Lindsay Lohan Says: 'Black Guyz Love Me!'

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jun 14, 2005.

1. MistressB

MistressB New Member

Same here.

2. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

cool, I like Kurawsowa films, Kieslowski films, jim jarmusch, bertullucci, Almodovar, John Sales, to name a few

3. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

do you go to the London Film Festival, Miss and when does it take place?

I love Sundance, New York Film festival, Nantucket Film festival, and the Toronto film fest

4. MistressB

MistressB New Member

I only moved to London a few months ago, and I missed this year's festival - often go to the NFT though, and other arts cinemas in London, one of the first things I find out in any new place is where the good independent cinemas are! Enjoy Coen Bros and general dark thrillers/comedies, like David Lynch's work. Also lots of French films from different eras, as am a Francophile like you (esp what I've seen by the director of Amelie, which is my favourite film), some Spanish films and other films from around the world touching different issues which can be explored best through film, e.g. Goodbye Lenin/Lilya4ever. Then older films: Ealing comedies from Britain (very clever and funny), Marx Bros, Buster Keaton, and things like Bringing Up Baby and Some Like it Hot. I think the best film I've seen in the last few years, though, was definitely Downfall.

5. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

cool. I love Laura Linny a wonderful indie actress who played in "You can count on me" Mark Ruffalo is brilliant too. native american films too--like ones from Sherman Alexie, who is a brilliant writer

1. Buffalo 66
    2. Slums of Beverly Hills
    3. Ludovic
    4. Double Happiness
    5. The Passion of Christ
    6. SugarCane Alley
    7. Smoke Signals
    8. The gods must be crazy
    9.John Waters films
    10. Rabbit Fence

6. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

Like Water for Chocolate

Bagdad Cafe

Off the Grid

Eat, Drink Man, Woman

7. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

I loved that movie. That was when Cristina Ricci was still thick and cute. It was like that and "Opposite of Sex" within a year of each other. In each movie her boobs figured prominently.

LOL this heady talk of indie cinema and all I contribute is talking about Ricci's tits.

8. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

yeah!!

and the one--ghost world. and the canadian film, sweethereafter