I love good looking black men!

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by KatyaBendik, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Ok, count me ignorant but not willfully so. Alot of this info, from a BM's perspective, is new to me. I simply hadn't been exposed to it until recently. I didn't even know there was a caste system among blacks until a guy I went out with shared that a gf of his was told by her grandmother not to bring home anyone "darker than a paper bag." And she said that in front of him and he was much darker than that.

I understand that you get frustrated but how are we supposed to know this stuff? I will never walk in your shoes, but I'm doing my best to be open-minded and respectful.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Thanks for being honest.

What do you think would be the response if you went to Blackvoices and started a thread called:

"I love beautiful BW"

Then proceed to post pics of

Lisa Bonet
    Halle Berry
    Paula Patton
    Beyonce
    Rihanna

??????????????

The sisters would light your ass up...and rightfully so.

THAT is the game the TS played with this thread...and she hasn't been back since.

3. velkrum

velkrum Restricted

Who or what kind of black person creates a caste system ?

did you do something wrong ??

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that's where my ignorance comes in. To me, the women you listed are black women. I'm being honest, not intentionally offensive. How SHOULD I describe them? Some of the men I went out with would categorize them as black women as well. Who's right then?

Pres Obama is described by many as the first "black" president. Is that incorrect?

5. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

Just understand that you're hearing one perspective only. I don't subscribe to a lot of what's being mentioned here. Sure, historically, some of these things happened but the plain facts are that most BW don't have a hate relationship with BM, and in fact the majority of BW marry BM.

Obviously, to each their own, but I don't and won't say negative things about BW, because first, those thoughts aren't universally applicable and it's not my experience. I've enjoyed wonderful relationships with women of all races, period.

6. swirlman07

I recognize all of those women as Black, and of course President Obama is Black. A small minority of people might try to define those people, but the overwhelming majority of people, Black and White, would refer to them as Black Americans.

7. flaminghetero

Sure but they are all bi-racial/lightskinned women....it would be like saying they are the ONLY kind of BW that are attractive.

Obama is called the first Black president because bi-racials historically are tossed on our side of the fence.

White people sure as hell don't claim bi-racials as white.

8. flaminghetero

White people decide who is Black and who is White.

It is a damn shame that we still GIVE them the power to define us.

Obama is biracial.

9. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I never said he was black, I said he was fine as hell.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Just trying to distinguish myself from the "y'all" that flame was referencing.

11. swirlman07

You can choose to parse this issue of race if that suits you, but I don't agree. I see Obama as Black. It's plainly nuts to me as I've family members who "look" like they could be of many different ethnicities and races, but we're all Black and I don't need someone to define that for me. The issue is no different for bi-racial people, IMO.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Never said you did boo :D

13. The Dark King

But why is Obama black not white since he's equally white.
    I know biracial people with skin close to being as dark as mine but they can never say they are non black? It's all based on what you look like.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that's an unfair generalization. I wonder how the people in question would define themselves? Like I said, if BM and BW have differences of opinion on the subject, how the heck do you expect white people to do any better?

And as a white person, I don't claim any more power over anything than you do. I'm a human being just as you are.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If we go by what the OP stated (what is a TS, btw??) as her first experience: ..."He was tall, fit, with mocha skin, piercing hazel eyes"..it stands to reason this is one(the?) kind of Black man she finds attractive and why she'd highlight them in her choice of pics, no?

Sure they are bi-racial, but some foreign WW not raised in the U.S (assuming she is one and not a BW troll) don't necessarily subscribe to the racial distinctions that are ever-present in this country.

16. The Dark King

This should be in the female's locker room it's clear why this thread was made.

17. swirlman07

IMO, because he self-identifies as being Black and he has features common among many Black people. You can admit that you have white ancestry while still being Black. Again, the same as with those in my own family. He married a Black woman as well, because I believe he identifies with being a Black man and I'd bet that Michelle identifies him as being a Black man as well.

I agree that to a large degree it depends on how you look, but it's not the only factor. Somalians are African, but many have very fine, "European" looking features and straight hair. It's entirely possible for a Somali woman to marry a light skinned Black man and have a child who's 100% Black, and yet look white. I've cousins with green eyes, grey eyes, hazel eyes and bone straight hair. and European features and very light skin, but both of their parents are Black.

I've a friend whose great grandfather was a white man who married a slave. He tells me about going to family picnics and the two different sides of the family, those from the brothers and sisters of the great grand father and those along his lineage. All of his lineage identify as Black, regardless of how they look. So, who you believe yourself to be is important as well.

18. flaminghetero

Black people sure as hell didn't come up with the one drop rule.

Biracial people are not considered white...they're considered Black..

19. flaminghetero

I see Obama for what he is..Black and White.

No need acting like he's not.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thank you, Swirl, for a different POV. And I agree with your comments about BW.

It's unfortunate, but I hear alot of anger in some of the posts on here, and while I sympathize, it's also frustrating to me because as long as that anger continues to fester, we can't move forward, imo. I feel like I can't help an angry person develop a different perspective if they wish to persist in that anger.