How Is Everyone Feeling About Liam Neeson?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by samson1701, Feb 5, 2019.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm going to actually cape for him. He felt the same way most of us feel about cops who kill black folks unnecessarily. He admitted to it on his own and without provocation. He's said he's grown since then and now realizes he was wrong.

I'm okay with his apology. He's still cool in my eyes.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Because he came out on his own and admitted to his past racism, and apologized, I can cut him a little slack. That being said, its not surprising, everyone has some degree of racism in them, i do look at him a little different now, might enjoy his films a little less, lol.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I remember an interview where he also believed racial profiling was okay. And when did he apologized? All I heard from him was he felt ashamed. It's a toughy because what if he would've followed through?

People are SO quick to condemn BUT people are also so quick to forgive. We don't know him like that. I'm giving it time. That's really the only rational thing we can do. That is what I will do.

The most disturbing about this to me is the hypocrisy of the media and celebrities that jumped all over Kevin Hart for homophobic jokes he made years ago and regretted it and don't think like that anymore... and apologized, but Liam Neeson SERIOUSLY thought about killing a random black man and they're are either silent or rushing to his defense. Which proves just how much hollywood LOVES the gay community and the jewish community and how very little they love the black community.

And the other disturbing thing this is dangerous to okay such thinking this is not going to help in the fight against racism by giving it the okay because others would've felt the same way. It's letting people know it's okay to think like that as long as you don't follow through.

Also he said a woman was raped here let's not forget about that.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Don't care & have been ignoring this controversy.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I understand the rage he felt after his friend got raped, but the racism he admitted to is the same kind of racism that was responsible for the epidemic of lynchings of black men in America. Wanting to take deadly revenge on any random member of a race is as racist as a person can get.

So, As @Loki said above, I'm going to look at him a little different from now on.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly why I say bring back the Roman Colosseum as an American version. Better for them to legally challenge someone than to hurt an innocent person just minding their own business. He actually was out with a stick hoping to run into someone he can attack. This denial of the shadow archetype is unhealthy. Let those who want embrace it, agree to a duel and handle their business like men so they can quit hurting innocent people.

People usually end up choosing a soft target like cowards. Instead, agree to a duel like men, agree to a weapon of choice and have at it. This should be a fundamental right. Get rid of laws that suppress human nature. Two men should have the right to agree to anything that doesn't hurt anyone else.

As for Liam, I think he should get what he wants. Plenty of blackmen would agree to a duel with him, especially after what he said. Let people pay to watch in person and on tv.

Anyway I know this isn't going to happen. This society will continue to promote "metro sexuals" while blood thirsty dudes keep targeting innocent people that don't want to fight.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Excellent point about Hollywood and gay people but let's be clear Hollywood hates black men not black people. Beyonce is a queen I can't think of a Hollywood darling that was a black man outside of Obama and most of that love was for his "strong black woman" wife. The only use they have for black men is sacrifices and symbols for causes that are usually lead by black women. Outside of Shaun King who spends 90 percent of his time bowing to the alter of black womanhood I can't think of a black male with a true platform that's heard on race issues.
    As far Neeson I'm personally done with his stuff. I wasn't that big of a fan to begin with, but I won't watch any of his stuff anymore. He'll be fine, his white fan base won't care about this and that's his money maker.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

What's funny is I *just* watched "Non-Stop" the day before all this stuff jumped off

I question a) the timing of his confession (Black History Month) and b) why he needed to share in the first place other than it's the Trump era and Whitey's coming clean with his racism. I mean what's to be gained by it?

Agree with @The Dark King that his white fanbase can carry him now, but honestly I've never paid to see any of his headlining movies in a theatre anyway (He was in Batman Begins and Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, but he was not the star)

Wonder what Viola thinks of her on-screen lover now. She said there needs to be more love scenes with white men lol

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I enjoyed his flicks and he apologized. Just wished he thinks before he speaks.

10. The Dark King

Did she really? Smh hope her black husband is cool with that

11. RicardoCooper

Yup she was doing press for "Widows" and said that. I'd post the link but my post might disappear

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

13. RicardoCooper

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

If posting factual data gets my post deleted, then we have bigger problems at hand. It pertains to the Liam neeson thing, so all is fine. And that confession was waaay out of left field. I have no idea where that came from.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Do WM want to kiss more BW in movies? If they did I'm pretty sure they would, being that they actually run the show. lol

16. The Dark King

What I find interesting is she totally tone deaf. For one black women with white guys is huge on screen its probably the dominate interracial pairing. Hell even the show she stars in she has a white husband (or did I stopped watching after 4 or 5 episodes in season 1). So to her question who will write it? Ava or Shonda who write that scenario all the time and its celebrated to high heaven ie Scandal and A Wrinkle in Time. Who will pay for it? Apparently Disney and ABC. Who will watch it? Apparently all types of women and gay men. She is a good example of woman who can't take the win and be happy there is literally never anything that can be enough short of a time machine or alternate reality where they never felt one second of discomfort or self doubt.

17. The Dark King

Apparently they do its the most popular non white on white pairing even more so than mono racial pairings of other races. A Wrinkle in Time, The Flash, Scandal, How To Get Away with Murder, The Walking Dead, Legends of Tomorrow, Suits (which resulted in their favorite "black woman" marrying a real life Prince.
    I honestly wish more of them of them would find the white men of their dreams, but even then they would never be happy.

18. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

He'll be aight. Black folks not supporting him won't hurt him. Honestly in this climate he probably should've just kept it to himself his point will go over some heads.

19. RicardoCooper

He probably boosted his cred with his white audience. Remember when Mel Gibson went all anti-semitic and that tape came out where he told his ex-wife that if she kept dressing provocatively she'd get "raped by a pack of ni***rs" his cred shot up with middle-aged white men lol

20. RicardoCooper

Denzel bent over backwards to put her in "Fences." Sad