Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm in my 40's I just bounced around a lot. Yeah, a man pulling up a women's skirt is a dick move if she isn't into it. However, I still think Morgan is just one of those handsy old dudes who really doesn't mean any harm.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

(Edited, because l just feel sick sharing my anecdote..)

So...just know..deep down...we know when a man is making creep moves on us. We might block it out, excuse it, laugh it off, even deny it..but our viseral reaction knows.

Look at hers. Does she lull back in bliss or tighen up. That's up to her to decide how she felt.

Know though, I do get your point...how do you as men know anymore. It's stressful for the good guys.
    I think when in doubt, don't.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah.. Morgan is the stereotypical dirty ol man. Bush Senior is another.

But for real..don't pull up my skirt. I will slap you. ( not you per-se, lol)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks can be deceiving because there other pics of Charlize Theron kissing Will on his neck and kissing and initiating physical flirty contact with other men. So even if she does decide to come out against Will those pics of her doing it what she claim she felt uncomfortable with will be in reality hypocritical and shouldn't be taken seriously. But when these terms sexual harassment and assault are broaden and people are conditioned to be hypersensitive to these terms it wouldn't matter what she did, she accused him of sexual misconduct therefore poor Charlize and Will will be seen as the creep.

And that is a problem most can't see. For years we all believed Emmett Till whistled at that white woman. Now she came out and admit he never did. So for the longest a lot of people thought that part was true because it was said. And obviously Emmett couldn't defend himself.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I don't know about Franco. The -#MeToo accusations against him killed his Oscar hopes. Before that, Franco was favorite to win his 1st ever Oscar.

6. darkcurry

But are they considering banning him? You see in regards to the SAGs and sponsors the difference here is that James Franco didn't get invited to the SAG awards, while they are considering stripping Morgan Freeman of the lifetime achievement award. Franco lost no sponsors, they allowed him to be in peace really while it died down. Publications are promoting his new movie right now called Kin.

And to hit on what @The Dark King is getting at he still have his TV show where other men who aren't consider "sexy" by hollywood standards have been fired from their place of employment.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Franco got a lot of fallout. Winning an Academy Award is guaranteed bank and lucratice future parts. He lost that chance.

In any event, Visa has now dropped Morgan as their spokesperson. This is becoming a very ungraceful fallout to an enduring career filled with extreme reverence towards him. Which should tell us to just stop believing the characters they play.

8. darkcurry

James Franco has a new movie that is being promoted by companies, he lost no sponsorship(I just seen a commercial with him on TV before logging on.) he still has his TV show and Seth Rogen and other big stars male and female said they will still work with him. He's fine. lol.

With exception of that skirt pull up incident if it's true, the rest of that is flirting pre-Metoo. As I said Metoo has broaden these terms to the point that flirting is going to be seen as illegal. We have seen COUNTLESS times (if you go on youtube) where stars are flirting with the reporters and in other cases the reporters are flirting with the stars. There was this reporter that flirted with one of Lavar Ball's boys, reporters have flirted with Idris Elba and he has flirted back, The black woman that Morgan Freeman flirted with said never once in all the time she interviewed him that she felt uncomfortable.

Some of these people aren't feeling empowered by the MeToo movement to come out against powerful men. Some of these people that led it has popularized the fabrication of victimhood with the phrase "just believe women", "why would a woman lie", and recognizing women like Matt Lauer's mistress as a victim. When she even admitted the affair was consensual, but her excuse she felt compelled to participate in cheating with him because of his power has given weight to irresponsibility. Not to mention there was celebration that men were losing their jobs and going down more than it being a shame and caring for the victim! And then you had a few women including a correspondent for I think MSNBC said they don't care if innocent men go down. When you create protection and give the illusion of positivity for these things you're going to empower liars, irresponsible people, those with a victim complex, and deplorable people. These kind of people exist and are apart of MeToo... and for anyone to think that every case is credible is ignoring that these people exist or wouldn't use MeToo to their satisfaction.

There are people in this world that play victim to racism and sexism they didn't go anywhere, we have recognized them in the Offensive Awards thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In regard to the pregnant CNN reporter's claim, Morgan is now threatening to sue CNN...
    He has produced video that he wasn't talking to her, but to Michael Caine....

Morgan Freeman threatens to sue CNN and releases video he claims proves he didn't harass pregnant reporter and was instead responding to Michael Caine when he said 'I wish I was there'
    By Chris Spargo

[​IMG]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-reporter-wrote-sexual-misconduct-story.html

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This was available the same day. That bat shit crazy woman provided the very same video as "proof"

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Had no idea that others were present. I thought the interview was one on one. This is turning out to be very bizzare with CNN and him fighting. Who is telling the truth?

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He is obviously

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Stuart Weitzman executive claims ex-creative director repeatedly told him he needed a 'dick in his mouth' and asked why he was straight in front of colleagues - but HR refused to act on allegations for months
    By Kelly Mclaughlin EDT 29 May 2018

[​IMG]
    Gibb ^ ...........................Morelli ^
    • Stuart Weitzman executive Thomas Gibb claims he was sexually harassed by the company's recently departed creative director, Giovanni Morelli according to court papers obtained by DailyMail.com
    • Gibb says he endured 'numerous unwanted touchings' and 'endless comments'
    • He claims Morelli told him he needed to have a 'dickk in his mouth' or a 'dick in his ass' and would question his sexuality in front of other employees
    • Gibb told Morelli his shoe size, and Morelli responded with, 'Wow you must have a huge dick' and 'You are straight though, it's so sad', court papers say
    • When Gibb reported the behavior to HR, the company 'refused to take any action whatsoever and the sexual harassment continued', court papers say
    • The company eventually forced Morelli to resign earlier this month 'in an attempt to shield itself from liability' when Gibb obtained legal counsel

A highly respected footwear executive has sued the parent company of Coach, Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman claiming he was sexually harassed by the latter's recently departed creative director, Giovanni Morelli....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-creative-director-sexually-harassed-him.html

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Judge who sentenced Brock Turner to six months in jail for sexual assault loses his job in a victory for the #MeToo movement
    By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
    06 Jun 2018

'The broader message of this victory is that violence against women is now a voting issue"

'This is a historical moment in time. Women are standing up for their rights and there is a national reckoning.'

The judge, in protest and in an attempt to defend his actions claims, among other things, that this is a bad precedent because he thinks it will pressure judges to adjudicate based upon popular opinion, versus the law.

Except, the DA was asking for 6 years, so the judge flouted reasonable sentencing guidelines, even when taking into account any leniency for Turner's "intoxication, character and personal losses".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ck-Turner-recalled-California-goes-polls.html

15. darkcurry

For them to really think that was a victory is disturbing knowing that The Rapist Brock Turner got off on this case.

16. darkcurry

Woman Claims Jamie Foxx Hit Her with Penis in 2002, He's Fighting Back Legally

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/13/jamie-foxx-accused-penis-slap-las-vegas-police-report/
    [​IMG]

Jamie Foxx is being accused of slapping a woman with his penis nearly 16 years ago, and although she's now gone to police ... Foxx says it's an "absurd" lie, and he's going after her, legally ... TMZ has learned.

The alleged assault happened in Las Vegas back in 2002. According to law enforcement, the accuser told cops last week she and a friend were attending a party at Jamie's place when he tried to get her to perform oral sex. She claims when she refused, Jamie struck her in the face with his penis.

The accuser tells us ... after the alleged assault, one of Jamie's friends told her she had to get out of the house. She claims she went to a hospital the next day when she got back home to L.A. to get treatment for a severe panic attack.

Law enforcement sources tell us Vegas PD lists the case as an open investigation. However, the statute of limitations has long since run -- it's 3 years in Nevada.

Jamie's attorney, Allison Hart of Lavely & Singer, tells TMZ ... "Jamie emphatically denies that this incident ever occurred, and he will be filing a report with the Las Vegas Police Department against the woman for filing a false police report against him. The first time [Jamie] became aware of this woman's absurd claims about an incident that supposedly occurred 16 years ago was when TMZ contacted his representatives [Tuesday] about this story."

Hart adds, "The alleged incident was not reported to law enforcement in 2002, or at any other time in the last 16 years until last Friday because the incident never happened."

The accuser says the #MeToo movement inspired her to finally file the police report. She also claims she wanted the alleged incident recorded in case other accusers come forward.

I hope Jamie Foxx makes an example out of her with this RIDICULOUS accusation(both metaphorically and literally.), but knowing the justice system and the inspiration of metoo with this whole "just believe women" slogan that opened it up for liars they just might get him.
    The only thing that is probably going to stop Breana Harmon From recanting her story about how she lied that 3 black men raped her is the fact that she basically got a slap on the wrist.

17. darkcurry

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Barring double jeopardy, within limits of the law, it is indeed a victory.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm trying to visualize how this possibly went down.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's scary to think there are so many crazy people out here willing to destroy your life over BS.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member