Media ban list

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Beasty, Dec 2, 2018.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Absolute straight trash absolutely hated it. I had no clue why everyone was so damn into this chick who offered absolutely nothing except ass. Its NY no one is pressing that hard for a barely above average chick who is self centered and selfish af.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

An Example:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ehisi-on-exotic-women-and-intermarriage/9211/

To be fair, this was 3 years before he married his "Quayn". So, he might just be simping/kowtowing in the hopes of finding someone. This article is from 2008. I am not sure if his opinion has changed since then.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

@ColiBreh1 @The Dark King I was going to add but this pretty much sums it up. lol. Thanks @meowkittenmeow

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I was on the fence on seeing the movie version. Then I learned that the lead black female character, the so-called radical, had a white boyfriend and came from a family in which her father was white and mother was black, a relationship that was portrayed positively. But the black guy who was dating a white chick? He was "lost" and didn't find his way (his true black self) until he found himself a sista to be with. And learning those spoilers (which I searched for because I had a gut feeling something like that would be portrayed) has kept me from watching the movie or the show. The guy behind the film and show is a gay black male who is totally invested into The Cult of Black Womanhood. So....no surprise. He has included black gay men apparently in the film and the show and I bet he wouldn't have an issue with gay black men "finding their way" with white gay men.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, never cared for Coates myself because his Black Panther comic book is overrated shit and because he apparently has never read any comics that don't have a Marvel label on it. But I can take that hate to a whole new level if these remarks are true.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The gay dude ends up with a few white passing hispanic men, so yes, it is hypocritical.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Unlike homie above I saw the original "She's Gotta Have It" when it first came out. I was cool with the first few eps (I like the lead actress) until they did the pansexual episode, which is where I bowed out. In the original movie, Nora Darling's gay friend tried to seduce her but that was a bridge Nora wouldn't cross. But that was 30 years ago lol