Master P's son ROMEO MILLER and his new white boo he met off Millionaire Matchmaker

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by playboy90210, Dec 28, 2014.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Not a problem at all. You make a valid point.

2. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I disagree. I have a black daughter who is beautiful. Silky chocolate skin with a streamline physique. She's not beatdown mentally or influenced by living in shadows. She's raised to think with a openmind. It all begins at home. You say it's far from the norm but in my house hold our way of life is totally normal and I'm sure other households feel the same.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fam are you the exception or the rule?
    And talking to a lot of black women in my life they deal with a lot of shit that we sometimes don't see or forget about at times. Watch that documentary good hair and tell me they don't start out with certain self esteem issues. Your parents can tell you one thing but if the world says something else its hard to hear fam

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I think TDK may have been speaking about how society as a whole tries to (and succeeds in) beating down black women. You're raising your daughter differently and that's awesome. Society as a whole still needs to catch up though and start treating bw with that same respect/love.

5. The Dark King

Thank you. You always get me :freehug:

6. orejon4

I get what you're saying but the same can be said of people in many walks of life. I guess that's why I have always been involved in the counterculture. You have to surround yourself by alternative cultural forms that validate and reinforce who and what you value. It's hard to be immersed in a given environment and not become a part of it, or at the least be affected by it.

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Two peas in a pod my friend :freehug:

8. The Dark King

Really like who exactly?

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's that big city way of life. Here, BW could care less. I get you point but you can't apply it to all. BM have a stereo type too/beat down with, (lazy, don't work, beat there women, nasty, ect) and a "few" men I know are bitter with that. Does that apply to you?

10. orejon4

Society doesn't value anyone who isn't a white, tall, heterosexual, Christian, capitalist, musclebound, militaristic, wealthy, male. So people find various ways to reaffirm their own humanity, be it non-whites, the gay subculture, left counterculture, the arts community, pacifists, etc. One thing I will say about people is that they're infinitely adaptable and find ways to cope with unpleasant situations. It's not an exact parallel with the problems black women face, but it's a version of coping scenarios for that same non-affirming environment.

11. The Dark King

No but it forms a cultural and societal narrative that follows one around that I am very sensitive to. And I really doubt that you can speak for BW anymore than ww we date can speak for bm. There are certain conversations you won't get unless you take the time to listen and hear people's experience. Do you ever listen to some of these bw and how they feel about their hair and skin complexion fam? It's heartbreaking when you think about it, from the moment they enter this world people are literally saying you don't have the right skin or hair. Then they create these billion dollar industries focused on making their hair and skin look "right". Who else is carrying that burden to the same degree? That wounds a person its not so easy to ignore when it becomes such a big part of how people perceive one another. Maybe your daughter will never have to deal with it (hopefully) but its very real.

12. The Dark King

Well that's an incredibly small and concentrated list not to mention it lacks interconnectionality. To be a Jewish heterosexual white male with average height and money is good enough. Then we go down the tiers and if we are honest especially in this country we know who is at the bottom. Give me anyone like gay or disabled and add black female to it then we're dealing with the bottom of the barrel unless we're talking about incarceration or those who don't get adopted.

13. orejon4

The list wasn't meant to be all-inclusive. I get what you're saying, but my larger point is that society (or society as expressed in ruling class accounts) doesn't truly value anyone but the ruling class. People who fall outside of that caste have to find ways to develop alternatives just to cope. And they do, however imperfectly they manage it. As a result there are cultural trends that push back against the dominant narrative.

14. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Nor can you speak for BW. You heard the experience of 1000 BW, what about that other 10,000,000 (give or take)? My point, don't lump them all in this so called inferior box.

15. The Dark King

negro read a book lol

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Great post!!!!

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Whatever fam.

18. The Dark King

My point is its not aneed inferiority thing to point out a glitch in the matrix. Like I said actually talk to some bw visit some sites the shit is real.
    If you and i don't experience racism does it mean it doesn't exist?

19. The Dark King

Thanks love

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You're assuming I don't talk to black women??? That's funny.
    I never said it wasn't real, I'm saying you applying it to the majority of them is bull shit.