Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"Rare Objects" came out last year. Here's the trailer:

The movie is available on Hulu.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I have this saved on my Hulu account.

3. darkcurry

Seen this. Underrated period piece IR Film. This and Chevalier were Great.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

Here's the trailer for the 2015 film "Beatbox":

Link to see which apps you can stream it on: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/beatbox

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. ColiBreh1

Watching "Beatbox" right now & this film has a love triangle. The BM lead character has 2 IR love interests:

1. His live-in GF (Her Father is also the lead character's employer at his day job) who becomes disillusioned with his struggling music career passion.

2. This Singer chick who the lead character met/got to know/hangs out with while pursing his music career passion.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

I just watched "Where is Good?". What a fucced up movie it was. There is NO endgame IR 'ship in this film. So if you decide to watch the film based on @Young Herschel's teasing in this thread, you'll be disappointed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Does it have interracial content . . . yes. There is an interracial BM & WW cop partnership too. The movie has some surprising twists as the aforementioned couple tries to track down the serial criminal and I couldn't believe who it turned out to be. On a Lifetime Movie channel scale . . . the movie is VERY entertaining as that was how I measured it. Never claimed it to be like a Lifetime romance movie but rather like a Lifetime criminal thriller with interracial content.

@ColiBreh1
    did you see the PG-13 abridged version of "Where is GOOD"?!? That one is significantly shorter than the unrated extended version I own. I still think it is better than most Lifetime criminal thriller movies but I understand if some may not share my appreciation for movies that forgo the happy ending Hallmark movie channel trope and go off into darker more realistic directions (referring to the White Republican Christian hypocrite Pro-life husband).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  8. ColiBreh1

I watched the 2 hours & 9 min version. That version seems to be more widely available than the shorter hour & a half version.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

This 2019 indie film "Game Day" starring Lil Romeo has platonic IR co-leads:

Link to see which streaming apps/websites it's available on: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/game-day-2019

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

That flick is certainly a flat tire. Just platonic like a 80's and 90's movie.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,almost like a Magic Negro flick.

12. ColiBreh1

What mobile apps do y'all use to keep up with all the films mentioned in this thread? It finally hit me the last couple months that I wouldn't need to browse through the older pages of this thread (& other threads in this subforum) as often as I do if I just added the films & TV shows mentioned to my watchlist on a app.

Right now I use the watchlists on the TV Time & Just Watch apps.

13. Young Herschel

Looks like I found a good one here . . . "My Life for Yours" on Tubi. It is a contemporary crime drama and the main characters featured are the interracial couple . . . a brotha and a latina. I will post the trailer tomorrow.

EDIT: Here is the trailer ~

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • List
  14. Young Herschel

This is going to sound crazy but I just noticed that some of these movies on @Tubi are retread or copycats of other movies that came out years prior.

I just watched "Streetwalkin" featuring a young and sexy prime Academy Award winners Melissa Leo with her beautiful pink areolas and I swear that "Angel in Red" is basically the same movie beat for beat lol. These are the types of seedy nightlife in the city 80's movies I like to drink to late night with crime, sex and nudity. I am watching "Angel in Red" right now just to compare and confirm my suspicion and this one has better interracial content and hotter hoes lol.

EDIT: My God they stealing money here with "Angel in Red" because they have so blatantly copycatted "Streetwalking" but to give credit where credit is do . . .this movie has a substantial upgrade in the quality of women . . . it is obvious less than eight minutes into the movie!!

I really think the young Melissa Leo the protagonist of "Streetwalking" is beautiful with a nice body but Leslie Bega the protagonist of "Angel in Red" is on another level!!

Ok Wikipedia says "Uncaged" is the actual title of "Angel in Red" and it is a practical a scene for scene remake of " Streetwalking" lol I knew I wasn't crazy ;)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  15. ColiBreh1

Netflix finally put out a trailer for "Players" last month & the film premiered earlier this week:

I watched the 1st half of the film last night. Even though Tom Ellis is heavily promoted as Gina Rodriguez's main love interest, through the 1st half of this film & even in a little bit in this trailer, Damon Wayans Jr. is being lowkey teased as the endgame love interest IMO.

For (non-spoiler) example: Gina Rodriguez has more 1-on-1 significant scene time with Damon Wayans in the 1st half of the film than she actually does with Tom Ellis. There's also another subplot involving Damon Wayans Jr. that heightens my suspicion. I'll confirm if my suspicion is right after I watch the 2nd half of the film later tonight.

EDIT:

I just finished the film & my suspicions were correct. Also I just noticed on YouTube that Gina Rodriguez did all the promotional media tour interviews with Damon Wayans Jr. instead of Tom Ellis. So that should been an obvious sign.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. chamber

chamber Active Member

UK pop star Mae Muller makes her acting debut in Amazon Prime movie Gassed Up. Muller plays the love interest of the lead character Ash.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Dude has a white father and black mother, I'd get a paternity test if I was dude but that's just me.

The interracial relationship is the basis of the movie.

• List
  18. ColiBreh1

Stumbled onto this 2013 indie film "Love Triangle" while browsing the Fire TV:

Link to see which streaming services you can watch it on: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/love-triangle

19. ColiBreh1

The 1st trailer for "Borderlands" dropped yesterday:

I just watched Melonie Mac's review of the trailer. While y'all were complaining about the casting of Kevin Hart, looks like Cate Blanchett is also a miscast. Her character, Lilith, is supposed to be younger & a baddie. SMH.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  20. darkcurry

And judging by the trailer it looks like they ditched the plot of them being a couple unless it's either hidden or like I mentioned before they will be going with them being a former couple.