Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You sure? I'm listening to the audio podcast review of this movie from Movietrailerreviews.net and based off their review Dakota Johnson's character dating Damon Wayans Jr. is a big part of the movie.

I'm kinda disappointed because when the trailer first dropped a few months ago & I looked up the cast list, I was hoping Damon Wayans Jr. would be paired up with Alison Brie instead. But I didn't realize that Dakota Johnson was the lead, I assumed it was an ensemble of the 4 actresses on the theatrical poster:
    [​IMG]

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I was disapointed that the relationship between Wayans and Johnson did not go deeper. Looked like a fling.

3. Soulthinker

Saw Tripple 9 screening a few days ago. Chiwetel Ejiofor played a ex Navy SEAL turned corrupt cop for one last job for the sister of his girlfriend played by Kate Winslet a Russian gangster wife. Gal Godot plays his girlfriend. He wanted to see his kid but,can't hense the heist.

4. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

do they show anything though? we dont even see kiss scenes with actors in interracial roles anymore

5. Soulthinker

None on that flick.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wasn't there kissing scenes in Z for Zacharian, Alex of Divine, 5 flights up?

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You forgot Feast of Love(Morgan Freeman and Jane Alexander kiss in that film).

8. darkcurry

No I didn't I was just trying to name recent ones. But that was a real question I haven't seen those movies, I was hoping anyone could clue me in.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

5 Flights Up, yes. The others, I haven't seen them so I can't comment.

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

To appease the anti-ir majority audience :rolleyes:

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Or that it is written to suggest but not show anything romantic between a black man and a white woman. It has happened with the film Murder At 1600.

12. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

just look at all the recent movies how to be single, secrets in their eyes , star wars etc they just tease it but nothing happens

13. darkcurry

Film Industry is either slowly catching up with T.V. or (purposely)taking steps backwards.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I don't think that the idea is to tease. Perhaps show the audience that these characters care about one another. A kiss or a sex scene might throw the momentum off the story. And then there is the input of the test audience.

15. darkcurry

A kissing, maybe a sex/love scene would be appropriate if the filmmakers are presenting the audience scenes of attraction towards one another in the relationship

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think that the test audience can make a final call. It is a known fact. Many test audiences are surveyed about everything they saw. This determines whether or not the scene is saved in the film or on the cutting room floor.

The film Virus had a kissing scene between Jaime Lee Curtis and Billy Baldwin. It was cut from the film because the test audience felt that it was inappropriate.

Other than the test audience, there is the studio . They, too, have a say. Many top directors were under a lot of scrutiny and pressure. Danny DeVito had to fight to use the death scene in the film The War Of The Roses. The honchos felt that the scene was too unsettling because it was a very disturbing film altogether. But he got his way.

I believe that the writer(s) are a major part of the process because they create the characters and their relationships. Depending upon the setting and scenario, the characters write themselves.

17. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The Lazarus Effect had the opposite phenomenon. Olivia Wilde did not kiss her husband in the movie, Mark Duplass, but did kiss Donald Glover in a weird seduction scene. I wonder what the politics behind that decision was.

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Was it a deleted scene?

19. darkcurry

No, I saw the film and it was in there. Donald Glover's character was into Olivia's and she kind of knew it being passive and it showed in the scenes.

20. darkcurry

Yeah I know that, what I'm talking about is when there is obvious attraction there in the scene(s) even the main audiences would realize they're going to get together, there is something there, ect. That is when real life hits the film or show, when art imitates life. In real life multiple instinces of attraction leads to something intimate. It's all about choosing the right time and scene to display it, like it is inapropriate when they have kissing and even sex scenes in the middle of a disaster happening like in those b-Level action and horror movies.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016