Killing Of The Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jul 31, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What does anyone know about that area and not Africa the country as most westerners see it but that actual country with their 80% unemployment and stark poverty. People dying in the most horrorific conditions but hey who cares they're only human, now lets get back to Cecil the lion that's what really matters here.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't know where you have been but there was a whole anti-apartheid movement, anti-rape movements (Sixty Minutes did a story even), there is an on going gay rights movement and anti-Mugabe's human rights violations, there was the Aids crisis help. Live Aid for Hunger that raised a billion. the Sudan crisis awareness..Boko Haram are reviled, the US president spoke out, the First lady @#bringourgirlshome Movement, Joseph Kony was the most hunts man on earth for recruiting African boys to fight..the list is long....

Yet you bitch about the majestic animals being slaughtered into extinction for (finally) getting some attention?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You do know that people can carry concern for multiple issues at the same time? The people of Africa has gotten, and rightfully so, far, far more attention and aid than the animals on the brink of extinction.

What is sad is that the argument you carry is what the far right is tooting, like somehow one outcry nullifies another. They are two separate issues and can be dealt with simultaneously. They don't take anything away from the human issues at stake in Africa

You should be upset that 2/3 rds of animals are poached by rich white people, from America and the money spent on this is not going to local bemefit

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. The Dark King

Zimbabwe genius not the country of Africa. That's like saying sixty minutes covered riots in Ferguson so tat covers what's going on in Chile.

5. The Dark King

I can't with you people tonight lol. I'm not saying it's not wrong just pointing out something I've seen.

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What have you seen?

7. The Dark King

That the death of this lion has garnered more of an emotional reaction than the death and suffering of people there.
    Just sad to me

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Continent.
    And l covered Zimbabwe AND other countries in Africa, ie Nigera, Sudan. I don't even understand your post's point, tbh

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

But that's not true.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Thats not suppose to happen

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Are you honestly doing this on purpose?

All you have to do is google List of Charities in Africa and you get pages and pages and pages and pages of charities.

There are millions of people working on a daily basis to help those in need in Africa. They have gotten national and international attention.

Stop being obtuse.

12. The Dark King

One more time Africa is not a fucking country Jesus. We're talking about Zimbabwe and I'm not talking about aide. I'm talking about genuine empathy. Genuine disgust like there is for the lion. A recognition that it's wrong for people to live that way not a slight indifference like we have for homeless people we give loose change to.

13. Bookworm616

Why do you keep saying that? Where, in this ENTIRE THREAD, has anyone said that Africa was a "country"?

Where are you getting this?

Everyone on this board is fully aware that Africa is a continent.

Aide is the same as empathy.

There are people all over the CONTINENT OF AFRICA who are helping those in need.

And if they aren't helping, they're donating to organizations who are. What do you think that is if it's not empathy for the plight of those less fortunate?

Stop being obtuse.

And stop implying that we don't know that Africa is a continent.

14. The Dark King

Then why is all of Africa being mentioned when the subject and object of this conversation takes place in Zimbabwe?
    You keep saying obtuse and I don't think that word means what you think it does lol

Aide isn't the same level of visible hurt and disgust that I've seen for this lion. How many people die there and I don't see public figures crying on camera over that.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

16. Bookworm616

More than just Zimbabwe in Africa needs help.

Live Aid for starters.

That's pretty visible.

Doctors without borders.

That's pretty visible.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hes not there though

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

She's right, because l covered Zimbabwe for you back when you asked, and you responded that l didn't. vvv

Furthermore, Kimmel is "public figures"? One man?
    She mentioned charities, but you dismissed it. You do know Charities are what people who CARE about Africans in need, donate their money to help. The very thing that you claim people don't feel on the same level as for a lion.
    Seriously, what do you want? They give their hard-earned money and you bitch it's not on the same level as tears? Yeah because your demand for tears helps Zimbabweans. SMH.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

But but but

20. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

So you think some rich white asshole is welcome to kill a Lion in Zimbabwe just because Zimbabweans have poverty and other things to worry about? This is hilarious :cool: