Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great list and some of in that list are my faves since the brothers got lovin instead of peck on the cheek.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In Drop Zone, nothing romantic ever happened between Yancy Butler and Wesley Snipes. The film sucked and the only thing that was worth watching was the skydiving scenes. I met an extra on the set of Fair Game who had a bit part in which she played a waitress in a bar. Even she said that the film was bad.

3. Soulthinker

I remember they left on the cutting room floor the kiss Mr.Snipes and Ms.Butler.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised. The love scene between Wesley Snipes and Diane Lane in the film Murder At 1600 ended up on the cutting room floor, too. I guess it's because Wesley has a commanding physical presence next to women. The filmmakers that had Wesley in their films saw this and were probably intimidated. Hence why Wesley dropped out of the Hollywood studios scene and made his own films under his Amen-Ra production company.

5. Soulthinker

It was frustrating back then that some Black actors are forbidden to have extra lovin with a WW on screen. I also remember Juila Roberts and another actress tried to have love scenes with Denzel Washington and he had cold feet.

6. Soulthinker

About that Jeff and Corey List. I will find the ones I've seen of the ones in which the brothers have lovin.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

And Julia Roberts wanted Denzel Washington in The Pelican Brief.

Which is why if interracial romance is to be represented fully, independent films is the way to go. You don't need the big studios and the technology to make these films are available. The only issue, perhaps, is distribution. Perhaps talk to Fred Williamson at Po' Boy Productions, he might be able to help.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The thing I never got about that is how are you going to further race relations by giving in to racism. Interracial makes racist uncomfortable not no-racist.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In the Hollywood system, it's about the bottom line; money.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

First trailer dropped today:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  11. Beautiful couple

Love this

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is a must see

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks good. Will Smith getting back on a roll this year.

14. Soulthinker

15. Soulthinker

Save the Last Dance made a lot of money but,the studios are ingrained with racism.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

And those studios are run by Jewish men. I don't think that they would have anything to do with racism. In the past actors like Paul Newman were boycotted in the South because he marched in support of civil rights.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Great trailer. Great cast. No surprise that it will be in the Oscar nominations. And it will be a pleasant surprise if Will Smith wins for Best Actor since he didn't win for Concussion.

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Looks trash.

19. Soulthinker

Save The Last Dance was not that long ago G.

20. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yep. Looks like sentimental trash to me as well.