I love good looking black men!

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by KatyaBendik, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yep, I see that now. Although this section is called The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men and new people aren't as savvy as us smarties who know where to post CORRECTLY. :lol:

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fair enough

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

O'Bama

Especially when he went to Ireland and joked about his last name. They claimed him something fierce! :smt050

4. velkrum

velkrum Restricted

..yes but isn't it gratifying to see the true nature of damaged people.

5. LittleBird

LittleBird New Member

I havent read the whole thread but wanted to comment on this - the shade of 'darkness' in as far as caste goes applies to EVERY race aside from whites:
    - Asian
    - Indian
    - Black

For all of them, the darker your skin, the 'lower' you are considered amongst your own people. I can only speak from experience of having lived in Asia for 2 years, that the reason for this in their culture is that darker skin is associated with working outside in the sun, while lighter skin is associated with having a more 'upper class' occupation, an education and so on. To insult a Thai person, for instance, you would comment on how dark they are.

It's a backwards world - white folks spend so much time and money to get as tanned as they possibly can, there is no such thing as dark enough. And yet people who have coloured skin are judged for being too dark. It's ridiculous.

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Yes, awesome post! This is the truth. It exists in the world, and it makes me sick thinking about it! :vom:

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

its ok for a bm to say how much he loves a pale ww, or a ww with darker tanned skin, but not ok for a ww to specify the level of darkness in her bm

:p

8. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

As it relates to African Americans, this perspective is very much an antiquated and minority held perspective. While, modern Asians, which includes Indians, btw, this is still widely felt. But, not among the majority of African Americans.

Edit to add: I'm not sure if this has ever been a view held in African countries. As far as Whites, The Spanish, who're white, hold a lot of disdain for the Romas, the Gypsies, who're often darker skinned. Here in the states, Whites who were darker in complexion, the Italians, were held in very low regard when they first immigrated to the states. Even today, American Whites often have a lower regard for the Spanish, or Mexicans, who're also White.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  9. The Dark King

False equivalency. Kind of like weight with guys

10. swirlman07

How so, I'm just interested in how you make a distinction?

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

he's full of shit, thats how

some ww are genetically predisposed to be pale, while others can be darker or take effective means to become so

12. The Dark King

Blacks are far more sensitive about skin tone and women in general are far sensitive about weight. Whites don't have the same self image problems regarding skin tone and men don't have the self image problems regarding weight

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

unless you can account for white women in their entirety (which im sure you can not), this statement is moot speculation

14. The Dark King

Are you kidding? Cultural norms aren't hard to pick out. Especially anything that's considered the "white" plight is definitely considered the mainstream plight. Like eating disorders, Ming Lee and Tanisha aren't struggling with anorexia but Meagan is. If the skin thing was an issue trust me we'd know about it.

15. swirlman07

Well, first I don't agree at all that Blacks, in this day and age, hold skin tone in high regard at all, at least not here in the states. I realize the issue of skin bleaching in Jamaica, but that's not the case in the states since the 50's, in general.

Of course Whites don't have the same same issues about skin tone, because there's much less variability among skin tones. Besides, the issue of "whiteness" here in the states has always been associated with race as well.

As far as weight and men, I'd agree that in general men don't widely believe that weight is very important. They believe that its money and status that allow them to succeed. But, that's not the issue at hand.

The choice of skin tone is about a trait that's preferred by men or women, White women preferring men of a certain complexion and Black men preferring women of a certain complexion. In order to draw an appropriate analogy with weight, you'd have to look at it as a preferred trait as well, and the you'd find distinctions as have often been discussed on the forum.

16. velkrum

velkrum Restricted

fixed

17. The Dark King

Would you hop off my dick damn you're annoying.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I am envious of white women who tan easily and who have smooth skin. I have rather fair skin and tend to freckle (not on my face so much, but arms and chest). I hate having pale, white winter skin. It looks alot sexier intertwined with a BM's!

19. velkrum

velkrum Restricted

purely coincidental, you are worthless to me. it's the direction this thread took that I find interesting

20. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I've seen far more negative comments about BW from BM on this site.