Killing Of The Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jul 31, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Stupid reasons? Rhino horns is to make sure i get that big woody and i need that ivory for my grand piano i dont play.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I am disgusted by killing for sport or anything other than necessity (food, population management, etc). Africa also has many other pressing problems, impacting people, the environment and more, but I think we can focus on multiple issues at once. I do note that there is a certain subset of the population that cares more for animals than for African people, though.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Tribute to hero wildlife ranger who risks his life to protect rhinos, elephants and lions from armed poachers

[​IMG]
    Edward Ndiritu, the head of the anti-poaching unit at the Lewa Conservancy in northern Kenya,
    became the first winner of the Tusk Trust's Wildlife Ranger Award

The Duke of Cambridge has paid tribute to a Kenyan wildlife ranger in recognition of his 'extraordinary contribution' to conservation.

In a letter written to the 42-year-old ranger, He wrote:
    '"May I take the opportunity to personally congratulate you on this richly deserved award and to thank you for the extraordinary contribution you and your team at the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy have made towards both the protection of wildlife and increased security for the rural communities of northern Kenya.'

[​IMG] :freehug:

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And that's my problem where I just can't get pass this. 80% unemployment startling poverty and it takes the death of lion for the world to pay attention. I can't begin to really care about the lives of lions when the human suffering this leagues bigger

6. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

What is still wondering me is that the most people aren't aware of the complexity of the whole story.

The story is about animals and humans in Africa! This corrupt african governments can only be shooted without any bullet by a ROARING voice, by forcing big companies to take their ethical part, so that these countries have to invest in their own economy and create jobs for normal people instead of putting the money of trophy huntings into their own pockets (and finance terrorism in some cases or invest in Medellin cartell to make more money out of it), while their own people suffer. And this immense voice you only get with animals, because animal lovers you find all over the globe. It's the first time that people are united and fade out race, gender, nationalities.

We need to do something against the horrific conditions so many Africans have to experience. And now, we have a chance and so many try to destruct it. Americans and Europeans invest hundreds of Millions to find a way that people and wildlife can live together in Africa.

Africans come to Europe and we nearly don't know anymore, where to put them. If we don't do anything, we will be overrunned in the next decades and Africa will be destroyed and sold out.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

What are you guys talking about? There are people from all over the world risking their lives (in some cases) to help the needy and poor in Africa (and worldwide).

The list of individuals and organizations that are "in the trenches" (or donating to those that are) helping those that need it in Africa and elsewhere is ENDLESS.

There is only so much you can do when you're up against corrupt governments, but to imply that people don't care about Africa is extremely misleading and false.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Sometimes your worldview is extremely myopic.

We human beings are capable of multi-tasking multiple priorities.

Caring about the survival of lions is really an extension of caring about the well-being of the planet, including the quality of life of our own species.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the Chinese.
    They rise of China and increased extinction rates is in direct correlation.

Can't wait for that Chinese bubble to burst..they'll be back pulling rickshaws and eating one another...then endangered animals will have a chance to bounce back.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

True, and most of the exotic animals they covet are eaten for their alleged sexual enhancement properties.:smt021

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

It's definitely not a cut and dry issue, and this is just one of many complex reasons for the endangered status of many of these "exotic" animals.

12. flaminghetero

MUCH of the demand for rhinos....lions....tigers...and everything else endangered, is coming from that thing called China.

13. flaminghetero

That is some crazy and pathetic shit.

Like I said before...China is a massive Ponzi scheme masquerading as a Country.

When they go bust,i'll be like this :smt042

14. orejon4

With all due respect, to imply that I am implying that "people" (writ large) don't care about Africa when I clearly stated a "subset" is also extremely misleading and false.

Note also that I didn't say that the people did not care at all (in the absolute) about African people, but that they cared more for animals than African people.

This article succinctly captures my views on the subject.

This is awesome!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  15. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]watch?t=32&v=Sq_7eoCPudE[/YOUTUBE]​

16. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Are you on some mind altering substance? I initially thought you were trying to take the mickey out of people on this forum but apparently you are serious. You justify a senseless killing of a lion which was collared with a tracking device and was being used for research because the lion kills other animals. So because lions kill and are ruthless predators they should be shot to fulfill someone's wet dream? By your logic lions since lions live a brutal life and would die anyway it is ok for a human to kill it as pastime. From all indications you are mad at lions because they kill other species and can kill human beings and therefore deserve to die. Thugs in the hood are vicious killing machines since gun violence is rife so why dont they get shot by white cops since thugs will kill each other anyway and die young . You do know that ANIMALS do not have a sense of reasoning and cannot be blamed for acting on their instincts as ANIMALS dont you? :cool:

17. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Tell you this -- I wouldn't want a "thrill-killer" sticking needles in *my* mouth...

And hunting is NOT a "sport". A sport would be getting out there, making your own spear and going after the lion like that...

You and your natural faculties, vs the lion and his... That's a sport.

Luring a dumb, defenseless animal to shoot him with a high-powered rifle isn't sport, it's thrill-killing.

Furthermore, that bastard should be extradited.

18. orejon4

I agree fully.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. My natural faculties is my intelligence, my ability to create and use tools. His natural faculties make him stronger faster, and have better instincts so the only way its fair is if he has the advantage.
    People can care about many things at one time but am I the only one who feels like there is way more attention and fucks given about this animal than humans living there? Guess they aren't majestic enough.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Three days of National Media is "way more attention"?? Only in your world.