Interracial dating in tv programming for kids...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by sunstorm, Oct 9, 2005.

1. sunstorm

sunstorm New Member

I've noticed that in programs for kids (e.g. "Saved by the Bell" kinda shows, and cartoons, especially), when a black boy asks out a girl or has a crush on a girl, it's more often than not a white girl...

I don't watch cartoons or programs for kids much, so perhaps it's just a coincidence that I channel surf at the right time to see this... ?

Come to think of it, when a black girl has a crush, it's very often "interracial", too...

Anyone else notice this?

2. Iffy'swifey

Iffy'swifey New Member

Not being a big fan of Saved By The Bell, I really wouldn't know! But a lot of the kids tv here, or any show featuring kids will have a bit of IR in it. I suppose that's partly out of political correctness and reflecting the UK's highest mixed race babies stats.

3. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

You mean in shows like Justice League and Teen Titans? I've seen it on those shows too.

4. PeyBackTime8818

PeyBackTime8818 New Member

I dunno if this qualifies as "TV for kids" but I can remember some TV shows ive watched that made me feel comfortable to approach white girls. There was an old WB show called "Popular" that featured a black guy and a white girl and everyone always stared at them and made them uncomfortable. There is a new show on now called South of Nowhere. it is on a tv channel called "The N" (sort of a nickelodeon for teens i guess), and it is VERY controversial. They have black guys and white girls gettin it on and drinking and weed smoking and lesbian kissing and it deals with serious issues such as divorce, drug addiction, abuse, rape, drinking problems, and other stuff. its a good show, race relations. I wish there were more shows like these. Lets teens today know that IR dating is ok. I cant tell you all how HAPPY i feel whenever i see an IR couple out in the street.