Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I stumbled onto this 2022 indie film "One More Dream" while browsing IMDB:

Link to see which streaming services you can watch it on: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/one-more-dream-2022

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Wished it was on the big screen.

3. ColiBreh1

Trailer & a featurette for the 2017 comedy film "Table 19":

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Looks interesting . Thanks for digging this deep to find something I certainly wouldn't have even thought of where to find . Going to check it out tonight with dinner

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Awkward teens.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Black male character played by Che Tafari is presented as the supporting actor to the main lead white female character played by Brooklynn Prince. But towards the end they didn't even bother to mention him in the credits. Just her and the actors playing her family who were seen less than Che in the trailer. He is not even on some of the posters of this film.

That's a red flag to me.

7. Young Herschel

Good catch and I subliminally made the same observations. I don't get much out of my Paramount+ subscription so I will be watching it for what it's worth. I have heard that Warner Brothers - Discovery is no longer interested in buying Paramount+ which is whatever since they could just buy out Taylor Sheridan for his catalog of shows instead. They already sold MAX their horror movies.

8. ColiBreh1

I just watched "Causeway". While I agree the movie is mostly a platonic IR 'ship, I do feel the film has an open-ended ending that could lead their 'ship in any direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Young Herschel

Rented "Hurricane Smith" on Amazon. Looks good so far but time will tell if it has enough adult elements. Based on what they have provided so far it should as Billy Ray Smith has broken into a brothel on the Gold Coast of Australia while trying to track down his missing sister. He is staying at a hotel called "The Apollo" ;)

10. ColiBreh1

I finished "If You Were the Last" last night. This film has an IR love triangle with Natalie Morales playing Anthony Mackie's wife.

Watched "Somebody I Used to Know" a week or 2 ago. SMH, the promotional artwork was so misleading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

At least they
    kissed

12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it.

The film had enough emotional sincerity to carry it through the adult-Sesame Street production. It didn’t bother me but I could see some not liking the cartoonishness.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

Watching the 1998 film "Ringmaster" and Jamie Pressly's scenes with Michael Jai White are way more steamy than anything I ever saw with her & the brotha her character was married to on "My Name Is Earl".

Also I can't believe that the mom/grandmother from The CW's "Walker" is playing Jamie Pressly's mom in this film. She was a MILF a back than. She's too old nowadays on "Walker" for me to look at her that way, so seeing her in this film was an eyeopener.

14. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

She was pretty old in ringmaster

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. daemonova

Night swim will be on Peacock later this week. I can remember the day specifically, but let's say by this time next week. There isn't much IR in it but it was cool fir what us was till horror parts start.

This just got on Hulu. Anne Hathaway's character has a black son from a previous relationship that she doesn't go into much details about. Oh, yeah. Anne Hathaway character crazy!

Anyway, dude hooks up with the maid's daughter or whatever happens there, I'll let her movie tell it. In addition to me informing y'all of the IR ship, I want to warn the brothers if they find themselves in a situation simular to this brother.

Obviously get ya lawyer up. If your mom is actually Anne Hathaway or facsimile thereof, that should be all you need to do. But didn't I tell you she crazy n his movie, so other stuff happens to get dude off.

I'm going to withhold my grade until someone sees this.

16. Soulthinker

I mentioned that flick after Carl Weathers passed. Hope others would find it like you.

17. Soulthinker

Saw that flick in the theater back then. She was conformable to brothers.

18. daemonova

Didn't matter how comfortable she is, she was as old as the hills, even back then, I remember being utterly disgusted

19. daemonova

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The comedy seems to be on and off. The premise is interesting. I just hope they don't turn the black guy into a deadbeat Dad that ran out on her. Because he is not highlighted in the rest of this trailer.

So this could turn out to be really good or REALLY BAD! People will notice because thankfully nowdays brothas are paying attention to the racial stereotypical characters Hollywood always trying to get away with black men portrayals.