Mayor Pete

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frederick, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I don't like this disingenuous motherfucker at all.

He's been propped up by the media, and has no business whatsoever being taken seriously as national leader of the Democratic party considering how the treated the Black population in South Bend.

Started this thread to post receipts on him now that he's making his push as a "top tier" candidate.

Here's a video about how he's bullshitting with his Black outreach. Dude is literally polling at zero percent with Black voters.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Bruh, I was reading something or listening to a podcast where they discussed it was being suggested by libs on social media that the reason he's polling 0% with black folks because of the bullshit stereotype of black folks being so homophobic.

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

That was floated by his own campaign. They referenced a bunch of focus groups that they did in South Carolina.

It turns out that the focus groups were majority white and only had 24 total Black participants. Not only is that not a statistically significant pool, it is asinine that this dude is trying to win a state where 60% of the registered Democrats are Black, but is only focused on white people.

Black people in America aren't a monolith. Yeah, his sexuality is going to be an issue for older Black voters in the South because it's the Bible Belt, not because Black people are inherently more homophobic. Black people voted en masse for Lori Lightfoot to be mayor of Chicago. The fact that she's a lesbian was a non-issue in that race.

Anyway, here's a video from a white gay leftist who eviscerates Pete and the idea that Black people are especially homophobic.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Yup. Black folk kept voting for Barney Frank in Massachusetts and it didn't seem to be an issue.

Pete just isn't connecting for some reason with the Black vote.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

His sexuality is a factor in his lack of pull among black folks, just not to the degree that Mayor Pete's people are insinuating.

I think the real issue is that black folks see what his candidacy is all about, they see that the establishment is trying to foister another neoliberal on us who is going to talk a good game but not do anything of substance. His lack of experience is also a factor, we have seen what 3 years worth of on-the-job training looks like, of course, he can't possibly be as much of a complete moron as Trump but just because he is smart doesn't mean he is qualified. After all, there is a reason Biden is so popular among Black folks, it's because they want someone who may not be slick and polished but actually knows how to govern something the size of a country.

I also think some black folks also resent the comparisons to Obama because how is a 37-year-old man with only local government experience comparable to a man who was a state senator, as well as one of only a handful of black U.S. Senators.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts on facts on facts. I say it all the time how can we expect to win when the black vote is the base of the Democratic party and zero support says everything. Him or Kamala are horrible picks

7. The Dark King

Side note God I love Krystal Ball that woman is so on point. She's gorgeous and is damn politically aware along with being a progressive. Definitely on my get out of jail free card list lol.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So apparently when he was running for office in 2010 Mayor Pete attempted to sidle up to the Tea-Party.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He's leading all Dem polls.

The Media adore him.

[​IMG]

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I don't see him having the legs to win a nationwide Dem primary.

I know the corporatists are afraid of Warren/Sanders, but I feel like they have the most support among Dems.

Once people start dropping out of the race, things will come into better focus.

I don't have anything I hate about Pete, but he seems very right leaning centrist and smells like Obama. (Love Obama but he was way too moderate and afraid to challenge the system.)
    If he wins the primaries, I'll vote for him, he's just not my guy.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You're half-right, the (corporate) media loves him because he is a friend of wall street and he wants to keep the economic status quo as it is. However, he isn't leading in any national polls, in fact in most states with significant minority populations he is polling in the single digits usually in 4th place.

12. The Dark King

Thank you you saved me a post

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/1...ew-hampshire-poll-ahead-of-democratic-debate/

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigieg-leading-democratic-candidates-iowa-new-poll-shows-1472250
    IMG_20191120_180742.jpg

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm aware of those polls but nationally he isn't even close to the lead

Nov 20th Economist/YouGov 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination
    Biden 30, Warren 22, Sanders 12, Buttigieg 9, Harris 4, Bloomberg, Yang 2, Gabbard 3, Klobuchar 2, Booker 1, Steyer 1, Bennet 1, Castro 0

Nov 19th Politico/Morning Consult 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination
    Biden 32, Warren 17, Sanders 20, Buttigieg 8, Harris 5, Bloomberg 3, Yang 3, Gabbard 2, Klobuchar 2, Booker 2, Steyer 1, Bennet 1, Castro 1

Nov 18th The Hill/HarrisX 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination
    Biden 30, Warren 15, Sanders 18, Buttigieg 7, Harris 4, Bloomberg 3, Yang 2, Gabbard 1, Klobuchar 1, Booker 1, Steyer 1, Bennet 1, Castro 2

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/democratic_nomination_polls/

As I said in states with large minority populations his poll numbers are not great in fact he is polling at 0% among black voters in South Carolina.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...percent-among-black-voters-in-south-carolina/

If people think a Democrat can win the nomination without black voters they are living in a fantasyland.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. The Dark King

Most loyal democratic voters and we vote nearly 90 percent for democrats. Keep dismissing us at your own peril.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Well, I ain't voting for a gay president. Guess that makes me "homophobic."

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

All the leftist saviors are trying to do end runs around the black vote.

18. The Dark King

That's not true try again. Their proposals directly effect and improve our lives. I'd rather them improve my healthcare and eliminate my student debt rather than promise reparations that have zero chances of happening.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'd LOVE my student debt to be paid off, but the national debt for student loans is $1.5 trillion. Where is it coming from?
    My student loan debt is $12,000. There are others that have $150,000 in loan debt.
    Why should anyone have to pay theirs, or mine.... or yours. Why? It's elective education.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I didn't say national I said Dem polls, however fair enough. I didn't watch the debates tonight I wonder how he did..

On your black Dem vote comment... You're about 13% of the population, and Hispanics are 17%... Hispanics are very religious, so it's anybody's guess who exactly is going to back Pete.