Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

This movie stars Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. Hanks' presence alone guarantees another major distributor comes onboard (he still is an international box office draw) and Emma only adds icing to go with that cake. You won't have to worry about this film gaining attention.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMH. This movie is coming out the same weekend as the new "Star Wars" spinoff movie is.

3. JamalSpunky

Its like counter-programming. Two different audiences. CB is a Christmas movie too. If it turns out well it will be successful because a feel-good X-Mas movie that's supposedly simultaneously a drama, romance and tearjerker is going to make a lot of bucks if done right. The new SW film, which will easily win the box office that weekend, won't dominate as much as TFA anyway.

4. Darkseid

Darkseid Member

I get the feeling that this will be more like "Kiss the Girls" (Ashley Judd/Morgan Freeman).

5. JamalSpunky

No point even trying to venture sch a guess at this point when very little is known about the film. I keep up with the production of it somewhat and I'm not even sure which female star is even the love interest of Smith's character. Hell, for all I know he may have more than one and Knightley may not even be one of them. The only one I have yet to see pictures of Smith with though on the on-location shoot is Kate Winslet.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Might just put him as the platonic friendship zone guy :smt043 :smt043

7. JamalSpunky

You don't know that either but I'll admit this thread itself is somewhat premature.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw Meet The Blacks starring Mike Epps and Zulay Henao and I've seen the trailers of Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates the Zac Efron movie. It has the Black brother in law Sam Richardson married to his sister. Also,the movie The Bounce Back starring Shamar Moore and Nadine Velezquez. Seems the flicks of Brothers and Latinas are growing.

9. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.

10. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

It's kind of safe to assume it based off his previous endeavors of pairing him with WW on screen.

11. ColiBreh1

I just looked up this movie. It was crowdfunded on Indiegogo back in 2013 (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-bounce-back) and was finally given a release date of this year back in January (http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/shemar-moores-crowdfunded-rom-com-the-bounce-back-finally-gets-a-release-poster-20160129).

I need to know what the demographics are for the folks who crowdfunded this movie. If it was mostly Black Women, they got to be feeling some type of way that they ended up crowdfunding an IR RomCom when they were probably expecting a Black RomCom.

EDIT:
    Skimming through the Facebook page of this movie (https://www.facebook.com/TheBounceBackMovie/), I see mostly replies/comments from white women.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  12. Soulthinker

Wow. The Bounce Back is not in the cinemas in Raleigh.

13. ColiBreh1

I don't think the movie hasn't been released yet. There's no updated release date info on IMDB, Wikipedia, Flixster, or on the movie's Facebook page.

Even when it does get released, it's a crowdfunded indie movie being released by an indie distributer. The movie is gonna get a limited theatrical release at best.

14. Soulthinker

Hope the sales live up to expectations when released. I did not know that Snoop Dogg was one of the producers of Meet The Blacks. It has the cameos of Mike Tyson,Paul Mooney,and others. Ms.Henao who played Mr.Epp's wife is Columbian.

15. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Cheesy as fuck....but Save the last dance has always been one that i like. Lol. Mainly because Fredro Starr is sexy in it.

16. brethard

brethard Active Member

Agreed. Had a huge crush on Julia Stiles after seeing that movie.

17. beccaomecca

Haha! I never really noticed how pure white she was until i watched it again last week lol. The acting was pretty shocking but.. they were very cute together. Especially creating a show on the train

18. brethard

brethard Active Member

Loved that scene. Every scene where they kissed was beautiful. A great film.

19. beccaomecca

Agreed 100%. Wish there was more movies like it.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Check out One Night Stand, Jump Tomorrow, Rachel Getting Married(a beautiful wedding scene, even though the story surrounds Anne Hathaway's character). Guess Who's Coming To Dinner(Sidney Poitier, need I say more).