Letterman and Palin

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Jun 13, 2009.

1. raocha

raocha Active Member

She takes flack because she's an idiot who has absolutely no business as a serious player on the national political scene. The left is threatened by her? Are fucking kidding me? Threatened by what exactly? She's a know nothing who has trouble forming complete sentences during her interviews. What is the left supposedly so afraid of? Her shooting at us?

The woman is a blank slate in the mold of Bush who's being propped up by the same interest groups on the right who desperately want free reign over the White House again.

Well, Obama's daughters don't have children, so that particular joke wouldn't have made any sense whatsoever if it were aimed at them.

That situation was totally incomparable, and Imus ended up with a $25 million payout and a prime slot on another major network. He took a lot of flack, but he was hardly 'ruined.'

:roll:

http://washingtonindependent.com/46858/now-sides-with-palin-attacks-letterman

:roll:

I agree that these comments were out of bound, but I think that they are relatively tame compared to how the right would have reacted if Obama or Biden had run in the general election with an unwed pregnant teenage daughter.

I really wish this mythical "far left" that you speak of actually existed as dominant political force in place of the cowards, centrists and corporatists who pass themselves off as Liberals these days.

Uhhh...yeah. I'm not even going waste my time responding to this last bit. If you're really leaving forum, good luck to you, and I hope you eventually realize that excessive exposure to right wing talk radio and Fox News can rot the brain.

Later.

2. Sneakeedyck

Sneakeedyck New Member

The far left is a myth? the same far left the wants to teach small kids about Gays in school. The same far left that would free Gitmo detainees and put us at risk. The same far left that wants to raise taxes on job creators. The same far left that want to buddy up with dictator Hugo Chavez. (Sean Penn) The same far left that will push for carbon taxes in a recession.

3. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

You are right...my apologies. :???:

4. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

No biggie. I know we don't see eye to eye on Sarah (except we both probably agree that she is a MILF).

We can agree Letterman is not a conservative (although I'll bet he has conservative roots, being raised in Indiana).

5. z

z Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Dave has been out of IN for many yrs (since late 70's?). For all pratical purposes, he is a liberal New yorker.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It is overreaction and hypocrisy. First her daughter was against abstinence now she is for it. It is a joke and Palin should suck it up.

7. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Yeah she's a MILF who's also an IDIOT:smt120 as well.:smt081

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You got that right. Has anyone seen that photo when a male supporter was looking up to her with the legs in the forground?

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I'm still trippin' off the "sluttly flight-attendant" remark.:smt042

10. z

z Well-Known Member

The "Late Show" host apologized to Sarah Palin over jokes he made about her daughters.

11. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Loved by conservatives, despised by liberals. She's my kind of gal:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. porcelainsnowbird

porcelainsnowbird Restricted

It's quite scary that anyone would remotely believe Palin should remain on the national scene. This is nothing except a contrived beef with Letterman IMO.

13. amanda 7527

amanda 7527 New Member

I believe the only reason she is still being talked about, because the left has nothing else to talk about. They cant talk how great the economy is improving, how good foriegn relations are going, how the so called stimulus is working, or how jobs are being created, because they are failing bad at all these. So they keep trying to make her look bad, in case she is a candidate. Desperate!

14. raocha

raocha Active Member

Was "the left" really talking about her before this recent fauxtrage? And is "the left" really talking about her now? A comedian made a couple of bad jokes at her expense, and she leapt at the chance to play the victim for cheap publicity. Since when does Letterman speak for Liberals en masse?

And as I've written several times, no one has to try to make her look bad. She takes care of that all by herself.

15. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

She is genuinely feared by the left. That is why she is continuously villifed by the media with not a peep out of the so-called women's groups like NOW.

She is far from finished in her political career.

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Would I be wrong if I said I just wanted to f__k her?:smt102

I still got a crush on Bristol too.:mrgreen:

17. raocha

raocha Active Member

Conservatives keep repeating this meme, but I've yet to actually hear it explained. What exactly is it that is so terrifying to "the left" about Sarah Palin? Her intellect? Her policy decisions? Her eloquent speeches? :smt042 What the hell are you people talking about? If anything, she's one of many albatrosses weighing down the Republican party.

If you'd read my response to Blacktiger, you could have saved yourself some embarrassment.

http://www.now.org/issues/media/hall-of-shame/index.php/television/letterman-palin-daughter

God, I hope not. As long as you people keep up this nonsensical pretense of her legitimately having the capacity to be a world leader, you're ensuring your party's failure in national elections.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  18. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

Youre not the only one :)

19. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

The American Idol mentality is the only thing keeping palin relevant... Ive yet to see any of her fans praise her ideas, intellect or competency only her ability to polarize her surroundings.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Wow, Sarah and Bristol Palin? Sounds familiar...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opcmQFccWK0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opcmQFccWK0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]