Jezzy's "White Girl" Video

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by nobledruali, May 12, 2007.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Good Vid!!!!

3. Boll Onin

Boll Onin Member

drug reference ahoy

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

5. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

Horrible just horrible I can't stand this new rap.

6. SweetGirl10

SweetGirl10 New Member

I agree 100 percent! Awful.

7. jeverage

jeverage New Member

I was told "White Girl" in the streets is code for crack or cocaine.

Peace.

8. SweetGirl10

SweetGirl10 New Member

I have heard that term too....I think it has been around for a long time. I am sure that is what the video is making reference to here. I just don't care for the video/song. Then again, I don't like alot of the music out today. Give me Dwele or Raheem Devaughn over this... :wink:

9. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

I like it just fine. :smt016

10. awia

awia New Member

There's lots of great music out there - including rap + hiphop ... this just isn't part of it. :lol: IMHO of course 8)

11. awia

awia New Member

these are new names to me, SweetGirl10, any songs you recommend I try to listen to?

12. Soulthinker

Awia I know this is out of the subject but had you been the site where Jack Johnson won the heavyweight boxing championship on Boxing Day,08? It was located on Rushcutter's Bay in Sydney.

13. awia

awia New Member

Soulthinker, being a sports atheist myself, :D I didn't even know about that.... and which '08 are you talking about? I know Rushcutters Bay (Eastern Suburbs) just east of the Sydney city so if you tell me the name of the venue I can give you some details. To hand, I can't think of a sports stadium in that area. The Sebel Hotel used to be in that area up to a few years ago, where the rich, notorious and infamous - mostly infamous rockstars, lol - used to stay when doing gigs in Sydney. Sort of like the Chelsea Hotel in New York, but not as nice a facade, and fewer murders. :lol:

14. SweetGirl10

SweetGirl10 New Member

Hi Awia,
    if you like artists like Rapheal Saadiq & D'Angelo then I think you will like these artists too.
    My Fav is"You" By Raheem Devaughn or "Guess who loves you more"

"I think I love you" by Dwele is one of my favorites but anything by him is really good...he is not well known yet but is super talented IMO
    check out ... http://www.myspace.com/dwele

May not be your style of music but I really like it...

15. Soulthinker

16. Soulthinker

If you can't get the site e-mail me when you have the chance.

17. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

While the lyrics were wack as hell, the white girl (no pun intended) at the beginning was smoking hot.

18. awia

awia New Member

(sorry to hijack the thread people..)

wowie, look at that...! :shock: :D

[​IMG]

Thanks for this soulthinker... your timing is uncanny. It was really before my time, and I never went to the Stadium myself - I think the Beatles played their back in the day - but my way older sis did as a teenager. She had a milestone birthday recently and I did a speech and was trying to remember where this venue was - I thought it was nearer to Bondi. Cool, thanks! I'll email this to her. :wink:

"Macintosh forced Johnson to enter the ring at gunpoint." Exciting stuff :D

There's a nice big park opposite where it was that sits waterside. On Boxing Day people go to watch the start of the Sydney (to Hobart) Yacht Race. Next time I'm over that way I'll try to find the plaque.

19. awia

awia New Member

I love getting new music to explore, thanks!
    I had a quick listen to some sample tracks of each, on amazon - it's very mellow, rich 'neo-soul' (?) sound - nice. I'd listen to these very late night, chill out, lights low. I prefer the tracks that have a dance beat.

Sweetgirl, you might like Hil St. Soul 'SOULidified' cd. She is a bit like Jill Scott but has her own sound. I also like a dash of Brazil with my hip hop lol, so I've been really enjoying the Sergio Mendez/Black Eyed Peas cd - it's not new but I found it 2nd hand and I love it - makes me feel I'm sitting on the beach in Sao Palo clutching a margarita, lol. And in autumn (Fall) like it is here, that's a good thing. :smt020

20. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

I have Dwele's first CD good stuff.