Lukewarm Attraction

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by LA, May 28, 2015.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I guess I ultimately didn't see this time as "the one" and felt I needed to continue dating and growing as a person.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No it doesn't necessarily mean a person has your back, but if you do have each others back, would it hurt anything? I never went that route but the idea is family. Quite simple.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Paper don't make you family actions do choices do.I see so many married people do such dirty shit to each other it's made me see that marriage is meaningless. Its not a magic spell.

4. The Dark King

Fair enough I hear you fam

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You think family members other than husband and wife don't wrong each other?

Family is family. The point of marriage isn't to wrong each other, neither is the word family intended for malice.

Anyway feel free to answer the question. If you have each others back will it hurt anything?

6. The Dark King

No but it doesn't help either so I guess it's null

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

For it to be a null idea you seem quite passionately opposed.

8. The Dark King

Not opposed to marriage itself just the perceived notion of what it represents when in practice doesn't represent that at all.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Do "girlfriend boyfriend relationships" represent something better???

10. K

K Well-Known Member

I think this is a really good question. My kids have asked me that over the years. I think a huge part of "being ready" is simply coming to a point where you say so, make the commitment, and stick with it.

Then whatever form that commitment takes can be different depending on the people involved.

I think the notion that suddenly the heavens will part and music will play and all sorts of other fairytale stuff will happen is .....well it's a fairytale. I'm not saying there aren't people who haven't experienced that. But that isn't what magically makes a relationship last for many years.

11. The Dark King

My thoughts exactly

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Ready = She gotta be fine.

If this one was to his liking physically, oh, he'd be ready. ...lol

13. The Dark King

lmao maybe maybe not. Just had this conversation with a friend and the thing about youth that you're too inexperienced to realize at the time is it doesn't always get better.
    I love my girl but is she the most suited for me that I've ever come across or even dated? Hell no.
    I don't do fairy tales it is what it is.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You get a new one every 6 weeks :smt005

15. The Dark King

lol seems that way but I've been with this one for nearly a year. So we'll see where it's heading

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

You just haven't had an opportunity to hang out with me yet...

18. The Dark King

So where should I mail the plane ticket. The hotel is on me too :D

19. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Seriously, if I was single I would totally take you up on that! I adore you!

20. The Dark King

And I you. You Raider and Nicole are my fantasy women. Ahhh in another life but I'm only 5'11 lol