Living on Bitcoin

Discussion in 'In the News' started by The Dark King, Feb 21, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

It was a report on cnn. Hello. Like they are going to put up all their broadcast.

What i shouldve said they gave a lively marriage with the underworld

Im not flame and gonna just say shit.

Hell come on now.

Dont get mad at me for posting an article about fraud.

I know people commit fraud with regular miney come on now.

Read the article.....the main point is regulating it.

I told u from the start people have their trepidations

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/technology/bitcoin-pursues-the-mainstream.html?referrer=

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/21/fbi-cracks-silk-road/2984921/

Here u go. Yes it was started in respone to the market BUT why expose yourself

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

When you factor in how little of Bitcoin is circulating, yet the fraud keeps occurring on a dubious scale...versus the trillions of dollars circulated through traditional banking virtually unaffected, the latter is far more safer.
    Additionally, traditional banking Insures their money, Bitcoin does not.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Hold on how much do you think bitcoin is circulating daily and how much do you think they've lost through fraud? I want to make sure you have an idea of what you're talking about before I reply.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There u go

6. The Dark King

Good link thanks even though its a little unfair comparing getting drugs to getting coffee. The truth is its easier to buy things digitally with Bitcoin period, so yeah getting things from silk road is easier than Starbucks but getting computer equipment or airline tickets online is easier because of certain sites.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

No prob.
    Heck i dont like doing business on the internet , or the phone. I like face to face and tangibles

8. The Dark King

Me too unfortunately convenience wins again.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

That and security of it. I get the heedie jeedies dealing with someone i cant see.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The Winkleboss Twins the guys who byched about FB bought and later sold theirs for their space travel on Virgin.

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

TDK where do you buy your bitcoin? I've been trying to buy some but question the creditability of the sites that I find

12. The Dark King

Depends on how much personal information you're comfortable with giving up. Coinbase is pretty reputable but wants a bank account number.
    You could also go through private sellers but at a bit of loss but if you're into for the long haul and think the value will increase it doesn't matter much.

13. archangel

That's actually one of places I found but I didn't feel comfortable giving out information. I'd have to use one of my low balance bank accounts to stop anything.

14. The Dark King

Yeah it's one of the things we're working on right. Lowering the barrier of entry for people to get bitcoin and other cryptos with a credit or debit card.
    How much do you want to get? I have some other alternatives but it might be at bit of loss but way less exposure.

15. The Dark King

Actually you're a smart guy whose into computer ever thought about mining them?

16. archangel

Honestly I just need 40 to 50 dollars and was using bitcoin as a medium. They won't take visa and mastercard so I am out of luck. Other places hiked up the price for paypal. so bitcoin is cheaper in the long run.

17. The Dark King

Do you have an address yet?

18. Soulthinker

If I get any bitcoin I will open a account at a small bank with just $100 and that is it.

19. The Dark King

Doesn't really work like that but 100 dollars is a good amount to start out with. If you ever need literature or videos let me know. I have some good sources

20. Soulthinker

I will contact you on that BK.