Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just watched "3022" & I think it's an exaggeration to say there was no IR ' ship. Yeah they never put a label on Omar Epps & Kate Walsh's characters personal 'ship in the film & they didn't kiss. But they slept together & cuddled in the same bed every night for years, they fought/argued like a couple, whenever music was played in the commons area they always danced together, Omar Epps risks his life to save & be with Kate at the end film, & etc.

They were a couple without the movie explicitly stating they were a couple. They personal 'ship basically functioned like an established married couple.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

I skimmed thru it, I didn't see anything noteworthy in the movie. But if you liked it cool.

• List
  3. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

no kiss? zzz

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

As I tried to tell you . . . Amazon is greedy for your $$$. They are now advertising Tubi original movies as pay-per-view lol. Google TV and Apple TV don't do you dirty like this . . . they will inform you if you have access to a movie while Amazon Firestick via Prime Video will try to steal your money . Just wanted to warn you again. I never saw them promoting Tubi original movies before and then asking you to pay for them until last night. Apple+ does not do that and neither does Google TV!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  5. ColiBreh1

"The Gods" got a sequel last year, "The Gods 2: The Dark Side:

Both films are available to stream for free on the Tubi & Plex apps. The first film is also available on the Xumo Play app. I recommend watching the 1st film on Xumo Play becuz there are subtitles available, while Tubi & Plex don't have subtitles for the film.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

Looks like we missed this 2023 indie holiday romcom film, "Take a Chance at Christmas":

It's an Xumo Original, so you can only stream it on the Xumo Play app/website.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  7. ColiBreh1

i just stumbled onto a Xumo Original IR romcom film that came out last year "Love Hacks":

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

"Framed by my Sister" also goes by the name "Triple Threat". So keep that in mind when looking up the film.

Anyways, I also couldn't find a trailer for the 2017 Lifetime film "Stalked by my Ex" either. But I was able to find trailers for:

"Old Flames Never Die"

&

"Wheels of Beauty" (A.K.A "Driven to Kill")

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

Just stumbled onto this indie film that came out last month, "Consider the Lilies":

• List
  10. ColiBreh1

FYI: This "Papai é Pop" movie has an English dub & is called "Dad Rocks" on Amazon Prime.

11. ColiBreh1

Despite it being a big budget major studio wide theatrical release with big names, it looks like nobody ever bothered to post the trailer for the 2022 film "Amsterdam", so I'm posting it now:

Skimming through the Wikipedia cast info & plot summary, it does seem that John David Washington & Margot Robbie are love interests. Zoe Saldana plays Christian Bale's love interest + he has a separate estranged wife, so there's no love triangle between the 3 lead characters.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Young Herschel

I saw both movies on Lifetime and can affirm that they both have positive IR portrayals not to spoil them too much as of course there are some challenges along the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Now see. That's good info without spoiling it. lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

How did you watch them? Looking at the JustWatch pages for each of the 5 Lifetime films that were mentioned in those series of quoted posts, I don't think any of them are on a free streaming service app/website or on a popular subscription streaming service (i.e. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, & etc.). You either gotta digitally buy/rent them OR have a sub to a more obscure streaming service or certain cable/satellite services.

15. Young Herschel

Hey guys & gals . . . I just stumbled upon an early 90's crime thriller featuring one of the most underrated baddest beauties in the business . . . Maria from "Head of the Class" . . . Leslie Rae Bega who also played Valentina de la Paz on HBO in "The Sopranos" for several seasons and she is starring as the lead actress in "Angel in Red" on @Tubi.

This is good late night find a d rather unexpected too as I knew I knew her from somewhere but . . . I couldn't remember where lol. Damn she fine in 1991 as I loved "Head of the Class" on ABC in the late 80's and looks the same. She kisses a BIG Black pimp named "Stash" who she calls for help after her pimp Sharkey" played by a strikingly young Jeffery Dean Morgan beats the brakes off her friend. That's all the spoilers I will post. Damn this White woman is fiiiiiiiinnnnneeee!!! She has my FULL ATTENTION ;). I haven't finished the movie yet but I like the set up so far. She is caring for her younger brother who was so abused by their father that he is developmental disabled. I really like "Angel in Red" so far . . .

16. Young Herschel

I saw them as I said . . . on Lifetime channel. I didn't see the trailer beforehand as I just was channel surfing and stumbled across them both at the time. Sometimes I program my Verizon FiOS to remind me of a movie in advance but in these cases I just happened upon them accidentally. Lifetime has an app on Amazon Firestick for OnDemand viewing as does your particular cable provider and they should be free for you as they are for me.

"Dying for a Crown " for example is available OnDemand via Lifetime.

17. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Saw Night Swim, I don't know how much y'all want me to say.
    but once the scene in the pool happens, she is frigid towards him because of what happened in the pool, he flaked on her for no reason while that was happening. The horror story takes over the whole movie and they never get back to it.

18. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

There was some discussion about it before the movie came out. The trailer gave us some small hints about Margot and JDW but nothing concrete and that is why I at least wasn't going to make any proclamations. I finally got around to seeing the film on cable this past spring and the two of them do become a couple who only have eyes for each other. They are paired with one another through much of the film and in the end move to Europe together where their relationship would be more tolerated. Without question their coupling is given more time and development than any other but as I wrote on this site long ago...if a trailer has an opportunity to play up the idea that a white male will have a love interest it will do so even if it means exaggerating the circumstances, if it has that same chance to do so for a black male it will typically do the opposite because its not trying to sell black masculinity. Now you add the factor that the love interest for that black male is a white woman and it is possible it will completely bury all evidence. For this film the trailer kinda does just that with JDW and Margot but tells us that our white guy is hooking up with a black chick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

He did at least kiss her though

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. ColiBreh1

Looks like they put out a 11.5-minute preview clip for "Mr. Malcolm's List" back in 2019, 3 years before the movie came out:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • List