Living in Stuttgart, Germany: My experiences (Pt. 1)

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by marcolorenzo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Aww Souly:smt058 Thank you! people are sooo different, you never know, who you will meet tomorrow.. never loose your hope

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You are welcome Christine,I meant it.

3. CiViC SpiKeS

CiViC SpiKeS New Member

Some of you might remember me but I also moved to Cologne (Köln) Germany back in November of 2010. I met a a girl out in the club in NYC late 2008 and by the end of 2010 I figured I would give Europe a shot and moved out here.

I can confirm that there is a big adjustment period to moving here and its very hard to integrate for the first 6 months to 1 year (your time may vary). From the food, bad weather, new language, clothes, shit being closed on Sundays and just simpleness of life. I wouldnt say its harder.. just different and needs sometime to adjust to....

The best thing to do is learn the language as soon as possible and then you will be the most comfortable. Again that is a big challenge.

Most of the black people here are Africans from Ghana and Nigeria and you really won't have contact to them. They have their own language and kind of stick together. They can see you arent African and really wont make any effort to befriend you.

Racist Problem: I previously had a problem getting into the best/fanciest nightclubs here. They prefer not to let people of color into these clubs because they think we are going to start trouble for some reason or the other. It wasnt my dress (im from NYC i know how to dress). I solved this by rolling with white guys and being the only black guy when i go out and since then I havent had problems.

About the women here:

It is 100% not the land of Milk and Honey for Black Men as they have always talked about here. I am from NYC and I see WAY more IR couples here than in NYC (I even looked when i came back to NY for vacation). However like the OP said the girls with the black guys are generally not amazing looking.

I still do however say it was an upgrade in dating options coming here. Women are ALOT more open (in Köln) to dating black men than in NYC. They wont chase after you but if you make some respectful attempts to get numbers and have decent game you can get somewhere. I have not had a problem finding women at all and overall quality has been good.

The OP is however right that the BEST looking and really hot German women are still hanging on German guys arms. I am also having trouble cracking this market as well. Africans have a bad reputation (for some reason here) and the girls shy away from dating them. You really have to make sure and walk up and talk to them and speak English. Make sure they know you are from the US and the mood changes.

I have never been to the West Coast of the US so I don't know how it is for IR out there but moving to Germany from NYC for me has been an improvement. NOT LEAPS AND BOUNDS but better and more options.

4. Soulthinker

CS,I hope you have hook-ups and friends in Germany. They would help a lot. Me? I just visit the country and love Germany. Hope you are continue to stay over there since the countries to chill like Greece and Spain are in the toilet money wise.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thank you for the post. I know a lot of guys who were stationed in Germany and had a great time there. Looking forward to part 2. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and upcoming wedding.

6. CiViC SpiKeS

CiViC SpiKeS New Member

Yeah im pretty well connected here now. So everything is running smoothly. Learning German is KEY. I cant stress this enough.. People are also very impressed when you can speak. ;)

7. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Wie lange hast Du gebraucht um Deutsch zu lernen CS?

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nice...:D Wondering on the update....still together??

BTW, riveting reading. Both posts! Very emotional perspective...

9. CiViC SpiKeS

CiViC SpiKeS New Member

8 monate oder so.. aber ich habe ein Intensiv Deutschkurs gemacht.

10. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Very impressive :smt023

11. CiViC SpiKeS

CiViC SpiKeS New Member

12. Soulthinker

True CS,to learn German is to really live and work anywhere in Germany. I saw a commerial from Rosetta Stone of a department store santa speaking German to a child who speaks that language. I understood a few words of German when the child mention something special he wants for his handy.

13. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Welcome Back My Dude!

Your 100% right on everything you said, dating sites and my personal experience reflect this. You can find nice looking women interested in Black men but you MUST identify yourself as African-American.

The best looking women in Germany are still dating White men, but that doesn't mean you can't get a piece of that. In all likelihood, if you go to Berlin the best looking women are not German they are Russian.

K-Town has some of the most average looking women I have ever seen, if you're going to one of the clubs that play Black music on a regular basis. Those clubs are frequented by the base locals as well.

I was wondering what happen to you, we lost contact about 2006-2007. Do you have Facebook, if you do my screen name is dj4monie.

I was going to return to Europe this year, but I may have switched up. Let's talk.

14. Soulthinker

I had not heard from you Dj4M. Glad you came back to the thread. As for Germany I never gave up on the women there.

15. Soulthinker

I can't find you on FB DJ4M or even your name.

16. CiViC SpiKeS

CiViC SpiKeS New Member

Yes with some game you can absolutely get a piece of that. With time here I am doing better and better. Turns out leaving NYC is finally paying off.

You can find me on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/thewineberrysti

17. Soulthinker

Sent you a message to you other inbox CS.

18. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Cultural differences and ignorance of each other for starters.

19. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

nice bump othello...we have a female poster from this city in germany here on the forum;)

20. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

just saw this thread, and yeah, i m from stuttgart. i ll take my time next days to read all that (sorry can t do now) that might get interesting.