'I've seen alot of d**k pics' :Twitter leaks they read PM's

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Revealed: How Twitter employees are paid to read your PRIVATE messages

A video released by investigative journalist group Project Veritas shows Twitter employees expose top-secret details about their jobs.

Senior Network Security Engineer Clay Haynes is heard in the footage captured January 6 speaking openly about how he is paid to access and analyze users' personal information - which includes browsing through hundreds of obscene pictures and messages.

[​IMG]

'There's teams dedicated to it. I mean, we're talking, we're talking three or four… at least, three or four hundred people… Yes, they're paid to look at d**k pics,' Haynes revealed in the shocking video.

"I (personally) get to look at all of the reported tweets. Which means I have seen alot of d*ck pics. It's ridiculous...
    I mean... it's like a level... I don't want to say it freaks me out, but it disturbs me,'
    he added.

Haynes also said in response to the reporter's question that he even has to power to leak sensitive information if need be.

'It's a genie out of the bottle kind of thing after that point. Sure, I can fire them, heck, I could probably even sue them in some cases,' Haynes said.

[​IMG]
    They also sell your private conversations...

Direct Messaging Engineer Pranay Singh said everything they ever sent on Twitter is stored on his server - and will never go away.

'All of your illegitimate wives and all the girls you've been f**king around with, they are on my sever now,' said Singh.

They never go away, they are always on there. Even after you send them, people are analyzing them to see what you're interested in, to see what you're talking about, and they sell that data to advertisers.'

Former software engineer Conrado Miranda added: 'You leak way more information than you think.

''We have information from people... like, if you go to Twitter for the first time, we have information about you.'

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Link to this article?

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

And???

Whenever a social media company allows you to use their platform for 'free', it generally means you are the product being sold.

Same thing with FB, YT, Instagram, snapchat and Google. It's all about direct marketing.

I don't know why anyone assumes their private information is being protected on the interwebz.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is your private PM's though. Not your Tweets.
    And he said he has the power to arbitrarily expose you, sue you or get you fired if he feels like it, based on your private convos.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's not how I read his quote.
    'It's a genie out of the bottle kind of thing after that point. Sure, I can fire them, heck, I could probably even sue them in some cases,' Haynes said.

That's what's wrong with these right wing investigative journalistic hit pieces, they cut and paste the audio to form an opinion that oftentimes doesn't make sense.

What does it mean when he says, "Sure, I can fire them," ??? That's strange phrasing if he's talking about a random Twitter user.
    It definitely doesn't mean the same thing as ,"I can get them fired."

I bet Haynes was talking about something entirely different but projectveritas tried to twist it into meaning something else.