Master P's son ROMEO MILLER and his new white boo he met off Millionaire Matchmaker

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by playboy90210, Dec 28, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Really? Why is it bullshit?
    So if I say the American narrative is to look at black men as violent and unintelligent and Asians as meek and compliant am I wrong even though I don't know everyone?
    Living in a country where European features are the litmus for beauty you think it won't effect those who aren't born with straight hair or lighter skin. Then explain why hair extensions as well as straigstraightening is a billion dollar industry
    Who do you think is consuming it most?

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think that everyone is impacted by these society-wide images, including those who reject them, because you have to make a conscious effort to turn away from them. It's just a matter of what you do to resist those images and indoctrination.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Women buy hair extensions for a number of reason. To say that the majority do it bc they feel substandard is crazy. I can name a number of WW that own hairstraiteners while the BW rock the natural look. (present day). If anything, BW are overly confident. Get out of the house into the real world and stop reading your so called statistics.

4. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Yep...women in general spend big money on their hair...cut...color...highlights...lowlights...glaze...hair extensions...hair accessories...I just spent $170.00 last week on my hair...I own 3 flat irons, 2 blow dryers...a special diffusing blow dryer ( no not the attachment ) plethora of hair accessories and products

I know a lot of very successful confident BW...and the young ones blow me away with their ambition

5. The Dark King

Either you're. ....
    Never mind it's all in my head. Black women suffer no backlash from not growing in a world where they aren't the standard of beauty. You and Lippy know some confident black women so it's all good.

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

The standard of beauty is changing...look at the modeling industry...the more unusual...not perfect...almost awkward beauty features is what sells...

7. The Dark King

When we can still list the top female actresses of color on one hand not by much.
    It's like saying the face of politics has changed because we have Obama and Elizabeth Warren. Yeah a little but not really.

8. orejon4

I'm not sure that the standard of beauty is really changing. For the most part, non-white beauty is still treated as "exotic" and otherworldly, with whiteness as the general standard unless told otherwise. The acceptance of different looks is the exception, not the rule. While I know that the industry will say it is focusing on the largest demographic group, media does have enormous (albeit not absolute) power to shape how people think.

I know it's not exactly germane to the thread, but speaking of non-white standards of beauty, apparently the male lead from the Twilight series is now dating a non-white woman and his "fans" are neither appreciative of her non-white beauty nor pleased with his choice: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/09/fka-twigs-robert-pattinson-twitter-trolls?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_278906&mbid=synd_zergnet

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  9. The Dark King

Nope it's an even playing field and feeling any differently means you have inferiority complex :roll:

10. orejon4

It's far from even, but you can take steps to reject majority culture and develop a parallel reality that isn't so hostile to your own psyche and development.

11. The Dark King

I totally agree just hate this denial of what's there. It's the same bs I can't stand when people try to tell me if I didn't focus on race so much I wouldn't see racism. It's like telling me as long as I don't look up I won't see cloudy skies even though I can feel the damn rain

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This thread went from little Romeo to god knows what in 30 seconds flat

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Race card, I choose you!

14. The Dark King

God I wish this shit was real. I'd use it to pay my student loans lol

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

No doubt

Some people believe we shouldn't have to pay taxes given that slaves were never paid reparations

Everyone else was...the natives...the japanese...the Jews

The blacks? We got to look forward to pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps while being chased out of our homes by the klan

Sounds legit

16. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

It will never be even when they're out numbered. But I refuse to agree that the "majority" of BM have these low self esteem/inferior type issues. Get out and see the world TDK!

17. The Dark King

Omg just get over it already :cool:

18. The Dark King

Hold on so are you telling me addressing the very clear and obvious ways that bm are treated differently is copping to feeling inferior and/or having low self esteem. So if a woman says that women are unfairly treated in the work place or fear being abducted and raped they are acting inferior?
    Stizzy I'm out in the world homie sorry it doesn't fit your personal world view.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Damn

Seriously.....anyone born before the civil rights era should have gotten reparations for obvious fucking reasons. Fuck affirmative action and give me cash payments bitches

20. The Dark King

For what? You served your purpose, you're lucky they let our asses live here. They freed us after all, we should be grateful lol.