Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

I liked it, as did most of my immediate family. However, I wouldn't look into a sequel if I were you. There really wasn't much more for Julia Stiles' character to accomplish in the movie at the end. She did what she was supposed to do which was follow her dream. And it appeared she agreed to be with the guy in the future. Nothing more to write about.

2. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I have yet to see this movie.

[​IMG]

3. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Well...the sequel could have them living together and attending college...perhaps in a small town in the south. It could show them helping another IR couple follow their dreams despite being in a narrow-minded southern town.

The Kid Rasta 8)

4. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Maybe you could write up a screenplay for that, Kid. And while you put that script together, i'll be writing my script. It's a romance starring Ving Rhames and Lindsay Lohan. It will be rated NC-17. WWBM forum members get in to the advanced screening free.

5. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Is that supposed to funny...or what???

BTW, STLD was actually being developed as a TV series by Paramount at one time.

The Kid Rasta 8)

6. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

The part about you putting the screenplay together was serious. The Ving Rhames/Lindsay Lohan part was not.

Although I woudln't mind checking out either one if it got to the screen.

7. alessandra

alessandra New Member

This is one of the best movies.....I love it...It shows some of the potential feelings of either racial community....I mean the fight between the black girl and white girl over the black guy could happen...or it could be the other way around...its realistic...plus i love dance...so its one of my all-time faves

8. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Another good movie with IR is "Brooklyn Babylon." It's about this BM, I think the lead singer of the Roots plays him but i'm not sure. Anyway, he gets involved with a Hasidic Jewish girl.

9. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

yes brooklyn babylon is a good one.

10. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Okay, does anybody on here remember a Woody Allen movie called "Celebrity" with Kenneth Branagh? It's been a long time, but i'm pretty sure that Charlize Theron kisses a BM in this film. There's a scene where she's in a night club dancing and flirting with Ex- New York Knick Anthony Mason. I'm about 90% sure she kissed him also.

11. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

I remember the movie, but never saw it. Which is interesting considering I've always liked Woody's movies, even though I'm a brotha. Although, from his history with movies, I can't see a white chick even kissing a brotha in on of his flicks. But I will check on it, nonetheless.

12. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

Jessica is smoking hot! I think personally she wouldn't have an issue with it. But Hollywood isn't stupid. Her career is about to skyrocket. Look at the work she did in "Stealth" recently. And remember how hot she was in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre?" She's on the rise. I don't think the brass want to ruin her momentum. But I can definitely see her doing IR. Give it another couple of years. Maybe she'll do a hip hop movie or something. Or a serious drama in a major city (NY or LA) where IR is tolerated, where she's among a group of friends and she's dating a black guy.

13. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Aussie actress Radha Mitchell did IR in a Woody movie with a brotha...can't remember the title.

The Kid Rasta 8)

14. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

"Melinda and Melinda"?

15. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Yeah, that's it: 'Melinda & Melinda'.

The Kid Rasta 8)

16. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

My screen name isn't 'stupid', so when you reply to my post, get it right next time...

and, what I wrote was a personal opinion, and if you feel the need to call me 'stupid' about it, then that would make YOU seem stupid YOURSELF.

17. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

SHIT!! Sorry, that was an accident. I misspelled your screen name and I don't think spell check could have picked that up. Alot of times I'll cut and paste names from the left margin and put them into the quote section. Clearly I need to pay closer attention and type them out myself. Really, that was an accident.

As for your comments, I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY. I love Biel. I think she's smoking hot and would love to see her do IR. All I was saying was lets be realistic. She has star power and Hollywood isn't in a big hurry to put her opposite a black dude. But I'm convinced it will happen.

18. tonytony

tonytony New Member

jessica has done ir, mekhi phifer was her boyfriend in "honey"

19. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Whaaat? I have to see that. I just can't see myself renting that movie though. Ah well..

20. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

That was Jessica Alba not Biel.