IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah she could've turned this into a movie with how good everything here was. And one of the only mainstream pop stars at the time doing an IR in her music video.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

Jamie Foxx's 2010 hit with Drake "Fall For Your Type":

The main chick in the music video is played by model & former playboy playmate Jessica Burciaga.

4. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

I don't know if anyone has posted this here, but I found this:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

6. ColiBreh1

Country singer Kane Brown's current hit single "Thank God" featuring his wife:

7. ColiBreh1

Tyga's 2022 single (with Jhene Aiko & Pop Smoke) "Sunshine":

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  8. ColiBreh1

9. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

Swae Lee's (of the rap duo Rae Sremmurd) 2018 single "Guatemala" (featuring his brother/the other member of Rae Sremmurd Slim Jxmmi):

11. darkcurry

The Weeknd ft. Future - Double Fantasy (Official Music Video)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  12. ColiBreh1

That's such a lazy-ass music video. Not only do neither The Weeknd or Future appear in the music video, the music video consists entirely of stock footage from the show. No original footage was shot for this music video.

13. darkcurry

I took it as a promo video for the show.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Huh? The Weeknd is the guy the lead female is interacting with throughout the entire video. Hello?? That is the part he is playing. You don't see Future however because all of the moments in the video are apparent clips from the show and Future isn't in the actual show. A music video was not filmed for this song. Instead, as you have correctly guessed, they edited enough moments from the show to make a music video out of it. This has been something that has been done forever. Plenty of music videos for shows and especially films have followed the same formula. One of the inspirations for the album is Purple Rain. One of the music videos for Purple Rain was Lets Go Crazy which was nothing but compiled clips of the film. And don't get me started on the actual "video" for the song "Purple Rain."

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  15. JamalSpunky

Its a promotion for both the show and the song itself. The Weeknd is doing an entire album soundtrack for the series.

16. ColiBreh1

I probably need to go look up those 2 Prince music videos, but I've never seen a music video for a song off a movie soundtrack that used only stock footage from the film.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm late to the game on this one (probably distracted from 3 years of covid pandemic).

I know the song well from day one, just never saw the video she made (3 years ago), until yesterday.

Personally, she emits zero chemistry with him, except when lying on him on the couch and strumming guitar.
    Great optics video, though. Very nice.

18. ColiBreh1

Yeah I never could get into this Taylor Swift music video. I assume it flopped becuz I remember it came & went on the charts.

19. JamalSpunky

20. ColiBreh1

The first 2 singles from Tory Lanez's 80's-themed 2021 album "Alone at Prom", "Lady of Namek" & "'87 Stingray":