Media ban list

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Beasty, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'll get it started.

1.) Marvel's "the runaways"
    2.) Super girl
    3.) Black lighting

Any shows that show black men as being subservient, weak, or less than average in anyway ect..

Please add to the list.

And thanks :)

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well recently James Olsen has been stronger and actually gotten more screen time in the last two episodes I seen. Plus Manchester Black is a pretty cool anti-hero and strong himself, so I don't know about Supergirl being on that list anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2018
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Basic plot devices nothing special about either one

4. The Dark King

I'd also add Big Bang Theory for lack of black people period. Like 10 seasons and no black nerds let alone any other poc. Its fricking Cal Tech and seriously no other Asian people outside of their brown friend who can't talk to women without alcohol.

Also Legends of Tomorrow not a single love scene or even interest in any black male characters.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

4.) "911" where in the pilot episode the black husband of Angela Bassett comes out as gay
    5.) "Blindspot" where it turned out the black male team member had been sexually assaulted by his coach in college and he blocked it out (they did the same to Morgan on "Criminal Minds)

6. RicardoCooper

6.) Leon Black on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" no reason for him to be on the show, just an excuse for Larry David to write dumb mushmouth negro shit. Hate JB Smoove, ni**a need speech therapy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. darkcurry

I'm interested in seeing where it goes. Especially with Manchester Black. He so far has had the coolest fight scenes and one liners as well.

8. RicardoCooper

Since it's all media and not just TV,

7) I refuse to see "Solo" even on bootleg because of "pansexual" Lando Calrissian

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Great info so far fellas. Ban hammer in full affect

10. darkcurry

Dear White People

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This is liberal racist Hollywood we're talking about!! If you set that standard into the media you consume, you're going to really have a limited number of TV shows & films you can watch.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm not pressed to see anything.

The reason the racist content is out there now is because too many black folk spend money on it as it is.

Don't act as if we don't have a choice in the matter. A business only exists to serve a market, and I'm not in the market for any bullshit.

Quality>>>>Quantity

13. RicardoCooper

Boom

14. RicardoCooper

It would be interesting if you stated why although I can guess

15. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Kimmy schmidt is super feminist. The kind where only gay black men can exist (because anything else would be too scary), and all of it parallels feminist theory (some of it good, most of it bad).

Dear white people is basically that taneshi coates thought process... "Only black women can date white people or interracial and black men need to take whatever we are willing to give them". There is a scene where a dude sucks at standup comedy, then comes back with a new routine that everyone praises him for. The new routine isn't actually comedy, it's just praising black women.

Both shows are trash. Dear white people is scandal level trash.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Since we're talking about Netflix shows, what did y'all Spike Lee's "She Gotta Have It" that premiered earlier this year?

17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Nope. I wasn't interested in the film since it is before my time ( I was way too young to even watch it). And It didn't seem that entertaining. I suppose, since our "community" is bombarded with black women's opinions, it makes me not as interested in watching their shows. Some of the british ones aren't terribly bad.

18. The Dark King

Why dear white people?

19. The Dark King

Or just watch more foreign shows

20. The Dark King

Wow fair enough. Had no idea Coates was on that bullshit. Smh. So tired of this worship of black women at the expense of black men