Jewish WW Are Less Likely To Be W/ BM Than Non-Jewish WW

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by LA, Mar 9, 2008.

1. AngelofMusic

AngelofMusic New Member

:O

:smt017 Yeah they refer to themselves as Hebrew, Jewish-American, or Semitic....My co-worker from New York told me the other day that his younger brother struggled with this for a while and his parents fought hard to get him to see himself as being separate from whites.

This topic actually stirred me up to look over the table of nations again and I just don't see how the term "white or caucasian" could be ascribed to the Jewish people especially a group like the Hasidim...If Jews are white then Arabs are half-white :smt103 My best friends are Palestinian and I thought it was very strange that they associate themselves with being white too...what the hell is going on????? Well I'll agree with whatever my Jewish brothers & sisters wanna be called so I'm off to find a Jewish WW ha ha ha ha!! Thanks!

2. romeo41

romeo41 New Member

Jewish WW Are Less Likely To Be W/ BM Than Non-Jewish WW Reply to Thread

I have dated a Jewish girl 10 years ago. She was from Israel. We really dug each other. I sensed that she was conflicted and cheated on me. Plus she was feeling pressure from her parents. We eventually broke up. I would love to date another Jewish girl again.

3. Neostumptowner

Neostumptowner New Member

awesome!!!

4. Neostumptowner

Neostumptowner New Member

date a messianic jewish woman, whats wrong with that? it will never happen if you dont make it happen

5. AngelofMusic

AngelofMusic New Member

I know right?!

Thanks Neostumptowner! I know it seems like a simple thing but sadly even among the Messianic community these racial and ethnic boundaries still exist which really SUCKS! But I am trying and you're right...it will never happen if I don't make it happen!

6. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

There is racism in the Jewish community. Just look at how Israel treats the black Jews. Jewish people like to think of themselves as white.Even after whites tried to exterminate them on several occasions and kick them out of every country.And when they were being blocked out of other institutions they were allowed into HBCU. Battered wife syndrome,maybe?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  7. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

But they are white, Judaism is a religion not an ethnicity.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My late older brother once dated a Jewish girl. Things between them were good until her father stepped and politely requested that he convert to Judaism. He had to do that if he wanted to continue to date the girl. The relationship ended. I have met a lot of Jewish women, but no romance(the story of my life). I knew at least one who did date a black man.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Lenny Kravitz's mother was actress Roxie Roker who played Helen Willis on the sitcom The Jeffersons. Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel met on the Broadway show RENT(both appeared in the film, also). They didn't like each other in the beginning. They had been together for years before they were married. Idina exposes her butt in RENT and ASk THE DUST with Colin Farrell and Salma Hayek.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If you really grow to love someone, I think you would convert. Religion is a significant part of their life, so why not celebrate it with them

11. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Exactly.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I did not know about my brother dating a Jewish girl. He dated white girls. He even dated an Italian girl. He told us all about his brief relationship with the Jewish girl. My mother was a little concerned because of the religious differences. I was about 18 then.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Lenny Kravitz's mother was actress Roxy Roker who played Helen Willis on The Jeffersons. Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel met when they were in the Broadway show RENT, which was based on Puccini's opera La Boheme(they were also in the film adaptation, as well). They didn't like each other. They had been together for years before they were married. Idina Menzel exposed her buttocks in RENT and ASK THE DUST with ColinFarrell and Salma Hayek.

14. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

depends on where you are from... in Los Angeles Jewish are cool with us. They tend to try to hard to be friends however it works out when out drinking and they put everything on their card.

I have dated/hooked up with Jewish women before, in my opinion they are in it for the fun and thrill of being with a bm and not wanting seriousness as their family may not agree.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Here in Miami, there are a lot of Jews from the conservative to the orthodox. Even some Jews For Jesus.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

jews for jesus?

sounds like the name of a CD

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There are some Jews who follow christian teachings. They are called Judeo-Christians or Jews For Jesus. These folks celebrate Christmas. I knew a woman who was a JFJ. She would say to me, "I love you in Christ." A very nice sentiment.

18. Justine

Justine New Member

LOL :smt081:smt081

19. IntoTheQCD

IntoTheQCD Member

not a jew but..

I can say my last gf was a Jew, I live in a Jew neighborhood and a good portion of my friends are jewish. I don't feel like the women are more or less likely to date a black man. But that's just here

20. qtinsouthfl

qtinsouthfl New Member

Maybe the ultra conservative or orthodox don't. But most reform Jews (the least conservative) are very liberal and non racist.