IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Welllll, lol... 'LOVER' remains one of her hits because apparently she had written this about her then boyfriend, (she just broke up with him last month) .. it also garnered 221 million hits in 3 years.
    However, for us/people who experience IR, we see that she was just mailing it in.(maybe even token placement or BLM attention since he was the first ever.)

For example, when she did the song 'STYLE's video (after dating Harry Styles), it was much more intense and just her and the guy. Just imagine if her (black) co-star was highlighted the way this guy was. (it also has a boggling 759 million views in 8 yrs).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

Found this:

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I watched this Fergie music video for the 1st time ever a couple years ago. I don't remember Fergie having a BM love interest or I would've posted it.

4. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

From Wikipedia's page about "Glamorous":

The video then returns to present day where Fergie and Ludacris are shown shooting a film called Glamorous, a throwback to Bonnie and Clyde. The couple are shown holding Thompson submachine guns while being held up by police near a canyon, apparently for stealing money. Ludacris raps his verse to Fergie telling her all the expensive things he will buy for her. Fergie and Ludacris are then shown shooting down the cops, after which the film shoot ends.

• List
  5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They play these roles with SUCH caution though. It looked like they were supposed to kiss in once scene with ludacris mean muggin at the same time for some reason(lol) and then it just cut away. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ColiBreh1

Jesse Reyez recently dropped a new single, "Jeans", with fellow star R&B singer Miguel:

She also dropped a single late last year, "Forever", with fellow R&B singer 6lack again. But they seem more platonic, but playful, in this music video:

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

She makes some pretty good music.

8. darkcurry

Colton Jones and Dani Brillhart the couple mentioned by @Shulz021 in the 'Random /one-off celebrity WW/BM IR Couples' thread. They are signing duo. Haven't seen a IR Couple Singing duo in a long time! Since like Rick James & Teena Marie.

Ni/Co - that's what you get (Official Video)

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye (Ni/Co Cover) / Official Music Video

[​IMG]
    https://www.dayton.com/entertainmen...d-new-single-released/0MXIOBLkOW8si71Jrb7baO/

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

10. ColiBreh1

Has Lana Del Ray ever been posted about in the IR celeb couples subforum? I just randomly saw an old article where she was defending herself against the woke SJW-types, who seem to really hate her, by saying "some of her best friends & past BFs have been Rappers". I was like "What?!", when I read that.

I knew she was like a weird indie Alternative Pop artist that has worked with black artists like The Weeknd & ASAP Rocky, but I've never payed enough attention to her or her music to know about her dating history.

11. darkcurry

I think it's cap... imo. She's not the only celeb I heard saying that they have dated black men before but no one knew because they either kept it under wraps or the media never followed them. Doesn't make any sense to me.

12. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I love Lana Del Rey, I've always been a fan, she's been around in the industry for a really long time and used to go by a different name. It was only when she changed to her current name that she made some traction. I wouldn't say she's weird, classic and unique, yes. Lol. I don't recall her being with any black men, just white. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. darkcurry

Ni/Co - this way (Official Video)

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

15. chamber

chamber Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

Travis Scott x Emily Ratajkowski

Travis Scott - I KNOW ? (Official Music Video)

17. darkcurry

NEW MUSIC BY THEM

Ni/Co - On Purpose (Official Music Video)

18. darkcurry

Kali Uchis, Don Toliver - Fantasy (Official Visualizer)

Kali Uchis - Tu Corazón Es Mío... /Diosa

19. ColiBreh1

Do we know if Kali Uchis' baby daddy is famous/works in the music industry?

20. darkcurry

It's the guy in the video. Don Toliver.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]