Killing Of The Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am aware.

If it bothers you THAT much, then stop bitching on an internet forum and circulate an online petition to get the laws changed.

But you do realize, that many of the homeless people don't actually want food - they want money.

You can't help those who won't help themselves. And you can take that to bank.

2. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I didn't read this whole thread because it irritates me that not everyone can see what a douche this thrill-killing "doctor" is... I think TDK is just being contrary...

But anyways, the argument that no one should care about the lion because people need help is foolish.

The outrage you're seeing is because.

1. Cecil was a majestic animal, an icon, a research animal and part of an endangered species
    2. Animals have no "human rights" and don't have the intellectual faculties to protect themselves, so they need to be protected by those of us who do...
    3. Heartlessness towards creatures who are most vulnerable often translates into cruelty towards humans. It's no coincidence humans are most cruel toward animals during eras and epochs (and in cultures and places) where cruelty toward human beings is also rife. People should be outraged at thrill-killing even if it's just an animal, because if not, you might be next on the menu.

People aren't as strident about human suffering around the world because ...

1. Fatigue. How long has Africa, for example, been needing help?
    2. Cynicism. People should be able to help themselves. Sure, we should help others if they need it, but eventually it becomes a tiresome obligation, because people should ultimately be able to get on their feet and help themselves.

Also consider the fact that because Cecil the lion was killed, all the cubs in his pride are likely to die at the hands (claws) of rival males. That's how lion society works.

...So this thrill-killer "sportsman" with his high-powered rifle & crossbow, bled out and killed Cecil and disrupted the pride just for fun and bragging rights. He's obviously an egotistical asshole, and if he broke any laws at all, he should extradited, convicted and gang-sodomized regularly in a dank zimbabwean prison cell.

At minimum, with the global outrage and calls for his head, now this rich, privileged bully-boy has a taste of what it feels like to be hunted.
    :smt038

3. medullaslashin

Did you really preface that statement by saying what *I* wrote is dumb?

lol

"The only way its fair is if he has the advantage"...? :smt083

Hunting is not a sport mainly because the animal didn't volunteer to participate. It's also not "sportsmanlike" to hunt a dumb animal with high-technology like a high-powered rifle (or crossbow) with scope (all of which someone else manufactured for you...).

Closest thing to sport would be to go out there bare-handed, make a spear yourself, and hunt the lion like that.

Some tribes in africa used to send their boys to kill a lion with a spear as a rite of passage into manhood. ...So don't tell me that the lion has unfair advantage. TDK, you could easily kill a lion yourself with your bare hands if you could poison him or trap him with wire, etc. etc. He's just a dumb animal. There's no sport -- no victory, no real achievement in killing a lion with a rifle.

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

The man, the myth, the legend. Medulla is back. All is right in the world. :freehug: :cool:

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

OK if you say so.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Smh.

Dude hes rite. Its not a sport/game.

If the animal could shoot back would u participate....?

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I don't participate what are you talking about?

8. medullaslashin

yep -- I try to walk away... but it just keeps pulling me back... :smt003

I also lurk from time to time. ;)

Where are those pretty baby blues?? Your avatar brightens up the place!

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I really like your contributions to this topic so far...
    The only thing I would question is your use of the word dumb for the animal... Lions are not dumb. In this situation I would use the word defenseless against Technology used by asswipes.

10. medullaslashin

Did you guys know that SA, they have farms where you can go pet and cuddle adorable lil lion cubs bred for that purpose... and then when the lions get too big and dangerous for that, the proprietors turn them over to the be shot in "canned hunts"?

... In other words, the big brave hunters pay to shoot the lions in pens, where they have nowhere to escape to...

I watched a youtube documentary about it long ago. Not sure if it's the documentary below, but anyway this documentary will tell you about canned hunts if you didn't already know...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOUFdMKTLG4[/YOUTUBE]

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Side eye

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There. Hes saying hunting is not a sport and he stated why. Thats your response.

My question is "if the animals could shoot back then would you play that sport?"

13. medullaslashin

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I think the lady in the vid below would be a perfect mate for the hunter guy...

[YOUTUBE]SNrL7hq7WVg[/YOUTUBE]

Arrested for stomping kittens to death as part of an online fetish show... (Yes, there are people who get off on that stuff -- "Crush Fetish" they call it...) :rolleyes:

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad news Christine,the dentist is still working at his craft with no punishment to his crimes.

15. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Just becauise he has money he goes on this ego trip killing wildlife.
    Not my kind of person.