Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Or he expected too much.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That is the one.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

"I Do... Until I Don't" - Amber Heard and Wyatt Cenac play a IR couple in a open marriage(there is a sex scene between them in this as well.)

It's in select theatres now. Critics are brutal towards this movie, so go see it at your own risk. lol.

4. Soulthinker

I missed it. Hope you bring scenes when it comes to DVD.

5. darkcurry

Bella Hadid's sister GiGi's boyfriend Zayn Malik is doing the Title song for A Mountain Between Us called Dusk Till Dawn featuring Sia.

https://twitter.com/zaynmalik/status/908426103043317761

Promoting this to a Universal audience and staying away from a black audience is a good move.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"A Mountain Between Us" is supposed to be Oscar bait, so that was never an issue.

7. darkcurry

Promoting Oscar bait movies with an Interracial Love Story Universally is rare. Back in the day they use to keep IR love stories close to a black audience(but obviously that is hard to do now.). Just like A Unite Kingdom for it to be promoted universally is a step in finding that support audience for black men and white women interracial movies/shows. Hopefully they would do the same with the tv show Life Sentence.

Racist and bigots are coming out full force on this of course if you read some of the comments on it twitter page https://twitter.com/MountainBetween/status/908823628518645760

But Idris' fans, fans of the book and the reviews are steady and is growing https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/sep/14/mountain-between-us-review-toronto-film-festival-tiff

8. Soulthinker

I look forward of seeing this flick

9. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

2 Days In New York

I tried doing a search in the thread, but cant get it to work right.

This is on Netflix

Synopsis

Parisian Marion is living in New York with her son, in order to be closer to Jack, the boy's father (Marion's ex-boyfriend from 2 Days in Paris). She and her new boyfriend Mingus have a cozy relationship until the arrival of Marion's father, sister and sister's boyfriend, on vacation from France. The group's two days together are tested by "unwitting racism and sexual frankness", with no one left unscathed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Short sci-fi film with an interracial couple in it

11. darkcurry

Pretty good, would have liked to see a little more info on that process though.

12. darkcurry

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Is there a way we can keep separate IR in films and TV? I mean even if a movie shows up on Netflix I still don't consider it to be television.

14. ColiBreh1

There is the dedicated thread for IR in movies: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/ir-flicks-or-films-with-ir-in-them.6793/

15. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought about that before posting it.

The reality is that TV and Internet streaming is morphing together.

With the recent Emmy awards, if you noticed a lot of awards went to shows on internet streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.

They are slowing gaining a dominance nowadays similiar to how cable was dominating in the last decade.

It is coming to the point where the two threads might have to be merged.

16. ColiBreh1

LOL, you're making it more complicated/confusing than it needs to be. This thread is specfically for TV shows, the other thread is for movies.

17. Soulthinker

18. darkcurry

I know. I was just checking it out since my friend asked me what are the show times for "I Do...Until I Don't" because he is big Amber Heard fan.

19. Soulthinker

Hope your friend enjoys that flick. I had to wait til it get to either DVD or cable.

20. darkcurry

It's like I told him what I said on here though, the critics weren't too kind with this one. Very few good reviews, sometimes critics do get it wrong, but still pay to see it at your own risk. lol.