MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN - FIRST BLACK BACHELOR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by lippy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Until ABC does an actual Bachelor and airs it with a black bachelor with a diverse field of women to pick from and not the Flava of Love type field of women they always seem to saddle shows with black males seeking to date/marry, it's straight bogus IMO.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's not really the profession no offense to stylists just the lack of professionals with education and class. I've only seen bits and pieces of the bachelor over the years and it ain't this shit show.

3. The Dark King

Winner winner chicken dinner.

4. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

You obviously are not watching this season...some serious loon tunes...they do it every season to emphasize the crazy

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Uh well actually - the Bachelor does have quite a few that fit along those lines. The only thing I really noticed that was much different in the women was that there were a few who were heavily tatted, the lesbian and bi chicks, and most of the chicks wore cocktail dresses barely covered the cooch. The Bachelor typically has some of that too - they had one with super short shorts this season. On the Match Made in Heaven it was more the rule than the exception though.

8"? Is that all?

6. K

K Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I do think this one (so far) does have a bit more class than a lot of the take offs have. Or at least they are trying to with the preacher, mom, etc. Of course, that's not saying much though considering the other take offs there have been (Flav etc)

I'll tell you though, my 22 year old daughter watched it with me and she went off about how really tacky is is that they were doing the texting shit to let the women know if they were staying or going.

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Any shorter, she would probably be foaming over Sinbad.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

So very true! They have to have some around, otherwise they would lose their viewers from boredom.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

thats major thing...will people watch. when BET came out with their answer to mtv....(video soul with donnie simpson. this is ehen real music was around.) people ate it up. it was on for a long time. mtv would put blacks on in the start but when they say bet blowing them out ....all of the sudden they showed love.

ike u were saying...it has to be good and have quality people ... no hoodrats

10. K

K Well-Known Member

I dont get it...sorry.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman preferring whatever type/size dick she does. No different than men preferring big tits, asses, or whatever.

11. Morning Star

I agree there. But, it shouldn't be a long term and sole demand of a preference since you have to take in everything with the person, including their shortcomings. You learn and grow together if you're seeking a long term partnership.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Agreed. But you better believe the females on these shows have all the surface stuff based on the guys preferences/requests.

13. The Dark King

Exactly not to mention it comes across as super tacky not to mention of course the big dick thing comes up with the black guy

14. The Dark King

Size queen huh lol
    I guess I'm tired of the same old stereotypes. Blacks are only included when they aren't trying to sell romance but buffoonary

15. Morning Star

We're dubbed "Sex Packers Supreme," so let us at least revel in our own....sizable, majestic, Snickers candy bars. :cool:

16. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

*Portland sportscaster Lamar Hurd is vying to become ABC’s first African American “Bachelor.”

For 16 seasons, the show has featured single white men or women selecting a mate from a pool of eligible applicants who compete for his or her love — and possibly a marriage proposal on the season finale. On “The Bachelor” shows in particular, it gets a little catty in the house with nothing but women going after the same man. Crazy.

There are usually one or two people of color among the contestants competing for the final rose. But black women are usually eliminated early on.

Creator Mike Fleiss, however, said it was never his intention for the show to be so white.

“It’s just that for whatever reason, they don’t come forward. I wish they would,” he told Entertainment Weekly.

Well, at least one person has come forward. If things work out, Lamar Hurd (pictured above) would be the first black bachelor on the show. Learn all about Lamar’s quest via the video below.

As we wait, one must beg the question, is America really ready to watch a bunch of white women scrap over a black man? And how will black women react to it?

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2012/04/black-bachelor-on-the-bachelor/#p30Q0TSFH5Ud3KCZ.99

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

good post

18. K

K Well-Known Member

I thought size queens were the 10+ crowd.

I don't think what you said is true. Those shows are basically pushing the surface crap. They had one "big girl" (hardly) on The Bachelor. I think she went home the firs night. There isn't much in the way of any type of diversity on "romance" shows in general.

19. z

z Well-Known Member

The host

What kinda of pastor, lawd.......

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Hell Date needs a comeback.