

What is great about my country is that watermelon and chicken is in ABUNDANCE. ...and so is basketball.....

14. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

And yet 1 in 6 Americans go hungry everyday, what a crying shame. I am sure that is the punishment for heathens as well since they have turned their back on the big man up there :cool:

15. Archman

Even with that 1 in 6 ratio, my chicken , my watermelon and my basketball, .....I would not trade away my American quality of life to live anywhere else in the world. ...

16. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

A Canadian wont trade his Canadian quality of life to live anywhere else in the world, so would Brits, Japanese Chinese et al, so you haven't said anything mind shattering. And contrary to what you think some people living in the beautiful continent of Africa wont trade their quality of life to live anywhere too. Surprise Surprise huh?:cool:

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I love living here as well. However, having had the opportunity to travel, there are MANY wonderful countries in the world, often times with a higher quality of life, see below. One of the items on my bucket list is to live abroad for a few years, specifically Australia, UK and/or Canada. Have you ever lived anywhere else?

http://www.businessinsider.com/top-countries-on-oecd-better-life-index-2013-5?op=1

18. Archman

Loki,
    The man made a subtle reference point that I have to live in a country where watermelon and chicken is a part of my stigma. .....I was merely making the point to him that despite those flaws endemic in our nation, I personally, have still managed to thrive like hell...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ah, I missed that interplay.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't agree with what Arch said, Africa is a beautiful Continent, and many of its people I have encountered are colorful and vibrant and warm/welcoming.. the diseases from there do not define the billions of its inhabitants, nor its grand place on this earth.

however for you to retort "1 in 6 Americans go hungry everyday" as if that is the glaring reality here.. please. Food is in abundance here, Govt subsidized feeding programs and agencies are freely available, from feeding kids at school, soup and church kitchens, food stamps, et al . A person goes hungry by choice here, or because the have a drug/booze addiction and blow their money.

We don't know what true hunger is, so its insulting to suggest we do. In fact we have so much food here that we donate food to other countries whose people are not only hungry, but STARVING.