I don't agree with the tatics by "protesters" in Baltimore, but I fully understand it

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember when the LA riots happened for the second time since the 65 riots and it is always the same:Blacks burning and looting. For those people who was cheering for that mother who hit her son,hook her up on a better job or call her employer for a raise. It is so easy to cheer a person than helping a person.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Oh no worries, whites get called out for rioting and looting too during sports championships

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Don't worry it'll just be the blacks in the ghettos like me and whoever the hell Lippy is dating

They won't touch the uppity crypto-currency guys riding around in teslas...........yet

6. The Dark King

If you haven't guessed by now you are me and I'm you. You think I can sit comfortably in my home knowing that they'd come after you. I'm not short sighted enough to believe it would ever stop there. Unfortunately most of America is.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Your girlfriend is white....clearly you have more social status than me as a result of that

At least that's what the sociology texts say

8. The Dark King

Shit if anything that makes me more of a target. Pretty white girl and a nice car in a mostly white neighborhood. Some of these old heads must be seething especially since I'm nothing special like an actor or an athlete.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Boy if you only knew......

I told you all about the time I was on the bus, when this old white guy said he wished he still lived in the old days when we knew our place

A young white girl got into an argument with a young black chick, when he decided to console his tribe member by throwing out that gem....she agreed with him

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

it doesnt make sense to steal burritos knowing u can get shot or arrested.

do dumb stuff.....dumb stuff happens

11. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

I understand a multi-million dollar development for senior citizens that was under development was destroyed by the THUGS. I say to all future developers, you are taking a risk to put a business in black communities. Baltimore was once a bustling city with stores and business on every corner. Since 1968 after King's murder it all went down hill. Baltimore is still dying and even more after this one. The whole police force there need to walk off the job and leave the city. Let the THUGS run the city.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well the THUGS already run the police force so why not.........

13. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

I guess it's over.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If big city cops want to quit their jobs because it isn't easy like being a doorman in a high rise luxury apartment, get the FUCK OUT.

I know dozens of military vets who would take those cushy benefit jobs in a blink and do a better job in their sleep.

Too many cops nowadays are cowardly and soft.
    This young man who was killed was 5'8, 145# and several officers where intimidated by him because he was screaming for medical attention???:smt108

That's why they laid him on his back in a BPD van instead of buckling his tiny ass into a seat????

Baltimore as a growth city has been stagnant from lack of investment, but it's not a dead city.

Like D.C., more corporate investment would turn those 'hoods into urban development zones. It's not as bad as The Wire would have you believe, although they do need to get in there and bust up the gang presence that migrated there from the West Coast.

D.C. has eliminated the major street crews for the most part.

It kills me that cops don't think they should be held accountable for anything they do on the job. If you try to hold them to any professional standard, their advocates say they should quit or publicly disrespect their mayor or DA.

Quit?? They should all be FIRED.

There's still a cop on the job in NYC after choking to death a man for illegally selling single cigarettes on the corner, because an all white grand jury didn't think he did anything wrong.

From top to bottom the entire criminal justice system is broken.

And you wonder why so many young cats street hustling honestly can't tell the difference between the cops and the criminals, besides the fact that one 'gang' has tax payer funding.

15. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Baltimore has gone to shit because all of the blue collar jobs that people used to have got shipped off to other countries and nothing replaced them. MLK's death had jackshit to do with the decline of the city, and the "thugs" are the result of the environment rather than the cause.

Considering the fact that the police do absolutely nothing in those neighborhoods but sweep people up on bullshit offenses to pad their stats and get overtime pay from testifying in court, it's probably would be better if most of them found something else to do.

16. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. blakluvr69

blakluvr69 New Member

Baltimore problems

Baltimore problems are almost unresolvable because of its location and really go back generations. I suffers because its too close to two other major metropolitan areas that have more attractive histories, higher business profiles and better higher educational options. I say this as someone who grew up in Philadelphia and lived in D.C. for almost four years.

D.C. - nations capital region, so automatically, benefits from an essentially recession proof due to federal funding and private companies supported therefrom. Highest % of college graduates in the nation. UofMaryland, George Washington U, Georgetown and George Mason U. to draw new talent, not to mention the Naval Academy about 90 minutes east.

Philadelphia - home to Comcast, along with Disney, largest media company in north America, Big 5 colleges, including Ivy League Penn, to draw in new talent. Large pharmaceutical company base. Vanguard Financial Services, largest company of its kind in the U.S. Philly is home to one of two U.S. Mints and one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks. Plus Philly is cheaper than NYC which if you want to visit is only 90 miles north.

Baltimore - T. Rowe Price and Johns Hopkins U are about all that is noteworthy. Baltimore is the only big city that has lost TWO of the four major teams sports - Colts and Bullets/Wizards. They almost lost the Orioles and to attract more people to its games built a stadium downtown in the early 1990s to make it easier for residents of D.C. to the south attend.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Yeah the Emerald City lost the Colts, but they gained the Ravens.

The new mayor needs to make a serious push for new business investment and become one of those no-tax zones for a few years for interested corporations.

D.C. didn't have this rebirth the last decade until the previous mayors really went into overdrive to attract developers.

Baltimore's future is tourism, somehow, someway. But people have to be doing more than traveling there to see the Orioles.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

getting a business to come will be tuff. look at

LA after their riots