Is being a thickgirl a race thing?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by kenny_g, Aug 21, 2005.

1. nlab

nlab New Member

I love my women with meat on there bones. Its like a NY strip steak, I love all that meat but I cut off the fat. :)

2. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

To help you understand, I am giving you some facts to explain what is overweight. Maybe you can use this data to help the women you are currently involved with keep her target weight. Your attraction to her physically will help your relationship in the long haul.

Overweight and obesity are both labels for ranges of weight that are greater than what is generally considered healthy for a given height. The terms also identify ranges of weight that have been shown to increase the likelihood of certain diseases and other health problems.

Definitions for Adults

For adults, overweight and obesity ranges are determined by using weight and height to calculate a number called the “body mass index� (BMI). BMI is used because, for most people, it correlates with their amount of body fat.

* An adult who has a BMI between 25 and 29.9 is considered overweight.
    * An adult who has a BMI of 30 or higher is considered obese.

See the following table for an example.
    Height Weight Range BMI Considered
    5’ 9� 124 lbs or less Below 18.5 Underweight
    125 lbs to 168 lbs 18.5 to 24.9 Healthy weight
    169 lbs to 202 lbs 25.0 to 29.9 Overweight
    203 lbs or more 30 or higher Obese

It is important to remember that although BMI correlates with the amount of body fat, BMI does not directly measure body fat. As a result, some people, such as athletes, may have a BMI that identifies them as overweight even though they do not have excess body fat. For more information about BMI, visit

* Body Mass Index
    * BMI Calculator

Other methods of estimating body fat and body fat distribution include measurements of skinfold thickness and waist circumference, calculation of waist-to-hip circumference ratios, and techniques such as ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

Definitions for Children and Teens

For children and teens, BMI ranges above a normal weight have different labels (at risk of overweight and overweight). Additionally, BMI ranges for children and teens are defined so that they take into account normal differences in body fat between boys and girls and differences in body fat at various ages. For more information about BMI for children and teens (also called BMI-for-age), visit BMI for Children and Teens.

Assessing Health Risks Associated with Overweight and Obesity

BMI is just one indicator of potential health risks associated with being overweight or obese. For assessing someone’s likelihood of developing overweight- or obesity-related diseases, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute guidelines recommend looking at two other predictors:

* The individual’s waist circumference (because abdominal fat is a predictor of risk for obesity-related diseases).
    * Other risk factors the individual has for diseases and conditions associated with obesity (for example, high blood pressure or physical inactivity).

For more information about the assessment of health risk for developing overweight- and obesity-related diseases, visit the following Web pages from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute:

* Assessing Your Risk
    * Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults

You have knowledge now, do not be so ignorant. Overweight, is overweight, is overweight. NO MATTER HOW YOU TAG IT WITH FANCY PHRASES! THICK=OVERWEIGHT POINT BLANK!

3. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Determining Your Body Mass Index (BMI)

To get an better understanding of weight proportion; the table below has already done the math and metric conversions. To use the table, find the appropriate height in the left-hand column. Move across the row to the given weight. The number at the top of the column is the BMI for that height and weight. Or, use our BMI calculator.
    Height and weight chart for women.
    HEIGHT SMALL FRAME MEDIUM FRAME LARGE FRAME
    4'10 102 - 111 109 - 121 118 - 131
    4'11 103 - 113 111 - 123 120 - 134
    5'0 104 - 115 113 - 126 122 - 137
    5'1 106 - 118 115 - 129 125 - 140
    5'2 108 - 121 118 - 132 128 - 143
    5'3 111 - 124 121 - 135 131 - 147
    5'4 114 - 127 124 - 138 134 - 151
    5'5 117 - 130 127 - 141 137 - 155
    5'6 120 - 133 130 - 144 140 - 159
    5'7 123 - 136 133 - 147 143 - 163
    5'8 126 - 139 136 - 150 146 - 167
    5'9 129 - 142 139 - 153 149 - 170
    5'10 132 - 145 142 - 156 152 - 173
    5'11 135 - 148 145 - 159 155 - 176
    6'0 138 - 151 148 - 162 158 - 179

Height and weight chart for men.
    HEIGHT SMALL FRAME MEDIUM FRAME LARGE FRAME
    5'2 128 - 134 131 - 141 138 - 150
    5'3 130 - 136 133 - 143 140 - 153
    5'4 132 - 138 135 - 145 142 - 156
    5'5 134 - 140 137 - 148 144 - 160
    5'6 136 - 142 139 - 151 146 - 164
    5'7 138 - 145 142 - 154 149 - 168
    5'8 140 - 148 145 - 157 152 - 172
    5'9 142 - 151 148 - 160 155 - 176
    5'10 144 - 154 151 - 163 158 - 180
    5'11 146 - 157 154 - 166 161 - 184
    6'0 149 - 160 157 - 170 164 - 188
    6'1 152 - 164 160 - 174 168 - 192
    6'2 155 - 168 164 - 178 172 - 197
    6'3 158 - 172 167 - 182 176 - 202
    6'4 162 - 176 171 - 187 181 - 207

Damn, I usually do not make this much effort on explaining this to men, they usually already know it.

4. mosiah1

mosiah1 Member

If there was ever any doubt that lainarain is actually a black woman, let them be erased now. Spoken like a true sista, lainarain!

I wish I had a dime for every white male comedian who starts off his skit by saying: "I want to thank all you black men for dating fat, ugly white women and taking them off our hands." This introduction is usually followed by a rowdy round of applause from some of the WM and BM in the audience. Some might say that what the comedian is saying is true, but the applause is usually thinly veiled disapproval of BM/WW relationships.

Who are we to judge people for their choices of mates? If that person chooses to date a malnourished waif or a fat tub of lard, it's that person's preference and theirs only. What if that BM were dating an overweight BW? Would people be as critical of him then as they would have been if he was with an obese WW? I've heard others criticize BM for dating so-called flat butt WW and others heckle BM for dating heavy set WW. And if a BM happens to date a shapely, gorgeous WW, then he's accused of being a sellout. If you are a BM dating a WW, you're damned no matter what you do.

Personally, I prefer slim (not starving) to athletically built WW. My fantasy WW as far as physicality would be one the type that you see working out at the local health clubs or professional cheerleaders. The reason why is because I believe in keeping my body in shape, too.

But if you're a BM dating a big WW, you should not be made to feel ashamed because of it. If anything, you should be respected for not dating women solely on outside beauty. If these BM are only dating fat WW just because they are white, the relationships wouldn't last as long as they usually do. So keep doing what you do and don't let others discourage you from being with whomever you desire.

Peace.

5. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Lenny

Wow! Are yo serious? How old are you? You can not be this naive. Let point out some flaws.

Flaw 1: That photo was taking how long ago?

Flaw 2: Since then she has put on weight for 2 movies.

Flaw 3: That is an professional shot.

Flaw 4: Professional shots ARE BRUSHED UP, it hides all the flaws on the person.

Flaw 5: Professional shots WILL MAKE YOU LOOK 10-30 lbs lighter.

Damn, should I continue? Your logic fails you. You have the Princess Complex. (Yes, I never said the Princess Complex was female only) Overweight, is overweight, is overweight! The Princess Complex is for those who do not like the or fear the truth, and you have it hard.

6. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

It has also been determine that the Body Mass Index is out of date. Otherwise professional wrestlers, basketball, football players and boxers would be considered overweight.

The chart you put up many people cannot keep their weight to the height proportions.

7. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Amen. You put it much more eloquintly than I could ever have.

8. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Alright 7seven FAT 101 is in session, I would like for you to take
    an eye test for me(not being ignorant, actually being serious) and
    answer a few questions about the comparance of beyonce and a fat girl.

[​IMG][/img]http://gfx.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/06/21/beyonce_sak.jpg

How far is beyonce away from her size?
    ranging from 10lbs. to 100lbs.

Who would you rather see naked?

In your own words please tell me
    and point the similarities they have?

9. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

[​IMG]

Here is beyonce in case you forgot what she look like

10. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Another man with an Princess Complex.

Are athletes and other people with a lot of muscle considered to be overweight when their BMI is over 25?

According to the weight categories, which is used by health care provider everwhere, in every part of the world, any person with a BMI over 25 would be classified as overweight. This may not mean they have excess fat. Such categories are based on scientific findings that the risk for disease increases as BMI increases.

Most studies have examined the relationship between BMI and risk of disease. Therefore they not know whether two people with the same BMI but different amounts of fat have different risks for disease.

It is important to remember that weight is only one factor related to disease. If you have questions or concerns about the appropriateness of your weight, please discuss them with your health care provider.

Overweight, is overweight, is overweight. It will always have negative effects on your body.

11. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Again, YOU refuse to acknowledge THE FACTS. I never said Beyonce was fat. I never said she was overweight; but, I REPEAT, I REPEAT, I REPEAT for the 1 millionth time, I did say she is heading in that direction to overweight. UNDERSTAND?

I do not meet many men with the Princess Complex.

12. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

13. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

You still said she is on the borderline I would really like you to compare
    those pictures and take your time and think where she really is.

14. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Like I said previously, professional photos are deceiving, and those shots were done almost 3 years ago if I am not mistaken. That was back during the time when i first moved to the States.

Yes, she is borderline if you were to see her today. How old is she? I think she is somewhere between 23-25, and she is already at her target weight. Most women do not hit their target weight until the ages of 27-33. This is some real shyte I am dropping, I should charge for this info.

15. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

If you were to tell the women that you are with about this info; and if she was open minded, she may actually appreciate you for it, and try to keep at her target weight. Just put in the effort with her.

16. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Well GAT DAMN seven muthaf*ckas got to eat....My wife ass sticks out,
    should I be worried?(don't answer that) I don't care about your inaccuracy, probably made up
    or you just buying into lies. Thick is the name you give to someone who
    got it all in the right places that was my point to begin with. Dude diss that
    girl for being fat, but shorty had it all in the right places.
    People need meat on their bones. Even calista flockhart has meat on her bones.

I didn't want to say this but me........I RATHER SMACK AN ASS THAN SMACK A BONE!

And by the way their are alot of big people out their that are "overweight"
    with the age range of fifty to sixty and one of them is my uncle but you
    know the way he played ball with me the other day not only did'nt show his age but didn't show his weight......All and all it is about being healthy...
    Health does not have a weight to it. If that was the case athletes would mirror hollywood in being skinny asses.

17. 7Seven

7Seven New Member

Tell me Kenny, what do "healthy" athletes die from when age sets in? Heart disease, strokes just to name a few. Yes you are right the majority of the people in this world is overweight, and they do not even know it; because, they do not know what overweight is. JUST LIKE YOU! This is all indeed FACT, nothing made up about it, believe me. Do the research yourself. Make sure your beautiful wife is taking care of, your attraction to her depends on it.

P.S. Calista Flockheart is not that attractive to begin with.

18. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

7SEVEN WOULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THE DAMN TEST........You know what
    here

[​IMG]

Jully 29 2005........Now please compare her fatness with the big girl I put on here. Take the test man please.

here is the shortcut: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...g?path=pgallery&path_key=Knowles,%20Beyonc%E9

19. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

"P.S. Calista Flockheart is not that attractive to begin with."

There you go with that judgmental stuff again....her atttraction
    wasn't even the point....That comment was shallow man. Come on
    now 7seven, you know I didn't say anything about her being cute.

20. Lexington

Lexington New Member

Yes, it does make one wonder when standards change depending on race. Also, this very same mentality is found more in black men living outside the States. I agree with flygirl about higher numbers of overweight people in Europe...I've seen it myself.