How Is Everyone Feeling About Liam Neeson?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by samson1701, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You said HE wouldn't have squared up, HE, carried a club. I responded to that and I said there are plenty of OTHERS that would, which is a remark about other people with violent mentalites.

Yeah I agree it was a racist mentality. And?

I still don't see your point. I just think my idea isn't in tune with your values and you responded based on that, without substantial reason why two grown men who don't share your values shouldn't be able to handle their business in the method of their choosing.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Bro, I have no problem with two adults engaging in mutual combat. I just don't believe that is what he was looking for. And even if it was wouldn't you find it weird if someone approached you to fight because he was mad at another person who just happened to share your skin color?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You still expect rational behavior from people? lol.

You've never had a person pick a fight with you before? They don't say why, they just start flapping at the mouth, then one thing leads to a other. A racist person may just call you a "n#####. At that point they just told you why they want to fight.

If it was legal. I'd just make the suggestion of a duel at that point and save the city some unnecessary police and trial work.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Interesting view, AB.

Do you think more people become products of their societies/environments in how they think and view others, or more think independently from it?

BTW, he said in an interview 5 yrs ago he was a victim of racial profiling as a young Irish man, that he was always being pulled over, and also that "he - and all people - racially profile."
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6673327/Liam-Neeson-claimed-victim-racial-profiling.html

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hideous. White dudes be kissing her on camera? Yuck. Best believe I'm getting paid well if I'm kissing that.

Looks like Wesley after some hormone pills.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

LOL damn. C'mon bruh be nice

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

He was honest and probably what a lot of people don't want to admit but right. I commend him on explaining this further and kudos to Robin Roberts for tackling this without kid gloves on and was tough with him.

As I said my biggest problem with this is the way others like the media and those defending him like our boy Terry Crews when it was just last month Kevin Hart was getting HAMMERED for gay jokes that he regretted making 10 years ago.

And if we're being honest that's probably one of the biggest reasons people aren't looking pass this stunning admission from Liam.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Its a large reason why I won't

10. The Dark King

Damn fam I wouldn't say all that and her looks ain't the issue here. It's her hypocrisy on two levels. One she's a black woman married to a black man can you imagine if a black man ever dared to say the reverse and what she's saying ain't true black women are represented

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You said ain't? You picked up bad southern English from the internet?

12. The Dark King

You're rubbing off on us lol

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah. Pretty much.

Though Kevin was re-offered to host the Oscars.

'Leadership at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and ABC, the network that broadcasts the telecast, are open to Hart resuming his role as emcee if he signals that he wants the job.'

He declined though, and there will be no host this year.

Ellen, btw, got hammered for defending Kevin.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what it was like growing up in Northern Ireland in the 1970s. Just like I can't imagine what it was like growing up in the Palestinian territory in the 1980s and being willing to strap a bomb to myself and kill a bunch of innocent passengers on a bus in Tel Aviv.

Liam Neeson had no interaction with Black folk growing up. His mindset was strictly US versus THEM, for everyone. People want to focus on the race of the potential targets Liam was going after, and miss the fact no matter who it was that raped his friend, his response was probably going to be the exact same.

People don't understand the level of horrific violence taking place in Northern Ireland when Liam was growing up, all against White people, the dividing line being religion and nationality.
    The IRA slaughtered thousands of White Protestants and Catholics and it was never about race.

There's a nuance to Liam's story except people can't get beyond his skin color and that of his intended victim.

A thug Catholic kid from Northern Ireland in the 1970s would have wiped out an entire family of WHITE Protestants and not thought twice about it because of ideology.

If Liam grew up in South Africa during aparthied, then I would be inclined to think he was probably just a racist.

People are trying to make Liam's comments strictly about race and really they weren't. It was a tribal hatred of anyone he felt betrayed him, at that specific time in his life.

It's the sudden impulse towards violence that's most disturbing about Liam's comments, not the race of the man he was looking for.

For someone to say Liam deserves the same condemnation that Kevin Hart received after both men rejected their previous actions is just being vindictive.
    This incident happened 40 years ago and Liam said he's no longer that person.

After 4 decades, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We're all products of our environment, good or bad. I remember in HS being in a car with dudes from my HS football team, drunk, pulling into a gas station, and watching a teammate beat the hell out of a gas station attendant because he didn't feel like paying for shit.
    At the time I didn't stress one minute about that attack and thought it was funny.

It took a couple years later for me to realize how fucked up that night was.

I don't believe Liam didn't see ONE Black person during his personal vendetta that he couldn't have exacted his revenge upon. Something stopped him from becoming a full on vigilante, assuming his story is true.

Maybe it's different for others, but I don't know many people who walked a pure straight and narrow path their entire lives.

I can't tell you how many White people I've known growing up who said their own parents were racist to the bone and they themselves didn't really change their own views until they interacted with actual Black people.

What I'm trying to say is, people change. We accept it when former gang bangers and stick up kids reject their former way of life to pursue a different path, but somehow we put Liam Neeson a permanent racist box for having homicidal impulses when he was in his 20s.

That doesn't make sense to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's Hypocrisy. I'm sure some are absolutely being vindictive, but I fully believe it has to do with the double standard. And the hypocrisy, double standard is racial because if the celebrity is beloved and white they get protected. There are LOADS of celebs that have done racist shit that folks online have pointed out that the media are leaving alone and right after Kevin Hart they went after Kyler Murray for homophobic tweets he made when he was 14 years old. Once again going into the past of a black man after he experienced success and leaving all the racist shit celebs have done alone. If the past is the past then Kevin should still be hosting the Oscars, because he would've received support and understanding that he's grown and like he said in 2014 he don't do that anymore... but he's not, because The Media and the gay community and supporters of the gay community refused to let his PAST go. And they continued to fuck with him even after he moved on upset that his movie was number one at the box office.

It's like I said The Black (male)Community is the least respected group in America and it gets shown if you pay attention.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  16. The Dark King

It's not disrespect its pure jealousy and hatred. I say it all the time if we were so inferior people would treat us like they do Asian men because when you see something as inferior you're quick to dismiss them and move on. Black men are policed by literally everyone there isn't a single demographic including black women who don't have something to say about black men. We are some how alien to the overall human experience until they want to be entertained or need a sacrifice for a movement.

17. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Liam Neeson once said that he grew up in a Unionist majority town, where he (as a minority nationalist ) felt he was a stranger in his own town

The conflict involved paramilitary groups from both Northern Irish communities - nationalist and Unionist.
    One fighting to break the link with Britain and the other trying to maintain the link.
    A conflict which has much focus at the moment in the context of Brexit..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

An understandable human reaction to the rape of his friend.
    A moment of rage which he later got over.
    It just happened that the alleged rapist was a black man.

"We all pretend we’re all politically correct,” he continued. “In this country, and same in my own, sometimes you scratch the surface and discover this racism and bigotry, and it’s there
    So true.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Oscars allegedly still offered the hosting gig to Kevin after all the controversy and he turned them down. People came after Kevin, but he had his defenders too. It's not like his career is in jeopardy.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Great points. I agree that he should've left out the "black" parts, especially if he truly believe he's not racist. I think about my close female friends (most are BW, but some are WW, Latina and at least one asian woman) and I'd absolutely have plenty of rage in me if they had the misfortune of being a rape victim, and I'd also want to hurt the person. However, the reality is that for me to comtemplate searching for a man in the image of the rapist won't help anythng/anyone.