Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks more powerful than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully the movie does the trailer justice.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL! As much as we talk about the hypocrisy, praise, & the lack of scrutiny that WMBW IR 'ships get compared to BMWW IR 'ships, I don't know why you were surprised about that. You should've expected it.

3. darkcurry

Well the reason I thought that is because this movie other than those comments on that :30 second commercial spot has been well recieved and one of the most anticipated movies of the year. But I get what your saying, I'm aware of the hypocrisy, lol.

4. ColiBreh1

Doesn't matter how good the movie is. Any movie with a Black Male lead & a White Female lead who are love interests are gonna get all types of hate, especially if it's some type of a romantic movie.

Speaking of hypocrisy, have you peeped this week how much these black (& even white) media outlets are making a positive big deal out Prince Harry dating actress Meghan Markle:

The same black media outlets that have been throwing shade the last few months at:

1. Donald Glover having a kid with his white GF

2. Daymond John for getting engaged to his longtime white GF/Baby Mama

3. Mike Coulter for having a white wife

4. Nate Parker for having a white wife

[​IMG] I just have to chuckle at this shit.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  5. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Shit is Hilarious :smt043 :smt043

6. darkcurry

Same. I was going to post that bias, but it happens so much now I get numb and pretty much ignore it. Plus they get shut down at times like when they tried to come at Mike Colter for having a white wife and his character being with Jessica Jones.
    [​IMG]

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

These people haven't went after actress Alfre Woodard for having a white husband and she's in Luke Cage, too.

Yep, they've turned a blind eye on her and other black female celebrities who are in ir relationships A lot of black people prefer to see black love on the big and small screen and want to see it in real life.

A romantic relationship between a bm and a ww or Latina, or Asian woman , any woman other than black, who is also attractive gets under a lot of people's skins.

The fact that this relationship, fictional or real, is human doesn't apply to their view of the world today.

8. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Didn't you guys get the memo? When BW date out it's cause love is blind. When BM date out it's cause we're a bunch of self-hating coons.

BW love using the "marry a woman who looks like your mother" logic except when it comes to Colin Kaepernick, Jesse Williams, Barack Obama, Drake, Boris Kodjoe, Shemar Moore, etc. Those guys are free to mingle with women who look nothing like their birth mothers.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

People sound ridiculous complaining about this.

10. ColiBreh1

Trailer for that french film "Two is a Family" just dropped a couple weeks ago:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  11. ColiBreh1

It looks like that "Happy People" movie was renamed "Live Cargo". It debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival back in April, but it still hasn't got a limited theatrical release date or Trailer yet. Here is an interview with the 2 leads from the Tribeca Film Festival:

[​IMG]

12. darkcurry

I really hope there are subtitles for this film, I would love to see it. Looks good.

13. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Any kissing or sexual scenes in these?

14. ColiBreh1

Do those movie have IR in them? Those movies have peaked my interest ever since I watched the 2010 British film "4.3.2.1." that I mentioned in this thread last year. "4.3.2.1." is also a Noel Clark movie.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes they do CB1. It was mentioned on past threads.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I had not seen 4.3.2.1 but,I hope to see it via DVD or stream soon.

17. ColiBreh1

New trailer:

18. darkcurry

Really feeling this movie. Different, creative, great acting.

I think someone tried to say him and Keira are an IR pair, I don't think they
    are going to be in the type of pairing people are looking for, probably more so another Hollywood version of an IR couple or pairing.

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Just a platonic pairing from what I'm seeing.

20. ColiBreh1

From watching the 2 trailers it seems Keira is Will's ex-wife in the movie.