I love good looking black men!

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by KatyaBendik, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I think you need to read this article about colorism written on March 26th of this year. Colorism has a negative impact on interracial relationships that we engage in. This person explains perfectly why some BW are upset when we prefer/date WW over them. IMO, I think this is an inherent social construct, and goes beyond the old patterns/ideologies of racism from whites against blacks. Perhaps (to an extent) the racism is also within ourselves and I think we all need to acknowledge it. Afterwards, we can use our errors to improve ourselves in the near future.

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2011/03/26/african-americans-still-victims-of-colorism/

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

some of the bm here have been downright heinous

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

i'm a freckler and an easy tanner with smooth skin...

envy me

:p

4. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

Amen, sista, lol.

5. wtarshi

yep, i've stated this before as well. the bw bashing 99.8% of the time comes from the bm on this site.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG] :lol:

7. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Not to the degree felt in the black community, but growing up as a pale blonde waspy looking girl in a predominantly Italian American town with brunette bigger framed and bigger busted peers, I took a lot of shit for both being petite and being too pale. I heard enough "Casper" jokes to last me three lifetimes. In that community, the "in" thing to be was an olive skinned, dark haired dark eyed girl.

It's a silly distinction, and black people are much more the targets of that sort of thing, but it *does* exist in the white community, it's just what "shade" is "correct" depends on the make up of that community.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How many BW are on this site?lol

I don't enjoy the BW bashing because it gets us no where but you go on almost any website geared towards bw the minute they post an interracial couple bm/ww shit hits the fan hard. The same can't be said the other way around.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

And that's because...? Here's a different answer than what I would guess you might say: because most black (and I include bi-racial) people I have encountered are fiercely proud of being black, and rightly so. Why, then, would they want to identify themselves with the very race, some of whom were/are, responsible for the persecution of blacks?

To me a bi-racial person is partially black, partially white, but I have considered them black because I thought (perhaps erroneously so) that most bi-racial people preferred to be identified as black.

10. swirlman07

Well, you're entitled to your opinion Mikey, but I don't agree that there's anything at all inherent about this subject. Perhaps, your muti-cultural background skews your beliefs, I'm not sure? Does self hate with the Black community exist, absolutely, I often believe that I see it in action on this forum. But, I don't believe that it's the source of social problems.

11. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Mental images.....:rolleyes:

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Used to be...like in the 90's. Not any more. Now its all about Idra. L/S honeys don't get the same play anymore. But they sure had a great ride when they were flavor preferred.;)

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And on the flip side, I've seen far more negative comments about BM from BW on this site, also.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Oh, I already do! You have a shiny badge and can shoot sunshine out your behind. And you tan easily and have smooth skin too? *some people have all the luck* :smt090

15. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

True. The source of those social problems is largely beyond our control and authority.

Generally (and again, I don't mean to upset the females and the males) but I believe that most females on here prefer BM with a lighter skin complexion over those who have a darker one. If I'm wrong, you can correct me.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No matter where you are in the US historically lighter is always better than darker and that's as old as the house slaves and field slaves scenario.

I've heard friends and girlfriends say they had a problem with pale skin but like everything in this country it comes back to access and equal treatment. It's doubtful(again I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) that many whites were kept from certain jobs, areas to live, and professions based on skin tone. Great book to read is Our Of My People by Lawrence Graham. Or shit watch the movie School Daze to get an understanding of what we're talking about here but there is a distinction.

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

LMAO!

18. wtarshi

black and white unrest and discussions about skin colour baffles me.

i have a friend whose mother is chinese, her father is hungarian and she and all of the people around her consider her australian.

there's never discussions about her skin tone (she's very brown) unless we are shopping and discussing items of clothing that would look amazing on her, or the shape of her eyes and we sure as hell have never had a 'discussion' on what ethnicity it is that she most feels comfortable labeling herself as.

having to discuss whether you are black or white because you have parents of both is just nuts in my opinion.

19. swirlman07

I'll give you odd on that bet my friend, any day of the week. I think that's a figment of your imagination. I certainly can't speak for any of the women, but I've seen many comments about women enjoying the contrast in body tones, alluding the men that they prefer, the majority of them darker skinned actors, the postings in the Ladies Locker Room. Again, I have to wonder how you can draw such conclusions based on my perceived reality anyway, unless your views are shaped by something that you feel about yourself.

20. wtarshi

lol...that's going into my sig :smt003