Inspiration Thread

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by The Dark King, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

A course in miracles is good too but I do have my reservations with how the secret presented the law of attraction

[YOUTUBE]WbS9jZOlQjc[/YOUTUBE]

2. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

I have to be honest and say I haven't read/seen it. It struck me immediately as I felt when I read the previous big-selling book in the same vein The Celestine Prophecy. I spent the time reading that book saying "Yeah, and?" because it was all a bit...101 for someone who grew up manipulating energy and practicing magic and healing. If it's helpful to people, that's great. Far be it from me to suggest that what's working for someone isn't working.

But too often things like this end up being misinterpreted into "If you're sick and poor it's your own fault" which I find exceedingly unhelpful ( as well as not generally true ).

3. qnet

qnet New Member

Awesome, I just downloaded that book on my Ipad.

I agree, I wouldn't say your friend attracted that accident due to negative thinking, sometimes bad things just happen. The secret does have it's critics. I just like the way it try's to make it simple for most people to understand and, practice. I have heard some of the ideas are based on quantum physics, which can be very difficult to understand.

"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho is pretty good also. It's more of a story but, applies some of the things we've been discussing. I remember watching Will Smith in a interview and he recommended it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

It's an interesting thing. I have always said magic is science, and a lot of people thought that was crap. The further along quantum physics goes, the closer to magic it appears to be. I wish I had the math skills to really understand the details of things like string theory, the 11 dimensional universe, etc, but I have a bit of a grasp on the overall theories and they fit entirely with what I know of the practice of magic.

5. The Dark King

Talk to me in two years and I might be able to help with that :-D

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

7. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

8. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Math was never my thing, but I do have a serious science oriented bit to my geeky streak. Obviously I couldnt have had the career I did without *some* familiarity with math, but I never got to the calculus stage, and I'd need way past that to really get the physics in things like cosmology.

9. The Dark King

Physics is more trig but I'm sure you can get it kid

10. qnet

qnet New Member

I like those. :)

11. The Dark King

A Great Way To Start My Morning

[YOUTUBE]WO4tIrjBDkk[/YOUTUBE]

12. The Dark King

[YOUTUBE]o8x_33vvRyM[/YOUTUBE]

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

One of the best videos I've EVER seen in my life....

[YOUTUBE]Jal4OkZtz8g[/YOUTUBE]

Watch this videos however many times you need to watch it.

It never gets old to me...

14. The Dark King

Damn LA that was real kid. Thanks for sharing.

15. The Dark King

This one always makes me get my ass up when I don't want to do shit.

[YOUTUBE]myDYE49KPlQ[/YOUTUBE]

16. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Awesome LA.....thanks...!

17. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

It's now one I will watch when I don't want to do shit too.....Thank you for sharing!

18. Athena

Athena New Member

I LOVE THIS!

19. The Dark King

I hear this and can't wait to live if that makes sense.

[YOUTUBE]9MQg8926hIA[/YOUTUBE]

20. The Dark King

RIP STEVE JOBS. YOU INSPIRED A GENERATION

[YOUTUBE]GEPhLqwKo6g[/YOUTUBE]