MISS IRELAND dating A NIGERIAN -racists pissed!

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Bliss, May 3, 2011.

1. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Bullshit. The black men of Africa are kings and rulers of whole COUNTRIES. The wealthiest black man alive is from Nigeria.

2. karmacoma.

Many Africans aren't the biggest fans of African-Americans either, Saint Appiah.

3. naija4real

naija4real New Member

My brother things start to get so complicated when one takes these things too seriously.I let it not hamper my curiosity on issues or trying to set the record straight if possible. The sky is big enough for every bird to fly, and I am unapologetically Nigerian. No one has denied he is black yet.

As long as it does not make me pay more taxes , or does not restrict me from dating an Irish beauty, all is well and dandy. The opinions people have are just what they are opinions shared by their commentators. That I can't help, but I can choose whom to date and what to focus on. I don't think that white women are such a scarce resource yet.;)

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'll bet that there are twice as many wealthy black men in the US then there is in the entire continent of Africa. Besides she wanted to meet professionals not kings or heads of state. She has better chance keeping her lily white ass where it is.

5. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Hmmm wonder why? lemme tell you its because too many morons who happen to be black in America stereotype Africans with insensitive remarks and lumping us together as shit eating cannibals living in a hut. Now tell me why would i wanna be a fan of a retard like that?

6. karmacoma.

The same reason I wouldn't wanna be a fan of somebody who thinks they're a full-blooded Zulu chief but I'm just an American cottonpicker.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

If some Africans think of Black-Americans as "cotton pickers" boy,there would be a row for sure.

8. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

We are in 2011, no African thinks any African American is a cotton picker unfortunately some of you are myopic and still think all Africans live in huts and trees and Africans like to embrace everybody yet they see people of the same colour telling them they stink.

9. The Dark King

Your biggest problem is that African immigrants come here and say that shit. I even have to admit this of my own family, there's a we're better than these people who've been here for hundreds of years and couldn't make it work mentality. To this day my dad doesn't get how he could come here and educate himself, buy a home, and send his kids to good schools but there are people who have been here for generations and can't make it work. But I think a lot of recent immigrants don't truly understand the mental damage slavery and jim crow did to black people here.

10. z

z Well-Known Member

Truth.

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

How does your dad explain the MILLIONS of American Blacks that are educated...own homes..and send their kids to school????????

He probably thinks whites GAVE all that to us.

Doesn't he realize as a non-white person that Black people here have paid a dear price for the opportunity he has a BLACK man in America????

12. The Dark King

Read my last sentence again. Quit being so damn defensive kid. You across like you have a little dick lol

13. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Get your mind off my dick immigrant.

14. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I think he is american, his father might be an immigrant but from what i heard he came as a legal immigrant, so chill your immigrant hater ass man lol

15. The Dark King

Flame I was born and raised here just like you. Quit being so butt hurt lol. What's funny is if you were a wm or a bw you'd be exactly the kind of person you're always bitching about lol:smt021

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

show him your long form! don't let him trump you up!

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Meh, I partly agree with your dad. In some situations, you got people who just waste their chances and I am not talking about only black people.

18. Dafty Puck

Dafty Puck New Member

I'm sorry but I have to say, for a self-proclaimed educated man, that is a very narrow-minded erroneous perspective to maintain throughout adulthood.

I've heard it before however, and it always baffles me.

Comments like 'all Indians are super-smart' for example, yet this is only because the ones we encounter in the States are well-educated and successful, and from a more privileged background in India. Otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Of course such notions play to the ego of those being complimented, and it's an illusion they'd love to maintain, but the reality is lack of education is a major problem in India. Alongside wide-spread poverty, child slavery, and serious class divisions. It's no better in parts of Africa. Hell, it's worse in most.

The thing is, people with the ability to legally travel abroad, especially with the resources to remain abroad for the purpose of higher education, tend to be in a better position than those that cannot.

Is it a wonder that they are successful?

The fact of the matter is, there are those same people in, say Kenya for example, that cannot 'make it work'. They cannot even afford to leave, and follow your fathers blessed example. That are involved in the despicable rapes, child-labor, and other abuses of children that Kenya itself acknowledges is a rampant problem (see: Children’s Act 2001).

Am I to believe that because there are successful Kenyans in America, all Kenyans are successful and educated?

Are we even supposed to entertain the thought that every person in the country of your fathers birth right now is successful as he is, or will be?

That the prisons there are empty? That there is no poverty? High illiteracy rates? Gang violence? Political violence? Corruption?

That most of Africa is in a sorry state right now due to poverty, disease, tribal warfare, AIDS, exploitation and greed?

That they can afford to turn away the aid of successful Black celebrities?

The truth is your father simply falls into the category of being a successful African man among the unsuccessful ones. He isn't the absolute rule, but rather more of an exception in terms of viewing Africa as a whole.

There are plenty of African-Americans who also fall under that category as well (me for example), and if they had a stronger presence abroad, foreigners who'd never been to America could easily get the impression that all African-Americans were as intelligent and successful as the travelers/students they encountered.

It really is that simple.

As you acknowledged, it wasn't like this for Blacks in America for 'hundreds of years' in spite of what your family believes, and incoming African immigrants reap the benefits of those Blacks in America that fought and died for the right to drink from a decent fountain. Generational poverty, racism, and discrimination has taken a toll on the Black families in the United States.

It goes beyond Jim Crow.

Success sometimes can get to a persons head. It sad though, when Blacks try and set up yet another 'superiority barrier' amongst themselves when the truth is, we are mostly seen as all being in the same family anyway.

When will the 'paper-bag' test be reinstated, I wonder?

:-?

- Daft

19. z

z Well-Known Member

Good points. BTW his folks are from Jamaica not Africa but your point applies to both anyway.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

[​IMG]