Josh Duggar of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting admits to molestation

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, May 22, 2015.

1. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

We've had a few incidents over here of women being raped and killed and the response from the male politicians and police has been for us females to dress appropriately and not walk around alone. Frickin disgusting response and I'm so tired of the finger being pointed at the victim

2. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

bullshit... so because a woman wears yoga pants a sports bra she deserved it?

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That's the general messed up consensus when it comes to rape. Apparently to a lot of assholes it's always the victim's fault.

Reminds me of this great quote:

[​IMG]

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Crazy shit ain't it

I for one like my eye candy/appreciating the beauty of women.....I'd hate for this to turn into the Middle east where women are covered head to toe

5. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Clothing does not apply to the Duggar daughters or other females in their religous group.

If you watch the show, the girls dress modestly/conservative wearing long skirts to their ankles or below knee skirts. Their tops are conservative showing no cleavage. Their whole outfits do not highlight the shape of their body.

They pretty much dress boring.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Well it's for their own safety, after all. What if they went out there and got themselves raped because they showed an ankle or two?

7. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

why go out to get raped when you can get raped at home...these religious groups don't fool me one bit...inbreeding, molesting, child endangerment...

8. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

I don't know the context of the specific crime or the context of the specific responses made that you're referring to. However, why does the gender of the victim(s) or the gender of the politician(s) matter?

Legitimate question, what do you feel the appropriate response to this/these crimes should be?

9. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

the part that is still baffling to me... why do certain men have to take it? I mean its out there for free or paid, no need to go about in a forceful manner...

to top it off people blame the victim because she wears revealing clothing? she could have hyperhidrosis and need to reveal more skin to counter act her condition.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Because rape/molestation is not about sex....it's violence, control (even when it doesn't necessarily appear to be violent). It's much different mentally and much more complicated than sex.

People blame the victim in all sorts of ways, not just clothing. How is a child "wanting it" ever

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I hate when people say this, if it wasn't about sex then so many people wouldn't commit these atrocious acts. Many abusers do not feel they are doing anything wrong.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's going to be a long night

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

lol

14. K

K Well-Known Member

You can hate it all you want.

What you said makes absolutely no sense. You really think because it would be about sex that's why so much of it goes on? It's because of majorly fucked up thinking. Of course most predators don't think they do anything wrong...that's because they are FUCKED up in the head and they (may) think it is really about sex and they also do all sorts of rationalizing. That doesn't mean they are right.

Rape and molestation are acts of control and violence that are acted out through sex. That doesn't mean that they always appear to be violent acts of sex. For example many pedophiles will "court" or "groom" their victims and might truly believe they are in love and having a loving relationship with the child. It's still an act of force.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

God I remember the one man who blamed a little kid for his pedophilia

16. K

K Well-Known Member

yep that's as fucked up as it gets!

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Let us not forget about another sick aspect of rape; power.

18. 4north1side2

Your not schooling anyone, sexual activity by definition is penetration. What you are talking about is force and non consent. Busting an nut is a catalyst of why these horrible acts happen over and over and over. If you don't get that, you aren't smart as you think you are.

It has been scientifcally proven in men with low testerone levels are way less likely to commit such acts because the need for sex is low which is why doctors prescribe medications to rapists and child molesters to prevent such acts which have been proven effective to preven. such acts.

Your going about the subject with an one track mind because the immense pain and anger you feel, I'm truly sorry for whatever you went thru. Do disrespect, your post came off 100% reguitated of what you read about the subject word for word, but no true research of your own.

Rape and incest has many similarities on the surface but once you start digging, you find the experiences vastly different below.

As an secondary survivor one too many times, it seems when it comes to incest, men do not feel they are doing wrong because they give there victims an choice which leads them believe it's consenting.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  19. 4north1side2

That's not impossible, I've read instances where men knew there daughters , nieces or step daughters we're attracted to them, doing everything in their power to get away from them but they continued to persue them.

Sometimes these men would wake up to find these girls performing sexual acts on them. Are we going to label these young girls fucked up monsters as well? Are the men who freeze up and become scared to say something or move for whatever reason child predators?

20. 4north1side2

After reading the details of this event, I don't think Josh is an sexual predator if it went down exactly according as said. He was just an sexually repressed teenager raised by Christian fanatics who taught him sex is evil so these young girls became unfortunate victims of his sexual curiosity.

I think people are really upset because he and his family has said some hurtful things about the gay/lesbian community while coming off pure.