Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

From what I understood from the ending everyone moved on but the black man, though he was moving out seemed like he was a wounded man, suffering from romantic ptsd. He had been through this before and he felt betrayed. He wanted to save his neighbor from making the same mistake as he once did, but he couldn't because the neighbor wanted to reunite with his estranged wife. I think that the film should've had a more uplifting ending like the man changing his mind and going back to the woman. But I didn't write this movie.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I liked that film, too.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

From what you mentioned I will see it just once since there are a whole of of flick of brothers not getting happiness in IR.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is worth a look.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jessica Biel? Not even if it snows in the Sahara.

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Jessica Biel and Jamie Foxx were love interests in Valentine's Day. They had an obscured kiss at the end of the film, which, as a film choice, tips its hat to your point, but she did have a black love interest.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

How obscure was it? Like in a way where they didn't want to show it, just show the back of their heads like in the movie The Brothers with Bill Bellamy? Or the silhouette kiss like they tend to do at times as well.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I saw that film years ago. I didn't even remember that.

9. darkcurry

Which film?

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"Valentine's Day".

11. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

It was shown on a production monitor. Jamie Foxx was a sports personality or weatherman or some shit.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

How long was the kiss?

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Brothers. I like the moniker "Buffy, The Negro Slayer."

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw the film 100 Streets. It was very interesting, intense, poignant and in a lot of ways, uplifting. Idris Elba was at his best. Gemma Arterton was great as Elba's estranged wife. The other stories look like the cab driver and the poetic drug dealer who gets a break are interesting and can compelling.

15. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

Amber Heard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I watched the film Patti Cake$ last night.
    The main character is a white girl (Danielle Macdonald) from a downtrodden area of New Jersey.
    She's trying to follow her dream of being a rapper whilst struggling to make ends meet and provide for her dysfunctional family.
    I loved this film & thought Danielle Macdonald was wonderful. She's seriously funny, as was the writing, and there were comedic moments & emotional ups and downs right through the film.
    She's a bigger girl, so her character was contending with issues around that too. She was portrayed in a really realistic and positive way throughout though which was wonderful, and it was so great that she got her man in the end.

I guess overall it was a bit predictable, but a very easy and fun film to watch which left me feeling great.
    It was a really heartwarming and positive portrayal of WW/BM relationships too, and I predict Danielle Macdonald will be a superstar.
    [​IMG]

17. darkcurry

It was nominated for a Spirit Award announced yesterday. Haven't seen it yet.

18. Soulthinker

Hope to get that DVD soon.

19. Soulthinker

I mentioned that movie in a past thread. It is good.

20. darkcurry

Seen this movie last week and it wasn't as bad as critics say it was, I would describe it as a moderate comedy drama about love and relationships and marriage, kind of fell flat at the end.

On the IR relationship
    They are one of those free spirited couples that USED to be in a open relationship. If your looking for IR intimacy between the characters you will be disappointed. They have a very brief sex scene with most of their clothes on, he was topless though. They had one of them non-contact type kisses at the end when he proposed to her where they just embrace and hide their face in each other's face while hugging. The only contact kiss the brotha had was when the documentary filmmaker tried to seduce him and oddly kissed him in a VERY awkward way.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List