How Is Everyone Feeling About Liam Neeson?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by samson1701, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Yea deep down inside a lot of these bw actress heroes will do it and the black women will go to the movies in droves. Meanwhile if Idris get a big movies with a ww all kinda controversy will get sparked SMH.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh shit good point forgot about that. Makes me think about what some of the black mgtow guys say. Black women do not want black men they are in competition with us and Ms Anne. They desperately want Ms Anne's position as masta's wife. Interesting a black woman married to a black man doesn't want more films with black love in it. And even more interesting that no one called her out on it.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Idris is still getting away with making love to white women on screen. I think Interracial In Hollywood and America has changed and even some of these pro-black people are down with it so he'll be alright. The coast should be cleared for MBJ as well. lol!!

4. darkcurry

Good points. I did meant black men, but if were being real the white feminist don't really care about black women either they're just using them to get seats at the table and like you said in a later post they're in competition with Ms. Anne and these white feminist KNOWS it.

5. darkcurry

Folks come harder at black men and despise black men more than other groups because nobody can actually BE a black man. White people can IDENTIFY with the gay community because they can look like them, they can play them in movies and on TV show. White people can IDENTIFY with the Jewish Community because they can look like them, hell they can BE them by switching religions mostly by marriage. White women can IDENTIFY with black women when it comes female empowerment and sexism because they're the same gender. NOBODY can identify with a black man because they can't look like them and they can't be them. So they're unable to have empathy for black men because unfortunately these humans now days will only have empathy for another group if they can identify with them.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So she's just being typical and complaining for no reason? Lol.

I'm shocked!

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

These are people who want things to be different for them and them alone. It has nothing to do with WOC or black women because as I pointed out the representation is there, it exists and it exists in greater numbers than any other pairing with the exception of white women with white men. Yet no one else complains a tenth as much, outside of this forum I NEVER hear black men complain openly about the type of women they can be with on screen. Asians don't complain, Hispanics don't complain but Viola Davises of the world are loud af about it even when they are getting what they want.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I can't put a face to her name honestly

I'm practically guessing who she is right now. lol

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Black folk always want White people to change and stop being racist, yet when they do those same White people catch hell.lol

On a gut level I relate to where Liam is coming from. Most men do. But at the same time I'm glad he supposedly got past that gut level tribal type of 'hatred for the other' and realized he couldn't blame ALL Black men because ONE of them raped his female friend.
    Sometimes White people unlearn racism just through the course of living life. This shit happened 40 years ago anyway.

We allow White people to be ex-skinheads, ex-neo-Nazis and ex-KKK and assume they can change. I assume Liam is not the man he was in his 20s.

But like others have said, in this media climate, Liam either should have kept the story to himself, or omitted the 'Black' part.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Initially, I was thinking a bit street along the lines of... If you want one of us... You know where we are... come and get some.

I do understand the rage one would have, but I have to I think he (at least at the time) was quite racist. Again, I get the anger, but this dude upon learning that it was a black man had thoughts of being a vigilante and avenging the rape of his friend on some black man. So, I ask... What would be his thoughts if it were a white man, or asian man.

I commend him for bringing this out on his own, but in my opinion it's just another example of the systemic racism in society.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Most definitely!!!

I don't see a problem. He grown, we grown. If he feels that violence can solve his issue then........ok! I much rather he get his chance than randomly attacking someone that's drunk while walking out of a bar, or snapping on someone in the form of road rage. Let's face it. The movie taken was entertaining. Seeing if he has what it takes irl would be also.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

He wasn't looking to fight, he wanted to literally kill someone. Dude brought a club with him and everything.

He wouldn't have squared up with you, He would have been one of those dudes you accidentally bump into on your way out of the bar and while you back is turned he clocks you over the head, and before you realize what happened you are being beaten into a coma.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In a real fight, only one person walks away, so that would be his chance right there. If given the opportunity for a real fight he may take it. If not him many others would. The good thing about it is, less violent people will be left in our society.

If i get attacked I hope it's the meanest blood thirsty dude out there. If me being black makes him hate me more then good.

You can tell Liam I was the one that did it if it helps.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Ok, if you're down for a scrap that's your choice, but a dude with murderous intentions isn't necessarily going to pick a brotha who is down to fight to be his victim, and I'm fairly certain the family of the random black man he would have killed wouldn't give a shit about taking one more violent person off the street, they'd probably prefer to have their loved one back.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Interview is at bottom...

Article:
    "Liam Neeson was interviewed on Good Morning America, following backlash over a previous interview.

On the show, he tried once again to explain the events which transpired after a close friend admitted that she'd been raped by a Black man.

"She said he was a black man, I thought 'OK'," he said.

"Then after that I went out deliberately into black areas of the city looking to be set upon so I could unleash physical violence and I did it maybe four or five times until I caught myself on and it really shocked me, this primal urge I had."

He then attempted to defend himself.

"We all pretend we’re all politically correct,” he continued. “In this country, and same in my own, sometimes you scratch the surface and discover this racism and bigotry, and it’s there.

“I remember shooting Schindler’s List, and hearing remarks from drivers who were taking us to the set, thinking to myself, ‘Am I hearing this right, this guy is making anti-Jewish comments to me, a guy playing Schindler?’ Sometimes we’d see swastikas on walls painted by people who knew we were going to the set.”

Speaking with The Independent, Neeson had made the following comments which started all of the backlash:

"My immediate reaction was. I asked, did she know who it was? No. What color were they? She said it was a black person.

Neeson then claimed that he "went up and down areas" with a baton "hoping I’d be approached by somebody."

"I’m ashamed to say that – and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [makes air quotes with his fingers] ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could," – he paused again – "kill him."

GMA host Robins Roberts asked him if he 'understood the pain of a black person' hearing his words.

He replied: 'Absolutely, you're absolutely right. And at the time, even though this was nearly 40 years ago, I didn't think about that. It was this primal hatred, I guess, that really shocked me, when I eventually came down to earth and saw what I was doing, looking for a fight'.

In response to Neeson's controversy, Lionsgate decided to cancel the presser for the NY premiere of Neeson’s new film “Cold Pursuit” just hours before the premiere was scheduled to take place.'

Here is his interview...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Either way my idea wouldn't lead to more innocent people being attacked, it would be less.

If it didn't stop Liam it would stop others, so I'm sure the families of the lives it would save would in fact give a shit, if they knew it saved one of their loved ones

And far as the joker's that wouldn't be down to scrap they would keep their mouths shut for fear of being called out.

Are you making a point here? For one thing you don't know that dude. You're just making an assumption about whether he would be ok with a legal duel or not.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Another thing. If he did kill someone I'd bet at least one person in the victims family would take some kind of comfort in being able to get revenge legally.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Liam Neesom grew up in Northern Ireland during the 1960s and '70s, when Irish terrorists and fanatics were blowing shit up like it was the Middle East.
    Bars, cars, buses. Didn't matter. Just kill as many people as you could. At the time it was probably one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Liam said if he found out it was a White Irish Protestant who raped his friend, his reaction would have been the same, which I totally believe.
    The Irish Republican Army(IRA) was a Catholic terrorist organization and I don't think Liam has come totally clean about his potential involvement with that group.
    I kind of think he's beaten someone's ass before, or worse, considering he is Catholic and the place where he grew up.
    And he was an amateur boxer as a teen, so you know he's got that gear where he's comfortable settling problems with his fists.

Liam is quoted as saying, "I've known guys and girls who have been perpetrators of violence and victims. Protestants and Catholics. It's part of my DNA."

The take away I got from Liam is he learned he couldn't stereotype an entire group of people for the bad actions of one person.

I see Liam as more of a guy who really grew up kind of a 'hood dude, and less so just some racist asshole.

[​IMG]

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not assuming anything. I'm not even really talking about Liam as an individual, I'm talking about the mentality of targeting a race for the actions of an individual. I'm glad he put that behind him, but the instinct that drove him at that time was racist and it could have ended tragically.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who would lose their shit if he said he went out looking for a woman to rape, yet those same people want to say it’s overly pc when it involves the potential death of a black man.

I get wanting revenge for rape survivors as I am a rape survivor, but what i do know is it is a trauma that can take years to learn to manage while many never do. Death is not a trauma you can manage because you aren’t alive to manage it. Having dealt with a lot of death/killing in the name of our country’s “interests”, I consider myself a bit of an authority on it.

What he did was racist, and the fact that he thought he could say something like this and everyone should be “understanding” means that, at a minimum, there is enough racism left in him to be so out of touch. The only people truly defending this guy are simply stating that two words make them not care... black and man. It would be different if he was looking for the actual rapist, but his whole “any black man will do” mentality puts him in line with every other white supremacist out there. He didn’t “think about it”, he went out with a crowbar intent on doing it.

And the excuse of “I grew up in violence” doesn’t work here. There are brothas growing up in violence as we speak, and they aren’t given any slack when they do wrong.

I agree with you thump, nice post.