Mayor Pete

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frederick, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You called it, Thumpy.

'One day after dropping out of the Democratic presidential race, Pete Buttigieg will endorse former Vice President Joe Biden for president, according to the Associated Press. Buttigieg will appear with Biden at a Dallas, Texas, rally on Monday night. On Sunday, the former South Bend, Indiana, mayor said he would “do everything” in his power to “ensure that we have a new Democratic president come January” while announcing the suspension of his campaign. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), who dropped out of the race Monday, is also slated to appear at Biden’s Dallas rally to endorse his 2020 White House bid.'

2. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I suspect Biden may consider Klobuchar as VP.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

IDK. She's not impressive enough for what will be expected from the potential voters. She has no real following.
    Consider also if Biden's dementia continues, she'll have to take over, so they're going to want someone with political spark to take the reins.

4. Othello1967

When I consider those who actually ran for Prez then that leaves Elizabeth. Thing is, she is a sensible version of Bernie and so may bring his followers to the ticket. On the other hand, it may turn off other voters who are leery of what she and Bernie were running on.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The bots are not going to vote and 45 will win. They are already talking about not voting even though they have no one to blame for Bernie losing. With them it's like those marriages when divorce leads to bad credit even tho both were doing good financially when they were together. Miserable fucks.

45 is going to win and I'm ok with that. There is nothing gained by trying to compromise with people like the Bernie Bots. For them it's all or nothing so I say let them have nothing.

We are going to have hard right government for the foreseeable future so learn to invest during recessions and enjoy your state rights, low taxes and freedom to have long guns. Get ready to have religion shoved at you. It is what it is.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The progressive left has washed their hands of Elizabeth Warren. They feel that her refusal to endorse the only remaining progressive in the race (Bernie) is a betrayal of the movement. The only people a Warren VP nomination will bring in are the "identity politics" voters who only care that she was born with a uterus. The problem is those people are most likely going to vote blue anyway because they care more about getting rid of Trump than anything else.

7. Othello1967

First, identity politics is practiced by both parties. Who would you suggest for VP?

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know I never thought otherwise. The only thing is Democrats have made it their mission to get a woman elected president since Hillary was first "selected" by the party in 2008. In their blind rush to have a female commander-in-chief they have repeatedly neglected to see that a candidate needs to have more than just a pants suit and earrings to inspire people to vote for her. People will vote for a woman but not because she is a woman. And I think Biden should pick Tulsi Gabbard (he won't) or Stacey Abrams.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

[​IMG]

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Tea party republicans would never let the Dems win just to get back at everyone else that vote red. So I think that they are smarter than the Bernie Bots. As a man of science I look at behavior. I could care less about the rhetoric.

11. RicardoCooper

As you should, sir. Emotionalism is what got us in this mess

12. RicardoCooper

I said this way back in November. I was correct then and I am correct now.

Bernie wanted a coronation before South Carolina a.k.a. before blacks got a chance to vote in primaries

They were calling it for Bernie after the first two (white) caucuses

I guess the black vote is the real "establishment" hee hee

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I called it, I knew Mayor Pete was going to get a reward for his strategic withdrawal during the primaries. This appointment virtually guarantees that he will run for president again (in 2028 or 2032 probably) because it serves as Pete's much-needed federal level experience which was something he lacked during his 2020 run.

It's pretty clear to me that The Democratic Party is sending a message as to what they want the future of their party to look like with heirs-apparent like Harris and Buttigieg (woman of color, and LGBTQ community) and it's also clear that demographics and identity politics are more important to them than helping out the people they claim to represent because both of them are progressive or "radical" (as the robot talking heads in the right-wing media think). They both have terrible policing records in minority communities and both of them flip-flop on M4A or have really dumb ideas about it.