BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Greeks are considered to be Caucasians. Hate to break it to ya. :)

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

My experience is that American black folks tend to think every ethnic-looking white gal and every non-black female of color with dark skin tones is actually black or partially black. Thus is what happens when a good chunk of black women seen on TV and film over the decades tend to have the type of skin color and/or hair texture that aren't normally associated with black people. A recent example of blacks mistaking someone for being "one of them" is that Indian actress on "The New Girl". They are conditioned to believe someone like her is black because most black female stars have that same type of slender nose, long straight hair and mocha skin color.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I know Greeks are Caucasian but they tend to be off the Aryan Ideal.

Also I didnt think she was Black. Just that she wasnt what you consider Aryan White.

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Here's the trailer from YouTube:

I've always had a thing for Arielle Kebbel.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Damn network TV getting more and more Satanic. Vampires, witches, pagan fairy tale monsters, brain-eating zombies (iZombie), Lucifer himself

SMH

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks like it will be a good summer show to watch. :)

8. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

Wasn't he the curly haired kid from Family Matters?

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Me too ever since I saw her on The Gilmore girls and Grudge 2

10. ColiBreh1

I don't know what Arielle Kebbel did, but she all of sudden became fine on HBO's "Ballers" playing the reporter chick/The Rock's GF.

Most dudes thought she was just a cute next door neighbor-looking chick at best before "Ballers".

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

True story forgot about that. Now wondering if she's open to black men.

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Yes

13. darkcurry

Interracial on tv shows you never noticed before, until you start watching re-runs. Lucy Lawless and Bobby Hosea on Xena: Warrior Princess.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Has that ever to anybody else when you start watching old shows/movies and boom an IR "sighting"(lol) pops up that you forgot about
    or hadn't noticed before.

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Definitely remembered that happening on Xena but he was eventually killed off afterwards.

15. darkcurry

Ellen Degeneres new NBC show "First Dates" teases a IR couple (0:34 mark)

16. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

17. darkcurry

18. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

exact quote..."Adam was perfect, he had it all going on...then he talked..."

19. ColiBreh1

20. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I remember this, was pretty progressive for the time. Especially with a white female lead, the episode even points out that from all the men in her past he's the only one she was in love with. Then he dies lol but that was more because Xena had to move on and less about him being black, early on in the show Xena was hooking up with a lot of dudes.